Greatest Richmond Tigers Photos of all Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the mop on these two... :D

l.jpg

It may not have been pretty, but beating Carlton in a final was the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen!

I remember the tension being very high that day... it was the weekend after Sept 11, every one was on edge and it was a scrappy ugly game of football... I felt sick all day feeling that we were going to lose it, when the final siren went I was so relieved!!

I remember the tension being very high that day... it was the weekend after Sept 11, every one was on edge and it was a scrappy ugly game of football... I felt sick all day feeling that we were going to lose it, when the final siren went I was so relieved!!

That's a line I commonly use, that the last time we won a final was the weekend after September 11, and bugger me if I'm not desperate to see another one, and will be flying anywhere around the country to be there.

You're right, that day was full of tension, one of those games, we always seemed to have them at arms length, but a couple of quick ones to them would have always turned the game. Remember them kicking one in the last qtr to get within 3pts and thinking s**t we could lose this one. When Rory Hilton slotted that goal after the deft tap on from Richo, that was bliss!

Can't say I've ever heard Ray Hall described as 'effervescent' either!

KB with hair :)
art-353-261564936-200x0.jpg

Oh my god.

KB handballing.

Capt Blood being swamped after his famous address at the Save Our Skins campaing day at the MCG... (Sadly I missed the speech as I and the rest of the cheer squad in 1990 were out rattling tins at the major intersections along Punt Rd / Hoddle St... reckon I collected at least $300 in my bucket in 2 hours towards the club that day!)

DMOTC_SaveOurSkins.jpg
Wonder if any of those boys made it onto an AFL list at a later date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Roach photo is higher on my list of all time great AFL photos than even jesaulenko's one, but clearly i am biased.

Here's another version of it. Right over Dippas head :Dlove that one

Having met Dippa a few times, knowing the scale of things and how high up Roach was, it still gives me goosebumps. To be blunt, it was one mega-f**king massive leap!

774659-michael-roach.jpg

I actually won a prelim that day, a GF the day we lost to Brisbane, and havent seen any footage of either!

Mark Couglan? It dosnt look like him

Was his first game back after a long time out... the song in the rooms was massive!

It was our first win for the year, which was a shocking start... was Cousins' first game for Tiges when he did his hammy and the Blues smashed us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back