Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

I know i'm being negative, but getting nothing back (bar 34) is poor trading.
Its a little critical, they went and got the WR they wanted.

Getting a 5th or 6th back in the grand scheme of things is probably mute. Im surprised the Vikings allowed it to happen

Its a little critical, they went and got the WR they wanted.

Getting a 5th or 6th back in the grand scheme of things is probably mute. Im surprised the Vikings allowed it to happen

That day 3 pick probably turns into a Pro Bowl OL for us though...:)

Enagbare, Doubs and Tom have been my favourite Packers picks in a long time.

Hated Day 1, Loved days 2 + 3.

Packers third-round OT Sean Rhyan said he is willing to play guard as a rookie.​

The Packers' official website believes Rhyan will be a candidate to start at right tackle or either guard spot depending on how things shake out with Elgton Jenkins' ACL rehab. A three-year starter at UCLA, Rhyan (6’5/320) showed improvement each year, allowing only 24 pressures over his final two seasons. Although inconsistent, Rhyan is a capable athlete who understands how to use his size and length to his advantage. Where he struggles is with keeping his base consistent. He also has a difficult time recovering. That is why he finds himself between guard and tackle. As the Packers have already said, though, that versatility along with three years of starting left tackle experience are valuable assets, especially as a day-two pick.

Congrats guys. Not only do we have virtually 3 first rounders joining our team in combination with the return of All-Pros in David Bakhtiari, Jaire Alexander, Pro Bowler Robert Tonyan, future All-Pro Elgton Jenkins and dynamic and underrated special teamer Kylin Hill, we have a great schedule that at worst has us looking at 15-2 at the end of the season.

Will we be able to manage the one seed a little better this time around? Hoping for a little more injury luck this season.

Congrats guys. Not only do we have virtually 3 first rounders joining our team in combination with the return of All-Pros in David Bakhtiari, Jaire Alexander, Pro Bowler Robert Tonyan, future All-Pro Elgton Jenkins and dynamic and underrated special teamer Kylin Hill, we have a great schedule that at worst has us looking at 15-2 at the end of the season.

Will we be able to manage the one seed a little better this time around? Hoping for a little more injury luck this season.

Lol I’d much rather not have the 1 seed. Too much pressure on a team that obviously doesn’t play well under pressure

Also 15-2 ? Serious. Buccaneers + rams + bills. Then throw in titans, @ eagles + New England. I mean I’m happy with the schedule but we ain’t going 15-2

Am excited to see the defense though

Lol I’d much rather not have the 1 seed. Too much pressure on a team that obviously doesn’t play well under pressure

Also 15-2 ? Serious. Buccaneers + rams + bills. Then throw in titans, @ eagles + New England. I mean I’m happy with the schedule but we ain’t going 15-2

Tampa and the Rams have only gotten worse over the off-season. 15-2 is a bit of a joke but we'll win like 13 plus games if everything goes normally. If we have the same offense as last year, the defense improves and the ST unit goes from 32 ranked to say 16th ranked, that's a much better team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly i think its the lion-hearted thing like Wilson

Still not as cringe as Russ.

Rodgers doesn't post vids on Insta of him studying film with his feet up on a desk talking to Peyton Manning.

Packers placed WR Christian Watson on the active/PUP list.​

We're unsure what type of injury or issue Watson is dealing with, but hopefully it's a short stay on the PUP list for the second-round rookie. He can be activated at any time. Watson is being counted on to produce in year one with the Packers desperate for playmakers out wide following the loss of Davante Adams.

Packers placed TE Robert Tonyan (knee) on the active/PUP list.​

Tonyan suffered a torn ACL last Week 8 and is still rehabbing the injury. It remains to be seen if he'll get the green light in time for Week 1. If Tonyan is forced to miss time in the regular season, veteran Marcedes Lewis and Josiah Deguara would fill the snaps at tight end for the Packers.

Packers placed LT David Bakhtiari (knee) on active/PUP list.​

Bakhtiari played in one game last season after recovering from a devastating knee injury that he suffered in Week 16 of the 2020 season. Despite Bakhtiari sitting out team OTAs and minicamp for precautionary reasons, head coach Matt LaFleur was hopeful that he would be ready for the start of training camp. While Bakhtiari may be close to a return, it appears unlikely he'll be on the field when veterans report on July 26th.

At this stage not too concerned about Watson or Tonyan but Bakh is a becoming a big issue for us with his contract.

It's hard to say right now, because the PUP label could be pretty innocent and they might just want to tick off a few things before they let him go flat out for camp, but I'm getting to the stage where I actually don't think he'll play another game for the Packers.

It's hard to say right now, because the PUP label could be pretty innocent and they might just want to tick off a few things before they let him go flat out for camp, but I'm getting to the stage where I actually don't think he'll play another game for the Packers.
I'm hoping so as well, I think that if it comes round to cuts and he hasn't been added he won't be getting back on the field for a while.

I know the injury was worse than what was initially reported and he's had multiple set backs already. So disappointing as he's a top 3 tackle and a beast when playing.

ESPN's Rob Demovsky reports the Packers extended head coach Matt LaFleur and GM Brian Gutekunst.​

Russ Ball, the team's executive vice president and director of football, was also extended. Deals for executives and coaches aren't subject to cap implications, so they don't receive the same coverage as player contracts. With Arizona's Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsbury getting extended through 2027 earlier this year, we can expect something similar for the Packers' brass. LaFleur joined the team three years ago and has never won fewer than 13 games. The Packers have made the NFC Championship twice since he arrived. Directly from Demovsky, "It would be bigger news if the Packers didn't extend them this offseason."
RELATED:
SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
Jul 25, 2022, 4:47 PM ET

I'm hoping so as well, I think that if it comes round to cuts and he hasn't been added he won't be getting back on the field for a while.

I know the injury was worse than what was initially reported and he's had multiple set backs already. So disappointing as he's a top 3 tackle and a beast when playing.

Saw it was reported today that he had a setback recently. I wonder what the * the set back was? I don't know too much about the injury apart from what we've read but the ACL is obviously healed, and last year the problem was the fluid was building up in his knee. So I wonder how you can have a set back on that. Interesting anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back