AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, Green Bay
Green Bay Packers

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 6:38 a.m. EDT, October 13, 2004

PACK FLOODED WITH SHERMAN COMPLAINTS

Green Bay Packers president Bob Harlan spoke on Tuesday with at least 20 angry fans who want to see G.M./coach Mike Sherman ousted ASAFP in the wake of the team's 48-27 loss to the Titans at Lambeau Field on Monday night.

According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Harlan told the fans (and reporters) on Tuesday that no decisions will be made about Sherman's status until after the season ends.

“We’re not going to panic,” Harlan said. “We’re going to evaluate the season as a whole. Once the season is concluded, we’ll make a decision, and whatever that decision is, it will be the best thing for the Green Bay Packers’ future.”

Frankly, it makes sense for the Pack not to lapse into panic mode just yet. If they can find a way to knock off the Lions on Sunday at Detroit, the Pack then will face the struggling Cowboys and Redskins before hitting the bye week. It's possible, then, that the Packers could go into their one-week respite at .500.

With all that said, the Packers need to shore up their defense quickly. With the Titans (who previously hadn't scored more than 17 points this year) hanging 48 on the Pack on Monday night, our guess is that there's something showing up in film review that enabled Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher to exploit the Green Bay defense even more than it has been exploited.

My packers are imploding

Jul 9, 2003
Bannockburn
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys,Notre Dame
Re: Green Bay Packers

The packers have some real problems. Their defence is terrible against the run and their corners struggle in man coverage. They used a first round pick on ahmad carroll who is a 5'9 corner, he will struggle to compete with the big athletic WR's in the league.

On offense Favre is coming towards the end. Ahman Greeen seems to be playing with a bar of soap instead of a football and apart from a few decent games from donald driver their recievers (fergusen, ford etc) haven't come on like GB would have liked. They will need a few years to rebuild and re-load.

Oct 12, 2003
Drowning my sorrows on the end of some bar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, Green Bay

marcuz said:
The packers have some real problems. Their defence is terrible against the run and their corners struggle in man coverage. They used a first round pick on ahmad carroll who is a 5'9 corner, he will struggle to compete with the big athletic WR's in the league.

On offense Favre is coming towards the end. Ahman Greeen seems to be playing with a bar of soap instead of a football and apart from a few decent games from donald driver their recievers (fergusen, ford etc) haven't come on like GB would have liked. They will need a few years to rebuild and re-load.

I think u may be right. i was hoping we could take it too the next level. I think we could have won the superbowl last year if not for 4th and 26 play. I think with a high pick next year a QB will be taken. I thought we would be better than this but i was wrong

greenamber.jpg

I guess they found them. :)

Stealth bomber

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2000
Denver, Colorado
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, STL Cards, PHI Flyers

Defense is injury riddled for sure, and it wasn't even that good of one to begin with. Terrible secondary, probably one of the three worst in the NFL.

Lambeau mystique is gone too; both wins were on the road.

Favre is inconsistent, the receiving corps is very ordinary, and Ahman Green still struggles to hang on to the football.

But above all, I don't think the Packers are very well coached either. Sherman is an average coach and his offensive coordinator (Tom Rosley) is probably the most disliked man in Brown county.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Re: Farve to Retire

He's had a very tough time with his family. I believe recently his father passed away and so did his brother in law. Been a fantastic QB though.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pack Attack!!!

Sorry guys im not jumping on the Bandwagon here i have been following the team since Madden95 :D , its just i havent been on BF for ages and never noticed the NFL board.

Anyway i thought id give use all something to think about!!!

With the Packers Defense coming along very very nicely at the right time of the season (27 points in 2 matches) and our Offense almost unstopable are the PACK a chance if keeping there run going to challenge the Ravens and Patriots at the right time of the year.

Sharper is controlling things at SS and the CB are more settles with Mckenzie gone, Harris is stable and Caroll although small is quick and has great coverage. Barnett is a rock at OLB and the likes of Kabeer and Hunt have been domination Offesnive lines for weeks now. I would just like to see someone like Tampas Dwight Smith team up with Sharper at FS thats where we lack i think.

Points on the board have never been a problem, hell we can score and score on the run without Green if need be. Walker,Driver and Ferguson are almost the deadliest group of WR in the league and big Bubba is one of the top 5 TE in the league. We have great blockers in Clifton,Rivera and Tauscher (whos gonna get past them 3????) who give Green passages he wouldnt get at other clubs.

Our Major weakness i think is with Navies who is shabby at best, Marc Roman who is still young and learning the ropes i would probably have a heart attack seeing a long ball thrown with say a Mcardal or Moss in Romans area and Sander who is the leaques worst punter at the moment, i would be able to give the ball better direction than that guy.

Overall i think the last 5 games are all winnable for the club with games againts the Bears and Lions almost shoe ins, our recored should be at least 11-5 and at worst 10-6. Hopefully we go straight into the conference finals and play the Bucs Vikings who i think we can handle.

Packers/Patriots Super bowl boys, wouldnt it be pretty :) :D .

cheers

Stealth bomber

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2000
Denver, Colorado
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, STL Cards, PHI Flyers
Re: Pack Attack!!!

I can't believe the Packers are even in contention for a playoff spot after what I saw earlier this season with my own eyes.

While I was visiting the folks in September, I went to Lambeau and watched them lose to the Bears. The BEARS. Then I saw them get whipped, at home, by the Giants and then they got PlayStationed by the Titans, again at home. It was like the 80s again.

When I left the States to come back here, they were sitting in the North division cellar at 1-4. What the hell changed?

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens

Stealth bomber said:
What the hell changed?
Everyone else in the NFC saw Philadelphia, wised up and started playing for draft picks ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

coasting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardies

Its a poor reflection on the NFC that teams with losing records are still in contention for a playoff spot.

The main difference between the packers of weeks 2-5 and the packers of the last 5 weeks is the return of tackle Grady Jackson. He has been able to stop the running holes which was plagueing us earlier in the season. Opposition now have to worry about our run D.
Still, there are problems with the packers. IMO Davenport should be the number 1 RB. (never seen him fumbleas often as Green). A good passing team will burn our secondary(Rams threw for 400+ yards). And a lot of luck has been used in getting back to the top of the NFC North(Longwell twice- great call in deadskins game)
Whilst they may be in the top 3 in the NFC, there would be 5 or 6 better in the AFC.

PtLincolnpower

Debutant
Mar 4, 2004
Reno Nv
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Power, Port Magpies

Porthos said:
Everyone else in the NFC saw Philadelphia, wised up and started playing for draft picks ;)

dont get ahead of yourself

u will fail at the final hurdle again

but i cant see my Black and Sliver doing anything this year

I hope the charges do well

"deadliest group of WR in the league " - LMFAO

Wouldn't have anything to with QB would it???

Favre is still the most important person in GB.

GB have had a pretty soft schedule this year. Losses to Chicago and the Giants early were the main reason for the angst. Both teams defences were playing well when they came up against GB.

Their last six opponents are hardly contenders, and the Vikings probably the one team capable or worthy of a play-off spot. Longwell's kicking too has been a factor.

But I guess we'll see this week what GB's superbowl chances are. :rolleyes:

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens

Good thing we have more than two players then, hey.

JeffDunne said:
But I guess we'll see this week what GB's superbowl chances are. :rolleyes:
:D

Not even half time and the fat lady's not only sung, she's gone home.

Invoke the mercy rule and just make the Eagles the NFC Champ's. The NFC have been embarrassed enough this year. If the only decent team doesn't make it to the superbowl it will be ugly.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I will officialy eat my words, it is Half time or close to it and Mcnabb and co have the Eagles 35-0 up.

Carrol seems out of his depth and the loss Mckenzie is really showing up in this game. Once again we look soft at FS someone like Dwight Smith would work wounders for our defence.

Brett Favre looks tired and Bubba isnt running routes like he has in previous weeks.

Our defence is a disgrace at the moment and i would seriously be scared to see us face the Vikings let alone a squad with the power of New England.

cheers

Portia

#DrewBlood
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens

Considering the Vikings just fell to the Bears, you shouldn't be too worried at that prospect.

What fine form those Eagles are in!

Was looking forward to this game as I thought it might be one of the seasons best.

Even though I thought the Packers D was suspect, I thought the offense would control the ball better than they have. It just goes to show it doesn't matter who the QB is, if your offensive line crumbles, you are shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back