Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
In every girl's wet dream ℠
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
St.George
Wow, sir...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers' release of WR Jake Kumerow was the "death knell" in the team's relationship with Aaron Rodgers.
The organization's decision to cut Kumerow just 24 hours after Rodgers publically praised him was reportedly the last straw of a disagreement that begun bubbling the moment QB Jordan Love was drafted. The 37-year-old has a "5% chance" of returning as the team's starter next year, per ESPN's Rob Demovsky, and appears to already have one foot out the door — whether it's for Jeopardy or another team is to be determined. It's a storyline that needs to be monitored since any franchise would become an immediate threat for Super Bowl LVI the moment it lands him.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
May 3, 2021, 1:38 PM ET

A11dAtP0w3R

Enjoying my teams losses more than I should 😙
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
As much as I want 12 to stay, can't give in and fire the GM (if that is actually true and what Rodgers wants). Would surely set a terrible precedent.
I agree, sucks, between a rock and a hard place.

You drafted Love to be the successor, for franchise harmony it might just be time to move on from Rodgers.

A11dAtP0w3R

Enjoying my teams losses more than I should 😙
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
Timing is terrible just after the draft, but at least he's coming off an MVP season and not a flop. Should still get a nice package in return, few teams out there that would still be very interested imo besides the teams Rodgers named. No need to do him favours now and trade him to his preferred destinations.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
AJ Hawk on Pat McAfee show settled a lot of mistruths. 0% chance he retires, he isn't saying "it's me or Gutey" and the drafting of Jordan Love has nothing to do with his decision. It sounds like it has just been a number of things that have built up over the years.

Unfortunately I'm starting to come to the realisation he might be gone which will be a super hard pill to swallow because ultimately it means we go from super bowl contender to a 5-7 win team.

Remove this Banner Ad