Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Never saw that one coming... and neither did Masthay!

Once they cut Mortell I figured that was it and we'd have to put up with another year of shanked punts at key moments. Here's hoping Schum can get it done.

Good training video of him on you tube as well, just search for his name and "hang time".

Never saw that one coming... and neither did Masthay!

Once they cut Mortell I figured that was it and we'd have to put up with another year of shanked punts at key moments. Here's hoping Schum can get it done.

Good training video of him on you tube as well, just search for his name and "hang time".

We downgraded. Masthay had better Net yd and hang time then Schum lastseason. and Masthay was not good last year.

We Should of kept Mortell, he was doing good and costs almost nothing in the cap.

We downgraded. Masthay had better Net yd and hang time then Schum lastseason. and Masthay was not good last year.

We Should of kept Mortell, he was doing good and costs almost nothing in the cap.

Player-----AVG---NET----IN20---TB---Punts
Masthay: 43.9----40.2----15----6----81
Schum: 41.9----38.0----18----4----56

Player-----%In20
Masthay: 18.51
Schum: 32.1

Pretty even really. I've also read that Schum has a greater hang time so who knows?

Player-----AVG---NET----IN20---TB---Punts
Masthay: 43.9----40.2----15----6----81
Schum: 41.9----38.0----18----4----56

Player-----%In20
Masthay: 18.51
Schum: 32.1

Pretty even really. I've also read that Schum has a greater hang time so who knows?

I would of kept Mortell, in the games he seemed to do better then Masthay. but it was practice that did him in by reports.

I just hope it doesnt blowup in Ted Thompsons face and have an even worse year at the punter position.

I would of kept Mortell, in the games he seemed to do better then Masthay. but it was practice that did him in by reports.

I just hope it doesnt blowup in Ted Thompsons face and have an even worse year at the punter position.
I'm actually more worried about Crosby, there's not a heap of time for him to practice with Schum.

I'm actually more worried about Crosby, there's not a heap of time for him to practice with Schum.

Was thinking the same.

However, Crosby's a pro, at that level he should be able to adapt.

It really pissed me off during training camp when Masthay's holding role kept getting trotted out as a reason to keep him over Mortell.

I'm guessing the defence rate field position as more of a priority :p

Mortell had a bad punt vs SF that cost us also which may have been a factor.

Don't forget $$$, cutting Masthay just freed up about $1 million in cap space compared to Schum

We also dont have a Long Snapper on the roster right now.

Cutting Sitton i dont get, if it was money why not restructure. and i dont think Barclay anywhere close to the talent of Sitton. Unless they are expecting Murphy or Sprigs to step up late in the season and start.

He was out of contract at the end of season, but surely you keep him around for this season and let him walk. He wasn't being overpaid this season by any means...

By far the best player to get cut today. Its going to hurt us this season in both Pass and Run game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitton is a top 5 guard. I'm shocked, we had the best interior O-line of any side. I'm so confused at what's going on.

Ted Thompson had better have something in mind to fix things. Gets rid of 2 punters and now our best Guard [Ohh and our best Center is injured and going to miss the first few weeks] and we have no Long Snapper we lost 2 from injury and cut the only LS on the roster today.

Ted Thompson had better have something in mind to fix things. Gets rid of 2 punters and now our best Guard [Ohh and our best Center is injured and going to miss the first few weeks] and we have no Long Snapper we lost 2 from injury and cut the only LS on the roster today.
Such strange moves.

Although I think Tretter isn't a downgrade from Linsley they are just different players.

Such strange moves.

Although I think Tretter isn't a downgrade from Linsley they are just different players.

They are both good, but Linsley is better. Is TT expecting to play them both and move one to LG in a few weeks?

One thing we need is a LS, the punter we just picked up cant practice with out one. so any punts of FGs are worrying this week.

They are both good, but Linsley is better. Is TT expecting to play them both and move one to LG in a few weeks?

One thing we need is a LS, the punter we just picked up cant practice with out one. so any punts of FGs are worrying this week.
Well Linsley is out for 6 weeks. I don't want Taylor anywhere near the LG spot and without Sitton I think Bahk's job just became a lot harder, so I see us doing this Bahk-Lang-Tretter-Bulaga-Spriggs

Unless they think one of the back-ups can LS?

Well Linsley is out for 6 weeks. I don't want Taylor anywhere near the LG spot and without Sitton I think Bahk's job just became a lot harder, so I see us doing this Bahk-Lang-Tretter-Bulaga-Spriggs

Unless they think one of the back-ups can LS?

Just saw on ESPN.com that we are bring back Brett Goode. i dont know why we cut him before the draft. so thats some good news.

I dont know who i want at RT i dont like Bahk without help he has given up too many sacks. Murphy played some Tackle in the preseason but i dont think he is ready yet. and a rookie on the blindside makes me worried about Rodgers health.

Just saw on ESPN.com that we are bring back Brett Goode. i dont know why we cut him before the draft. so thats some good news.

I dont know who i want at RT i dont like Bahk without help he has given up too many sacks. Murphy played some Tackle in the preseason but i dont think he is ready yet. and a rookie on the blindside makes me worried about Rodgers health.
Goode had an ACL from memory last season so he must be healthy now. Still strange although Goode is a good LS and I can't remember any botched snaps from him.

Yeah Bahk is an above average guy at best, with Sitton next to him it covered up a lot of his flaws. I guess we will found out during the week what's going to happen. Maybe they flip Bulaga and Bahk?

Goode had an ACL from memory last season so he must be healthy now. Still strange although Goode is a good LS and I can't remember any botched snaps from him.

Yeah Bahk is an above average guy at best, with Sitton next to him it covered up a lot of his flaws. I guess we will found out during the week what's going to happen. Maybe they flip Bulaga and Bahk?

If you flip Bahk to LG then the whole leftside is going to give up huge sack numbers. Flipping the Guards might work.

Well atleast our inside is still good. if only we played 9v9 drills

From what I've read, he may have been a little unhappy because we were focussing on extensions for Bakh, Lacy, Lang...

I don't think he was part of our plans post-this season, but I still think we should keep him as long as we can..
I expected us to not offer him a contract at the end of this season. His back is pretty stuffed and Lang is younger.

Well apart from the Sitton release here are some other things that surprised me.

1. Callahan making the roster, I had him pegged for the PS and us only taking 2 QBs for the year.
2. That we are carrying 7 WRs.
3. Barrington released.
4. Dorleant making the roster over Daniel (CB).
5. Having 6 safeties, making for 12 DBs in total.
6. 6 UDFAs made the roster this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back