Competitions Greatest St.Kilda player of all-time [Round of 16 - POOL A]

Who moves onto the quarterfinals form POOL A?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all!

Over the past week we've been nominating who we think should be considered amongst the greatest St.Kilda players in our 144 year history (which you can find here). With such a proud and memorable history, this knockout tournament will highlight players of all eras, culminating in a sole winner and 'Greatest Saint of all-time' title.

I have created POOL A and POOL B (which you can find here) to make it easier to vote on each match-up.

I know the poll shows just the players names separately but please look below to find the match-up. Please vote for who you think wins the match-up. Four match-ups, four votes. The winners move onto the Quarterfinals, and the losers are eliminated.

Here is the bracket;

tfqCRty.png

Your nominations have been tallied and the results are in...

Pool A will consist of the following match-up's;

(1) Nick Riewoldt v (16) Verdun Howell

(7) Trevor Barker v (10) Nathan Burke

(5) Nicky Winmar v (12) Ian Stewart

(3) Tony Lockett v (14) Carl Ditterich

Last edited:

Roo.

Howell was from all accounts a wonderful player but rooie revolutionised the way CHBs play the game. A freak athlete with enormous courage.

Barks

Both barks and burkey had big offers to leave the saints but never waivered. Burkey was a tough skillful bugger, but barks is the heart of St kilda. Our club lost a part of its soul the day he passed. :(

Ian stewart

Nicky was a great leader and inspiration for his people as well as being an incredible footballer. Stewart, though: 2 brownlows with us plus a third with that other mob. Said to be freakishly skilled. Despite his faults he wins this one.

Plugger

'Nuff said

Last edited:
Added all the career info to the above posts if some of you weren't around to watch these guys and want to see how much they achieved in the game!

RIEWOLDT V HOWELL
Geez i wouldve loved to see Howell play.
Sounds like a champ and a ripper of a bloke.
But i think Roo is gonna have Verdun saying " how the F*** does this bloke keep running like that?"
RIEWOLDT :thumbsu:

BARKER V BURKE
talk about two heart and soul players who gave their all. Two bloody tough tacklers as well.
Gotta go Trev. Dont think Nathan woud mind Barks taking mark of the yr on his shoulders:D
BARKER:thumbsu:

WINMAR V STEWART
probably the tuffest one for me.
Two highly skilled extremely well balanced players. Absolutely brilliant footy players both of them.
Both also have slight negatives. Nicky being a bit of a handful at times and Stewart leaving us at the peak of his powers.
Stewart has the runs on the board with other greats praising him. But just because i saw Nicky play so many great games im picking him purely on a self indulgent motive. He gave me so much joy. With apologies to Ian Stewart.
WINMAR :thumbsu:

LOCKETT V DITTERICH
LOL talk about two hard bastards.
What a fight .What a blood bath. What a contest.
Besides from his reputation Carl could obviously seriously play and his mobility would trouble Lockett.
But Plugger is the best player ive ever seen.
LOCKETT:thumbsu:

Geez that was bloody tuff:eek:

What does that mean?

When I use my smartphone to browse the thread topics on the St Kilda board it shows images or gifs posted within each thread. The image that is currently showing for this one is lesbian pr0n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as well the mods were onto it.
Knowing my luck id be looking at Big Footy on my phone and my wife would walk up behind me and see lesbian pr0n pics.:eek:
Theres no way shes gonna believe me saying " no honey i swear i wasnt looking at naked women a on the internet. Its a footy website".

Its bad enough being busted looking at pr0n intentionally all the time. I dont need to get in trouble for unintentional pr0n as well;):p

So no more lesbian pr0n in this thread then?

Looks like no more pictures in the thread titles at all. I'd say the mods have disabled that feature while they work on the problem. Happy New Year mods!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My smart phone is an old prude. Wouldn't let me see anything.. no matter how many times I refreshed..... :(

Well mine is an old perv. Still there. Maybe its an app thing?
810c656adaecbecff8e941205fec0243.jpg

Posted something more appropriate. Maybe this will come up instead

Yep. That I got

Please stop posting pr0n in this thread, you're getting me excited

:D

Looks like no more pictures in the thread titles at all. I'd say the mods have disabled that feature while they work on the problem. Happy New Year mods!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand what you mean by pics in thread titles. Users can't randomly insert pics/vids in threads they didn't start.

It's probably in your cache.

Back