Greece

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I've ever seen the Russian's whisper about this stuff, let alone their Foreign Ministry release statements..guess it's convenient for them now to poke Turkey with something that's been happening for years. Still, at least they are speaking the truth unlike the dirty lying two faced Western countries.

https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/728562318783750144

May 10, 2016
The Ugly Truth Behind the Greek Bailout

by Robert Hunziker

shutterstock_295240580.jpg

Yiorgos GR | Shutterstock.com

Christine Lagarde, the Queen of Troika and the Head Honcho of the IMF, on May 6th, threatened to pull the IMF out of the Greek rescue plan, with a straight face, calling it a “rescue plan.” Oh, please!

Yet, it is extremely doubtful the IMF would ever entirely pull out since the plan really bails out its own constituency of banks at an unfathomable expense to the Greek people.

Meantime in Greece, transportation and civic services throughout the country grind to a screeching halt, full stop, as the people hit the streets.

Queen Christine’s backroom stratagem, described in a Wikileaks’ leaked confidential letter exclusive to Troika members, preceded the three-day nationwide strike in very strong protest against more and more, infinitely more, austerity measures burying the Greek people as quid pro quo for bailout money, which almost exclusively (95%) serves to service creditors. This is insanity of the highest order. How can Greeks at all accede to a measly 5%?

Anyway, the Troika bailout ruse is finally hitting the proverbial “ you can’t squeeze blood out of a turnip” stage, which is when citizens go berserk, ballistic, fighting mad, screaming, kicking and scratching, all kinds of turmoil and hubbub, maybe carnage. Who knows?

The ugly sequence of events started on May 6th when Greece’s shipping, public transport, and civil service departments included the days Friday and Saturday to their planned nationwide strike for Sunday, May 8th, the day when Greece’s Parliament votes on tax changes, as imposed by Troika, meaning higher taxes and lower pensions. Robotically, this is all the Brussels bureaucrats know.

“Greece’s largest labour union, the private sector GSEE, said the changes, were the ‘last nail on [sic] the coffin’ for workers and pensioners. A spokesman said: ‘They are trying to prove to the Eurogroup that they are good students but they are destroying Greece’s social security system,” Greece Hit by General Strike Over Pension and Tax Change, BBC News, May 6, 2016.

“’They are the worst so far,’ said Odysseus Trivalas, president of the public sector union ADEDY. ‘At some point, Greeks won’t be able to take anymore and there will be a social explosion,” IMF Threatens to Pull Out of Greek Rescue, The Guardian, May 6, 2016.

(in other words you aint seen nothing yet in terms of civil unrest..politicians and the bankers better have an exit strategy because it'll be their heads the people come for)

Hark! The Greek bailout is the epitome, the essence of neoliberal practices, i.e., slash and burn social welfare, grind people into the ground, hammer‘em, to save capital. But, then again, that’s how the neoliberal brand of capitalism functions the world over, and it sucks!

The Greek rescue plan, in real time, is equivalent to stepping inside the pages of The Shock Doctrine, similar to The Truman Show, experiencing life in a reality TV program.

The Shock Doctrine–The Rise of Disaster Capitalism, the title of Naomi Klein’s wonderful 2008 New York Times’ bestseller says it all, laying out for everybody the hideous details behind capitalism’s newest wrinkle circa 1980s, neoliberalism, a destructive heat-seeking-missile aimed at unions, social welfare programs, and governmental regulations, let the free market reign supreme!

Greece- “The Mouse That Roared”

Assuming negotiations break apart, which could happen, a Grexit has broad-reaching negative implications for neoliberalism’s unrelenting penchant for slashing and burning and stomping on social welfare programs.

Forget the fact that Greece is only 2% of Eurozone GDP. Regardless, a pushback against Troika-imposed austerity may ripple throughout the EU, as other anti-austerity parties, like Podemos in Spain, closely follows.

Not only is the sanctity of Troika’s unseemly anti-austerity measures at stake. Additionally, an extremist threat, a fierce anti-EU stance by right-wingers like France’s National Front and Britain’s Ukip will feast upon a broken Greek/EU relationship, strengthening their argument that European integration is a passing fad doomed to utter failure.

Meanwhile, adding kindling to the probability of a raging brush fire, Vladimir Putin stands in the shadows with sharpened fangs deliciously smacking lips over the juicy prospect of a Russian/Greece relief package, walloping NATO and the U.S. with the fallen sword of Damocles.

Clearly, the Troika’s brutal austerity measures, designed exclusively to protect creditors, could backfire, flaring up like roman candles on the 4th, perhaps dismantling the EU, a crumbling house of cards.

“The Greek people have been living through hell during the last six years, and unfortunately they trusted that Tsipras [PM] would put an end to the extreme austerity measures, which are combined with a total undemocratic regime. Unfortunately, instead of putting an end, he put his signature to a third memorandum, which is even worse than the previous two… People are back on the streets protesting for their rights and dignity because right now they’re being asked to pay taxes which amount to almost the totality of their revenue. They’re asked to give up their homes… They’re asked to surrender public property, which is privatized at very, very low prices. And, they’re also asked to give up democracy” (Zoe Konstantopoulou (40), lawyer and former, youngest ever, Speaker of Hellenic Parliament).

Here’s the Ugly Truth Behind Foul Greek Rescue Plan(s):

Some 95 percent of the 220 billion euros disbursed to Greece since the start of the financial crisis as loans from the bailout mechanism has been directed toward saving the European banks. In other words, about 210 billion euros was eventually channeled to the eurozone credit sector while just 5 percent ended up in state coffers, according to a very recent study by the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) in Berlin.

“Europe and the International Monetary Fund have in previous years mainly saved the banks and other private creditors,” concluded the report, published in German newspaper Handelsblatt. According to ESMT director Jorg Rocholl, “the bailout packages mainly saved the European banks,” (Jan Hildebrand and Thomas Sigmund, Study: Bailouts for Banks, Not Greeks, Handelsblatt Global Edition, May 4, 2016.)

Economists studied each loan separately to establish where the money ended up, and concluded that just 9.7 billion euros, or less than 5 percent, went to the Greek budget for the benefit of citizens.

A Greek Rescue Plan?

Like I said long ago. Now the media start speaking the truth. Of course, after the intended damage was done by their intentional lies..

* the EU and * NATO. Bring on the Russians and Chinese, simply to * NATO and Europe right back.

I think I mentioned here once about how SYRIZA went from a nothing minor party, to having newspapers/tv stations/ and a slick advertising campaign almost over night, and asked where did the money come from?
He was a sellout from the start.

Btw, Karamanlis the man they wanted to assassinate, was doing the complete opposite of all the cuts to pensions and hospitals that these vultures are forcing through.

Samaras will be just as worse as Papandreou and Tsipras and the bankster estbalishment puppets in between.

Karamanlis wouldn't have allowed this to happen. This happened because he was fighting against it. Because he went to Russia.
For decades Greece has been screwed by the West, by American particularly, by NATO, the EU. It's even worse now.
So naturally, why wouldn't you seek new partnerships? You would, it's logical. That's what Karamanlis did, with Russia and China.
The pipeline that would have changed the game, for Greece particuarly, with Russia, was why they brought down Karamanlis.

Remember, the anarchists that were destroying property and setting fires in Athens? They weren't even Greeks. They even had an assassination plot against him with local collaborators.

Whose money mobilized the local anarchists & the radical left wingers through the various groups they fund in Greece?

Do you understand Greek? Check this video out..it's not about the economy directly, but the refugee crisis, Turkey..retired General and former Defence Minister.

Last edited:
He is spot on I love it how ppl complain the Chinese got the port of Piraeus

Here's another one you'll like, listen to the priest specifically towards the end. :cool:

I had a good video as well of so called "refugees" and children, faking crying and faking being beaten up dripping in "blood". The unedited version that they don't show on the news, specifically the child crying..was completely fake, they poured a bottle of water over his head, and he was 'acting', and at the end he motions to the camera that's enough, and you can clearly see his face that he was/is fine/has not been crying.

Aren't muslims not only allowed but supposed to lie to the infidels and "non believers"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha. You must really think poorly of people's intelligence.

The bit in bold is what FPPF cut out, while continuing to avoid the question...

I think we can safely say FPPF can't actually think of a way to blame "political correctness" for much of anything.
What if (fully admit stretching) it is political correctness to not object to a purchaser/ buyer on account of the money coming from China. As in arguing "we can't sell asset x to China" is seen as racist vs Chinese just because they have the $

What if (fully admit stretching) it is political correctness to not object to a purchaser/ buyer on account of the money coming from China. As in arguing "we can't sell asset x to China" is seen as racist vs Chinese just because they have the $
Full points for trying to understand, but it's hard for me to enter that frame of mind to understand how what you've said relates to what he said. But aside from whatever that initial point was, in the example provided, it sounds pretty "racist" to say no because they're Chinese, but it could arguably relate to an ideological problem with State control or their specific govt - not 'race'.

Could political correctness gone mad also prevent rejection of other ideologies because of the "all viewpoints are valid and need to be respected" extreme (over) tolerance? Or rather the "tolerate it as long as the money is there" view which corporatisation seems to lead to?

Could political correctness gone mad also prevent rejection of other ideologies because of the "all viewpoints are valid and need to be respected" extreme (over) tolerance? Or rather the "tolerate it as long as the money is there" view which corporatisation seems to lead to?
You are speaking so abstractly it's hard to know what you mean. But I'll try again: Most people accuse "political correctness" of stopping discussion of extreme ideologies. You are now saying it may potentially stop the rejection of extreme ideologies.

This only helps my point. "Political correctness" is used as a blanket term to cover all sorts of random things, which aren't related to the original definition. All "political correctness" refers to is being "correct" in regards to the terms that someone wants to be called (that's considered political, as it's seen as a "political" statement to say 'I want to be known as X'). For example, that means instead of "wog" saying "Maltese". Or, you know, not calling a Phillipino a "Ching Chong China-man". Most people would agree that is fair enough, if the person prefers it. Of course, in Australia wog was EVENTUALLY embraced, because people of Mediterranean extraction got annoyed that a label was seen as a criticism when they were proud of their heritage and/or themselves. But in the UK that term is used for people of African extraction and remains offensive, because they don't embrace that insult (which of course is one of many that African heritage people get hit with).

To make it trickier, let's look at transgender/transsexual/gender fluidity. I have no idea what the different things mean, because unsurprisingly it has never come up. I may have said "he" and had someone say I should say "she" twice in my life, but otherwise I only ever hear about it from alt-right types trying to pretend it's a major issue, or people who are referring to the bathrooms issue in America. There's a world of dumb about the issue (most obviously - there is nothing sexual about pooing or peeing), but it doesn't really effect anything substantial in people's day-to-day lives.

The idea that people don't speak freely because they will get told off for being politically incorrect has got nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with that person's self-esteem. I don't want to offend people, but I don't have a particular problem with it (as you've probably seen on BF), but I try to be correct. That means using specifics and trying to point out disclaimers if I think something will potentially be misunderstood. If someone wants to rant about some minority and gets annoyed that other people might not like it, then they are complaining about something called humans. A lot of humans don't like conflict that much, and way more dislike discussing politics. A lot also dislike hearing someone rant about some minority. Very often a bunch of errors come along with those rants. People like me will want to correct those errors. All of this is normal human discussion. Not some conspiracy or creeping menace.

The fact publicly-listed corporations are apparently required to think of profits first could well mean they don't make judgement calls about morals or politics until a consumer boycott or sanctions or something effects their profits. That can be discussed, as everything can be, because political correctness doesn't stop discussion. It asks for accuracy. But once again there are heaps of reasons why things happen in business (language difficulties creating a lack of understanding of a foreign market or industry set-up, being the most obvious), and they have happened for centuries.

Thanks for the response

I was thinking along the lines (remembering I am continuing the other poster's hypothetical about political correctness) that people want to (for example) reject foreign investment or foreign born workers but feel that they are gagged from comment for fear of being seen as racist. Because I see in the minds of some policital correctness has become broadened to that extent. Football related example would be the booing of Goodes - which for me was based on him being a frustratingly good player for the opposition - but it became seen as racially based.

Thanks for the response

I was thinking along the lines (remembering I am continuing the other poster's hypothetical about political correctness) that people want to (for example) reject foreign investment or foreign born workers but feel that they are gagged from comment for fear of being seen as racist. Because I see in the minds of some policital correctness has become broadened to that extent. Football related example would be the booing of Goodes - which for me was based on him being a frustratingly good player for the opposition - but it became seen as racially based.
Your hypothesis deserves the same response I gave the original post. It's bullsh*t. Businesses do what they want and employee people who can do the job. Foreign workers are popular (in case you missed all the reports about exploitation of international students, or use of 457s, etc).

Your hypothesis is also bullsh*t about Goodes. Booing began after he called out the girl for calling him an ape. And as you saw and heard, outcry did SFA to stop the boos. They kept going and going and going, even when it was highlighted as a major issue. That's what has happened in real life.

Your hypothesis deserves the same response I gave the original post. It's bullsh*t. Businesses do what they want and employee people who can do the job. Foreign workers are popular (in case you missed all the reports about exploitation of international students, or use of 457s, etc).

Your hypothesis is also bullsh*t about Goodes. Booing began after he called out the girl for calling him an ape. And as you saw and heard, outcry did SFA to stop the boos. They kept going and going and going, even when it was highlighted as a major issue. That's what has happened in real life.

Was booing him before the girl - actually the event with the girl made me think about backing off. Was a common thing amongst hawks to boo goodes.

Was booing him before the girl - actually the event with the girl made me think about backing off. Was a common thing amongst hawks to boo goodes.
Whatever sporadic, isolated booing there was in the years beforehand (most players would get something), I think you're being deliberately disingenuous in trying to equate that to the wider booing Goodes got, which we all know was different.

There was no prolonged booing in the 2012 Grand Final, which the Swans won v Hawks (sorry). And the next game the next year between Hawks Swans there was no prolonged booing despite plenty of justification - a couple of high fend offs from Goodes and a potential report for a trip. There was plenty of booing about umpires at the end of the game, and some of that would've been directed at AG, but not the prolonged booing that happened later following the right-wing campaign to make it sound like Goodes had targeted a young girl, rather than the actual situation where he just pointed out the abuse and later said the girl shouldn't be blamed. A Hawks fan even went to the trouble of posting on the Swans board about what a shame the situation was with the girl in 2013. Even then, it didn't coelesce into an issue until Goodes became Australian Of The Year and further annoyed the people who had focussed on him after the situation with the girl and gave them a bit more ammunition for their smear campaign with the 'Invasion Day' reference. Even though his speech was about how he had changed his mind on Australia Day over the previous 5 yeats. Of course it was an invasion, as anyone with knowledge of the English language should know, but the campaigners framed him as being anti-whites and their campaign grew.

There have always been dirty players, yet only one got that prolonged booing. "Political correctness" isn't related as it went on for months before it became a big media story. But of course people will say they then decided to boo to fight "political correctness". Even though the AFL was very slow to intervene. What they really mean is they booed because he won Australian Of The Year. He obviously deserved to win, as a leader of First Australians who was actively putting back in, but they would say he only won due to "political correctness". It just gets used as a blanket description for things right-wingers don't like (even though they claim that they really care, and so in theory they should be highly supportive of an indigenous leader showing how to get on in life).

This is getting pretty off-topic. We wouldn't want to offend our Greek friends on here. ;)

LOL Rat's are you still offended over someone's opinion that differs to yours that you still keep talking s**t after so much time has elapsed? Wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back