Greatest Dynasty of the 21st century - Lions vs Cats vs Hawks vs Tigers

Which dynasty is the greatest?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I frickin hate them, but in objective moments, rate RFC very highly for winning 3 flags with a fair whack of what could be called euphemistally average players, who once placed in the team within the process...win flags. And in 2 of those years, blew most opponents off the park. So in terms of doing more with less, wow.

Mjc3MDEzNA.jpeg

This is Kanzi, a bonono chimpanzee that American university researchers have trained to use symbols-images, enabling him to create an effective “language” and to communicate with them trough his own tablet! Kanzi can use up to 500 of these images to construct sentences, ask questions and make requests. I thought you would find it interesting since images, apparently appearing quite witty in the vast unoccupied expanses of your mind, seem to be your preferred way of communicating as well. Kanzi is expected to extend his “vocabulary” into several thousand image words in the future. Just to let you know that you actually have competition out there!

Here is the link if you want to read more about it: https://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/software/apes-with-apps

Why not, you might learn something...

Also let’s not forget that playing in a grand final doesn’t necessarily make you a contender. 😜🤪😵🥴🥴🍻
Not to mention the fact we've also been informed in this thread that winning a premiership does not necessarily make you premiership standard.

Refer Geelong's premierships, because they were beaten by Hawthorn in 2008, who didn't make the finals the following year, they were obviously a really bad team during the 2007 to 2011 period.

OK so there’s two examples. Did you catch round 4 last year when Dusty was out? He wasn’t the only one out that day with Richmond also missing Cotchin, Riewoldt and Rance. They still went up to Adelaide and beat the Power.
Super effort to beat the 10th placed Port Adelaide in 2019 without Martin. Surely must go down as one of Richmond's greatest ever home and away victories?

Because that's now the second time that game has been referenced in response to my comment.

View attachment 1022409

This is Kanzi, a bonono chimpanzee that American university researchers have trained to use symbols-images, enabling him to create an effective “language” and to communicate with them trough his own tablet! Kanzi can use up to 500 of these images to construct sentences, ask questions and make requests. I thought you would find it interesting since images, apparently appearing quite witty in the vast unoccupied expanses of your mind, seem to be your preferred way of communicating as well. Kanzi is expected to extend his “vocabulary” into several thousand image words in the future. Just to let you know that you actually have competition out there!

Here is the link if you want to read more about it: https://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/software/apes-with-apps

Why not, you might learn something...
Nice image but how the hell do you know all this other stuff?

Round 16, 2017.

Dusty Martin 19 disposals, a game high 7 clangers and a game high 3 frees against.

Half time score:

St.Kilda 14.8 92, Richmond 1.4.10.

Richmond only lost 1 more game in 2017. They should be thanking St.Kilda for their dynasty.

St Kilda is the greatest club because we made the greatest dynasty happen.

Or something.

It's logical. I can feel it! I've learnt from the best around here.

Makes about as much sense as your other posts

The funny thing is, no one acts like this in real life.

If a co worker, or your boss, or a client gave you some information- a spreadsheet, a report, whatever- and you tried your very hardest to misrepresent that information, and showed zero effort at understanding what was in front of you, you'd be jobless pretty quick. Your co workers wouldn't like you, and your boss would be wondering why they employed you.

You’re claiming I’m misrepresenting data, yet you’re twisting it pretty hard to suit your own argument in the first place.

Not to mention the fact we've also been informed in this thread that winning a premiership does not necessarily make you premiership standard.

Refer Geelong's premierships, because they were beaten by Hawthorn in 2008, who didn't make the finals the following year, they were obviously a really bad team during the 2007 to 2011 period.

You’ve got it the wrong way round. Someone is claiming the Cats were premiership standard from 2007-2011. Thats 5 years, but they only won 3. Something doesn’t add up.

Super effort to beat the 10th placed Port Adelaide in 2019 without Martin. Surely must go down as one of Richmond's greatest ever home and away victories?

Because that's now the second time that game has been referenced in response to my comment.

It was one of the better wins. I noticed you forgot to mention that Cotchin, Riewoldt and Rance and Houli were missing too.

Nice image but how the hell do you know all this other stuff?

Well, instead of replying to posts with images of masturbation like you, I like writing sentences as well, trying I suppose to make a point. I hope you didn't misunderstand my post as insinuating you are an ape or something. I don’t know if you are a male or female, black or white etc. In fact, comparing you to poor Kanzi is an insult to him rather than you. He uses images to communicate with people, instead of trying to insult and denigrate them like you. This is the main board, you can troll as much as you like on bay 13. Why don’t you try to be a happy Buddhist indeed, haven’t you heard of bad Karma?

Well, instead of replying to posts with images of masturbation like you, I like writing sentences as well, trying I suppose to make a point. I hope you didn't misunderstand my post as insinuating you are an ape or something. I don’t know if you are a male or female, black or white etc. In fact, comparing you to poor Kanzi is an insult to him rather than you. He uses images to communicate with people, instead of trying to insult and denigrate them like you. This is the main board, you can troll as much as you like on bay 13. Why don’t you try to be a happy Buddhist indeed, haven’t you heard of bad Karma?
Oh s**t!! 🤣🤣🤣

Just a forum dude, sorry for your loss. 🥺🥺🥺

You’ve got it the wrong way round. Someone is claiming the Cats were premiership standard from 2007-2011. Thats 5 years, but they only won 3. Something doesn’t add up.
Wait-a-minut. Cats weren’t premiership standard in 2008 or 2010? Is that what you are implying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait-a-minut. Cats weren’t premiership standard in 2008 or 2010? Is that what you are implying?

“Premiership standard” teams generally win the premiership. So yeah. I’ll give you 2008 though because they really should’ve won that one but got shown up on the day. 2010 was absolutely not premiership standard. They finished 2nd and got beat in two finals, including an absolute hiding in the prelims.

There’s no way they were the premier team that year.

Even if Geelong had dropped out of the 8 in 2010, they still won flags 48 months apart with mostly the same team and same core.

Something no other team has done in the AFL era.

Plenty of teams have gone back2back, or come within a kick- Adelaide, Brisbane, Hawthorn, Richmond, Sydney.

That's 5 of the 13 clubs that existed 30 years ago and still exist now.

People criticise Geelong for failing to go B2B without crediting them for doing something rarer and more unique. Something with arguably a greater degree of difficulty.

Last edited:
Footy is a physically demanding sport.

The average player has a prime that lasts for 6 or 7 years. It takes 5 or 6 years in the system to consistently reach their potential, until age 23 or 24. By 30 they're declining.

So we have a sport where players have a short time at their peak. And an administrative body that restricts player movement, by disallowing free agency and more recently allowing a restrictive version of it.

Yet a team managed to win flags every 2nd year for 5 years with mostly the same group of players. Whilst finishing 2nd and 3rd in between.

An astounding achievement of longevity. An unmatched achievement of longevity in recent times.

Yet several posters automatically put this team last of the 4 dynasties, because other teams won flags within a shorter time period.

Backing up is impressive. But longevity is just as great.

Even if Geelong had dropped out of the 8 in 2010, they still won flags 48 months apart with mostly the same team and same core.

Something no other team has done in the AFL era.

Plenty of teams have gone back2back, or come within a kick- Adelaide, Brisbane, Hawthorn, Richmond, Sydney.

That's 5 of the 13 clubs that existed 30 years ago and still exist now.

People criticise Geelong for failing to go B2B without crediting them for doing something rarer and more unique. Something with arguably a greater degree of difficulty.

Won flags 48 months apart with much the same team? Hawks and lions did that and won a flag in the middle for giggles. Richmond did that 2017 and 2019 and may still threepeat meaning they will have done that twice in five years.

so you are claiming uniqueness because only geelong did win miss win miss win? It may be unique but it does not make them clearly the greatest team

Carlton ‘winning’ spoons in 2002. 2005 2006 is unique in the AFL era too

Footy is a physically demanding sport.

Backing up is impressive. But longevity is just as great.

I think that’s the best we’ll ever get. And just because we challenge outlandish claims, it doesn’t mean we rate geelong ‘last’

I think that’s the best we’ll ever get. And just because we challenge outlandish claims, it doesn’t mean we rate geelong ‘last’
Plenty of posters have come into this thread with "3/3 is best then 3/4 then 3/5", and have placed Geelong 4th purely because they didn't back up, or won their flags over a longer period

Won flags 48 months apart with much the same team? Hawks and lions did that and won a flag in the middle for giggles. Richmond did that 2017 and 2019 and may still threepeat meaning they will have done that twice in five years.

Just re-read that back to yourself......

Carlton ‘winning’ spoons in 2002. 2005 2006 is unique in the AFL era too

Oh dear.

Last edited:
Well it took almost 69 pages but we have finally through natural selection come up with a clearer ranking.

Hawthorn and Richmond have grouped up, meanwhile Brisbane and Geelong have grouped with Collingwood, St Kilda and West Coast supporters. That's all you really need to know.

By Natural Selection the winners are Hawthorn and Richmond and you can rank those however you like, and the rest can please themselves over the scraps.

Plenty of posters have come into this thread with "3/3 is best then 3/4 then 3/5", and have placed Geelong 4th purely because they didn't back up, or won their flags over a longer period
Yes. Yes it is. Just how a hatrick in cricket is better than taking 3 wickets spread out over 4 or 5 balls. It's still a hell of an achievement, but it's no hatrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back