Analysis Greatest Win In Club History?

Greatest Win In Club History

• Round 17 2016 v Carlton

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Round 18 2016 v Melbourne

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny. Rename to greatest win that feels like a loss and you're onto something.
(this club is on a roll with those)

Thats got to be the worst victory ive ever seen

Is it though? We had no right to win, but we got it. In the wet, smashed in every stat, big names playing poor (Hurn, Wellers, Darling early), but we got there.

Back 6 looked impossible to get through too. Emac, Gov and Barrass looked good.

Is it though? We had no right to win, but we got it. In the wet, smashed in every stat, big names playing poor (Hurn, Wellers, Darling early), but we got there.

Don't justify it. Hawthorn have a track record of greatness, when they pull one out it screams experience and poise. Today's win screams Melbourne kicked like s**t. Don't pretend it was anything more than we fell over the line.

Don't justify it. Hawthorn have a track record of greatness, when they pull one out it screams experience and poise. Today's win screams Melbourne kicked like s**t. Don't pretend it was anything more than we fell over the line.

I just hate Melbourne that any win against them is "great". Even pre season.

This run of wins will be remembered in the same vain as that series of comebacks we had in 2006 (Geelong in Geelong being the best one).

Simply stunning football on the way to winning the premiership.

Or something like that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass is a seriously good player.

I feel like this is a legacy of the 00 period.

We lost huge talent in the midfield, but maintained our defensive experience. Therefore, our backline, due to Glass, Butler, Waters and Hurn, has developed well.

Same with our ruck. Cox has taught a star in NN and solid players in Lycett and Sinclair.

Whereas our midfield fails to have consistency and our forward was awfully wasteful, but overwhelming talent and dedicated coaching has finally made it click. Except for Darling who is a great player but regularly has mental implosions.

I mean, when our second best ball carrier is a defensive forward, you have to wonder about the communication and coaching of the midfield group.

As for the wins, they are good. Bad games but close wins can build a side. If you can learn to win bad, then you can build to a challenger. It means you will smash teams when playing well and still hold on in opoor form.

We're keeping our game plan under wraps for the finals series.

Will win the premiership when we explode out of our subtle angles.
I can see it now, Gov intercepts, straight up the middle, to Shuey, handoff to Yeo who boots it forward to Darling running at goal, who in two minds trips and handpasses to a Lecras that should have let Darling have the shot. LeCras gets tackled and kicks wildly missing.

Yes. We got completely owned by melbourne on our home deck. Not just outplayed, but owned! Should be giggling and laughing with taking the 4 points but i could not and did not enjoy the game at all. Roos will be steaming though so that makes things a little better

Back