Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Geeze that was sweet.

Also I know I bang on about McCarthy not being a good HC but **** me if he hasn't done a complete 180 and has got this team back on track. 7 wins on the trot, 8th consecutive playoff appearance. He deserves a hell of a lot of credit. More than what I give him.

McCarthy did good this season, so did Capers. I dont think our slump was coaching it was more just players missing and adjusting to new players in key spots.

I know he will still cop it for the 4th down play. it was a bad call if it was a boot it was an easy first down. There are 2 things McCarthy struggles with 3rd/4th and inches near mid field and taking TO's to get the ball back before the half seems to backfire a bit. Well he was 1 for 2 today with them. Called a great 2nd half other the the 4th down play.

To of even got the young players ready to make the playoffs is a big achievement for our coaching staff this season from where we were mid-season when we had less then a 10% chance to make the playoffs.

C1rxb13UUAEEjKJ.jpg

McCarthy did good this season, so did Capers. I dont think our slump was coaching it was more just players missing and adjusting to new players in key spots.

I know he will still cop it for the 4th down play. it was a bad call if it was a boot it was an easy first down. There are 2 things McCarthy struggles with 3rd/4th and inches near mid field and taking TO's to get the ball back before the half seems to backfire a bit. Well he was 1 for 2 today with them. Called a great 2nd half other the the 4th down play.

To of even got the young players ready to make the playoffs is a big achievement for our coaching staff this season from where we were mid-season when we had less then a 10% chance to make the playoffs.
Totally agree, the amount of players we lost on defence was just too much to cover at once.

I liked him going for it on 4th down. Didn't like the call though, our right is a better run blocking side. But don't forget one 4th down we normally throw to Nelson who was missing. I can't blame the TO thing on him though, he's doing the right thing it's just the defence failing to get a stop.

When you think about it we've been in playoff mode for 7 weeks now, as every game has been a knockout one for us.

Looks like Beckham was in a Giant fit of rage...

How come no one's talking about Clay's amazing strip on Eli Manning!

My girlfriend and I lost it when Perkins was casually reaching down for the ball "just in case" only to get steamrolled by Matthews on a mission.

Beckham = spoilt manchild. Enjoy your offseason in Miami, buddy!

That was a sweet, sweet win. Rodgers was like an eel before that TD to Davante, Cobb in the slot proved he's worth every penny they are paying him, defence saved our arse early then continued to deliver.

Really loved what we saw of Michael as well - gotta get him more of the ball (especially after Monty was twisted like a pretzel).

Only head scratcher was the 4th down call that turned it over on downs. WTF was that? In that position, at that stage of the game (especially with the momentum), that's a punt everytime I reckon.

Here's hoping Jordy and Martinez bounce back for next week.

Time to wreak havoc at Dallas!

My girlfriend and I lost it when Perkins was casually reaching down for the ball "just in case" only to get steamrolled by Matthews on a mission.

Beckham = spoilt manchild. Enjoy your offseason in Miami, buddy!

That was a sweet, sweet win. Rodgers was like an eel before that TD to Davante, Cobb in the slot proved he's worth every penny they are paying him, defence saved our arse early then continued to deliver.

Really loved what we saw of Michael as well - gotta get him more of the ball (especially after Monty was twisted like a pretzel).

Only head scratcher was the 4th down call that turned it over on downs. WTF was that? In that position, at that stage of the game (especially with the momentum), that's a punt everytime I reckon.

Here's hoping Jordy and Martinez bounce back for next week.

Time to wreak havoc at Dallas!

Yeah I'm a 2nd Year Packer fan and watching Green Bay win like this makes me feel like I've been with them my whole life! Montgomery never failed to impress me throughout the season but today it was Micheal ... WOW.

Now, the 4th & Inches play... I was a bit mixed on this one. It was a terrible play for starters, I mean sure go for a run but I have no idea why Rodgers tossed the ball back so far when he knew how good the NYG run defence is. Personally I would've gone with a Slant play to ensure the 1st down or even better, a Punt.

Yes let's pray that Jordy and Martinez can play against the Cowboys. Not much info has been said about Jordy but I'm sure Martinez will be fine for next weeks game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if this has ever been noticed before but it's quite scary looking at the history of the Green Bay Packers and Collingwood Magpies...

coll vs gb copy.png

What do you guys think? Is it purely coincidence or is it something more?

I'm not sure if this has ever been noticed before but it's quite scary looking at the history of the Green Bay Packers and Collingwood Magpies...

View attachment 326523

What do you guys think? Is it purely coincidence or is it something more?
Between AFL crowds and NFL crowds, 'concession' carries an entirely different meaning.

Nothing unexpected. good to see Cobb and Martinez full practice. Rollins limited is a good sign, but Rollins is still in concussion protocol.

Starks is also still in concussion protocol after his car crash last month and still not making any progress, looks like he has played his last snap for the Packers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back