Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Pack Attack!!!

Porthos said:
What fine form those Eagles are in!

Form in the regular season has never been their problem....Starting to get nervous Porthos with the playoffs approaching? ;)

Look out for the Panthers in the NFC to come with a rush. They may be the best team after philly in the NFC. If they can get some guys healthy and their D keeps making plays then they are a threat IMO.

Re: Once Bitten, Twice Shy

marcuz said:
Form in the regular season has never been their problem....Starting to get nervous Porthos with the playoffs approaching? ;)

Look out for the Panthers in the NFC to come with a rush. They may be the best team after philly in the NFC. If they can get some guys healthy and their D keeps making plays then they are a threat IMO.

Yup, it's Philly weakness to beat themselves by allowing other teams like the Black Cats to walk accross thier path and pounce on the Eagles errors. Once bitten, twice shy. ;)

Re: Steelers flex AFC muscle

JeffDunne said:
Bit nervous today Woodson? The boys are looking good. $$$$ :D

Nah, just the last MINUTE actually, when they got the GO-ahead FG. Couldn't understand why THE BUS didn't get more running plays come the last quarter when he can easily barrel over the tired D. Those ex-Steelers for the Jags (WR Edwards, RB Fuamatu-Ma'afala, LB Gildon, DB Washington) really lifted an extra cog to provide stiff competition. Quality Win for the Steelers although Jags pushed us to the limit. Ben Roethlisberger was amazing throughout with a game rating of 158 (almost perfect) First chance of seeing him in a full game. :) my Terrible Towel arrived just in time (last friday) to come up TRUMPS for those crucial missed FG's !! ;)

I think You'reNOT Me really wanted the Steelers to win (his Bills are still in the hunt!!)

Re: Steelers flex AFC muscle

I was positive the Jags were going to hang in for the win there for a while, but they rushed up for that field goal too quickly. Argh.

Fred Taylor continues to be a menace to fantasy footy players. This is a good week, will he crumble again next week?

Im still not sold on the Eagles, we all know about there Defence they have great corners and we all know about Mcnabb but come playoffs will they stand up?? problem with the Eagles is that there not widely known as a power on the NFL they havent got that winning culture, that prestige that the Patriots,Steelers,Packers and in recent times Falcons and Colts.

I still like the Packers in the NFC, you might laugh about it but what better safety to have come playoffs than Sharper and what better veteran to have than Favre?? i know the packers have major flaws especially at FS and our corners struggle againts bigger WRs but i think our offence is in the top 3 in the NFL and in a shoot out theres none better than Favre.

If the Pack can somehow slow down opposition offence then we are a chance, our corners are young Carrol,Thomas and Hawthorne and they are still learning, hopefully Harris can show some leadership and point us in the right direction.

i dont think we will lose another game for the season or at least i hope not so im hoping we finish at 12-5 at worst 11-5 which should put us straight into the conferance finals probably againts the Buccs or Vikings.

We might not have the dream team but we have the dream run to the super bowl if we play our cards right.

cheers

tige19 said:
Im still not sold on the Eagles, we all know about there Defence they have great corners and we all know about Mcnabb but come playoffs will they stand up?? problem with the Eagles is that there not widely known as a power on the NFL they havent got that winning culture, that prestige that the Patriots,Steelers,Packers and in recent times Falcons and Colts.

Not widely known as a power in the NFL? :rolleyes:

After being down 13-0 at Half time the packers got the win with a last second 23 yrd field goal by Ryan Longwell.

Packers win 16-13 and go a game clear in there conference. Oh another heart tester in shocking conditions at Green Bay but happy we got the win.

8-5 now boys haha :D .

cheers

tige19 said:
After being down 13-0 at Half time the packers got the win with a last second 23 yrd field goal by Ryan Longwell.

Packers win 16-13 and go a game clear in there conference. Oh another heart tester in shocking conditions at Green Bay but happy we got the win.

8-5 now boys haha :D .

cheers

packers played like poo, we should have thumped the lions

crazy_big_al said:
packers played like poo, we should have thumped the lions
On the flipside, the Vikings dropped another crucial game (at home!!) but it means nothing until the Vikes and Pack meet in Wk 16 on a Friday night at the Metrodome. Pack have a tough one next week vs Jax.

Woodson said:
On the flipside, the Vikings dropped another crucial game (at home!!) but it means nothing until the Vikes and Pack meet in Wk 16 on a Friday night at the Metrodome. Pack have a tough one next week vs Jax.

yes it will be interesting, i think. I know Brett has to play better. He did have a rookie centre thou

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May have tough games to come but if we finish level with the vikings, we, for a change, will have the tiebreaker over them. We have the better conferennce record.

Would you believe it, Favre has been dominating tonight against the Jags and just when we are about to take a 24-21 lead in the third Favre throws a interception at the 2 yrd line. Favre threw the pass to Bubba in the End zone and serial pest Mathis intercepted.

Apparantley its the coldest day all season for football in Green Bay this year. Brett Favre is 19 and 1 in weather 40 degress or under very amazing. Its 21-17 Jags have it on about the 50 after Favre once again couldnt pull through with the goods.

Bye the way cheerio to all the Falcons fans, what a win.

cheers

tige19 said:
Apparantley its the coldest day all season for football in Green Bay this year. Brett Favre is 19 and 1 in weather 40 degress or under very amazing.
cheers

Jaguars 4th and 1 on the GB 1 and GOING FOR IT !!!

Enter Greg Jones (#33) and KAPOW !! TOUCHDOWN Jags lead 28-17... with 9.49 to go. :) Cheerio to Balmain and all those Pancake fans out there. ;)

tige19 said:
Would you believe it, Favre has been dominating tonight against the Jags and just when we are about to take a 24-21 lead in the third Favre throws a interception at the 2 yrd line. Favre threw the pass to Bubba in the End zone and serial pest Mathis intercepted.

He's backkkkk !!! Mathis intercepts Favre AGAIN !!! :p

Its a shame Leftwich bunged his wrist or the Packers would really be feeling the pain.

Jax win 28-25!! As I am not totally up to speed with the whole NFL Playoff formula, does this mean that Atlanta has stitched up the first round bye??

Also, could someone please explain the Playoff formula, and how it works with Wilcards etc! Cheers!

Imagine this boys, if Green Bay didnt have Darren Sharper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets just sitback for 5 minutes and consider the possibility that he was to go down in the last 2 games. How many points would the Vikings or Eagles put on us, just sit back and think about it......................................................

Our defence is a bloody joke and our special teams are by far the worst in the league. Carrol is to good but his not big enough to cover strong WRs he gets beaten in the air far to much. 1 thing that is annoying is the inability of our secondarys to shut down the run, Taylor rushed for 165 yards and 1 td that is not acceptable.

I would also like to see Favre and offensive team use Robert Ferguson more, the guy is big,strong and has great speed, instead we prefer to use Chatman who is a little pip squeak who fumbles more balls than Jade Rawlings misses shots at goal in a game.

The Packers are frustrating me arrhhhh.

No SHARPER no Pack final !!!!!

Re: Play-off formula

Dasher39 said:
Also, could someone please explain the Playoff formula, and how it works with Wilcards etc! Cheers!

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

have fun working it out... I think you can say the Jets are almost there. Hope they can clinch NEXT week ;)

capt.wimg10412200112.jaguars_packers_wimg104.jpg

Now that's a Pack attack!!! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back