Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I believe the **** off you **** on his drum kit was directed at Sting. He also had I HATE STING on his kick drum. Shortly thereafter, The Police were splitsky.

Saw them on their re union tour interview with Elvis Costello on his talk show "Spectacle" - Andy and Stewart clearly hate Stings guts - and Sting keeps going on as though they were a one man band!

Saw Hoglan with Fear Factory for the Metallica run. The man is a beast but his bass drum seriously sounded lost in the mix. Then Ulrich came on and his sounded monstrous. Stupid drum tech needs to do his job! :mad::p
I saw him with Strapping Young Lad in the early noughties and he blew me away. Effortless.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
That drummer must've practiced his timing to a guitarist.:D

Most guitarists I've played with are into the solos and the "get a root" stuff but when it comes to playing solid time,they are hopeless.

Not good team players.

There are exceptions of course.

Awesome youtube Madtiger.

Classss.

Here's one of my fav drummers and my fav guitarist together.

[youtube]L1WEQq6iPZM[/youtube]

This is one of the only guitarists that shows off and makes it sound musical.

GOD=John McLaughlin.

Yeah Cobham is probably the most crazy drummer of all time. It's hard to imagine anyone out doing him on the drum kit. I reckon he could do everything on the drums. :cool:

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
[youtube]gEVrN9SdRuk[/youtube]

rock.gif

thedevilsowne

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Matt Skitz Sanders from Damaged.

But Danny Carey.....

Yea man Skitzy's still going strong after all these years. Great local drummer. I know some guys who are in a band with him called Insidious Torture.

This is really worth watching an amazing drummer. :thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]64qu9ioEEnc[/YOUTUBE]

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Being an old bastard, I'd have to say Levon Helm. Without him there would have been no Band. Nobody was ever able to duplicate those 'dead' skins he affected on a kit discovered in a second-hand store.

Ginger Baker thought he was the best drummer in the world, and for a while he was right.

Best drummer I've ever seen 'live' was a bloke called Stewie Spears, who played with Max Merritt. He came from jazz and had no peer. Given that he weighed about 25 stone and was in his 50s when I saw him, I doubt he attracted many groupies. He suffered horrendous injuries, which crippled his legs, in the same car accident in which Max Merritt lost an eye, while they were driving between gigs. After the accident, he actually became an even better drummer. I think it was part of his recovery therapy.

As Robbie Robertson said, "The road has taken some of the greats - Janis, Jimi, The Big Bopper, Richie Valens, Buddy Holly." I'd also throw in Otis Redding. Life's never been the same for me since we lost him.

Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Lars Ulrich!
dont judge on the St.Anger album alone, most of it was questionable but
all you need to listen to is the S&M album and some brilliant work on the black plus Load/Reload albums..

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
Yeah a bit a fan of Skitz too.
Saw this video just the other day which was a little bit different I thought...

[youtube]fiinLgIE6qk[/youtube]

Saw him a couple of times playing with Walk the Earth and he's not just a great drummer, he's also great to watch in action too.

Another guy I like to watch play....

[youtube]9hU1VT6r-tA[/youtube]

KaLL

Club Legend
Suspended
Oct 17, 2007
Geraldton
AFL Club
West Coast
Hate, or envy?

Hate. I love jazz guitar when its done well, even some fusion jazz (Such as Jeff Beck). But Mclaughlin's guitar playing just sounds like so hollow and emotionless to my ear.

Compare this

[YOUTUBE]XTtL-sjcKzU[/YOUTUBE]

to this

[YOUTUBE]f64XZRRs0jA[/YOUTUBE]

I know which one i'm envious of :thumbsu:

[youtube]PpwzXpaK1fM[/youtube]

[youtube]kJBnvRbSHDU[/youtube]

[youtube]Kym8TZb5TQk[/youtube]

[youtube]u_JlgW0qPjg[/youtube]

Just because it's an aussie classic don't mean it don't deserve respect....

[YOUTUBE]AONxdnTrZSU[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah Spectrum is great :cool:
I actually heard that song on channel 7 during the game build up lol

The first 4 albums my old mum bought me when I was young in the early 70s.

Paranoid-Black Sabbath
Led Zep 2
Buddy Rich Big Band-Big Swing Face
Billy Cobham-Spectrum

Still have the Cobham vinyl here.

First 2 were cassette tapes.

Lost the Rich album but bought it on later on cd with the bonus tracks.

Back