Rainier Wolfcastle

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2006
Montreal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
Those 2 passes in the 4th from Hundley to Adams are a thing of beauty. Hopefully he continues to play well for the rest of the season and drives up his currency.

Would be very happy to see him improve to the point of being sweet AFC trade bait at season's end.

Defence is still horrible, especially on 3rd and long. Against a half-decent team we'd have been lucky to get the win yesterday.

Personally, I see that as the ideal trade-off rest of this season... Hundley improves and gets us wins whilst the D continues to flounder and Capers is cut.

Long-term the worst thing would be for the D to rally and Capers survives again

Rainier Wolfcastle

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2006
Montreal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
Oh, and btw, Bennett had 3 catches for 38 yards for New England (27 yard catch and run on the first of them)... imagine what he could have done if his shoulder wasn't trashed beyond repair ;)

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well that's the season. My optimism for the playoffs was probably a bit blind I must admit.

Hopefully Clay re-structures but jeez we have some holes.
Will they change anything? Probably not..

Jordy has lost a step probably two. Need to sign Tae to big money obviously

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Well that's the season. My optimism for the playoffs was probably a bit blind I must admit.

Hopefully Clay re-structures but jeez we have some holes.
Will they change anything? Probably not..

Jordy has lost a step probably two. Need to sign Tae to big money obviously

The season was gone back when A-Rod went down.

The positive is we got some big-game time experience into Hundley, who will be ready the next time he is called upon.....It took him half a dozen games to find his feet.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
The Season was over with the home shutout to the Ravens. or even the loss to the Lions.

Saints game we were competitive for half because out D was playing good, then we fell apart. One of the big runs the saints had we were not lined up at the snap and only had 10 players.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I saw some talking about the Packers should hire Vic Fangio after the Bears fire him to replace Capers. I think it would be a good move. The bears have a bottom 5 offence but they have a good D for the lack of good players they have there.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I saw some talking about the Packers should hire Vic Fangio after the Bears fire him to replace Capers. I think it would be a good move. The bears have a bottom 5 offence but they have a good D for the lack of good players they have there.

Thoughts on our defence personnel wise?

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thoughts on our defence personnel wise?
need more at ILB Martinez has shown he belongs, but Ryan isnt good enough. Thomas is just a special teams player now.
Need a new OLB with Clay not being that good anymore. and havent seen enough playing time from Begel.

good at S with HaHa and Burnett. Jones has been given a heap of playing time, and is a hybrid CB/S like Hyde was.
CB needs depth. King showed a bit before being put on IR. played a few games hurt, Randall has responded well since the benching. most of the younger CB's dont get snaps. I dont know why, could be coaches dont trust them. But they should get snaps now the season is over just to see what we have.

DL is good Clark is still taking double teams and knocking them over, Daniels is also good. at DT we havent seen much of Adams so thats hard to judge. Lowery is a solid backup who can play when needed. had a few plays and the def TD against the Bucs.

But needs heading into the offseason/draft
ILB, CB, OLB, DT

I know im going to sound like a homer, but if Harrison Philips is still there in the 2nd/3rd round we should take him. He had the most tackles this year for Stanford and is a DT thats unheard of. DT's normally take the double teams so others can get the tackles. he was doing both.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
need more at ILB Martinez has shown he belongs, but Ryan isnt good enough. Thomas is just a special teams player now.
Need a new OLB with Clay not being that good anymore. and havent seen enough playing time from Begel.

good at S with HaHa and Burnett. Jones has been given a heap of playing time, and is a hybrid CB/S like Hyde was.
CB needs depth. King showed a bit before being put on IR. played a few games hurt, Randall has responded well since the benching. most of the younger CB's dont get snaps. I dont know why, could be coaches dont trust them. But they should get snaps now the season is over just to see what we have.

DL is good Clark is still taking double teams and knocking them over, Daniels is also good. at DT we havent seen much of Adams so thats hard to judge. Lowery is a solid backup who can play when needed. had a few plays and the def TD against the Bucs.

But needs heading into the offseason/draft
ILB, CB, OLB, DT

I know im going to sound like a homer, but if Harrison Philips is still there in the 2nd/3rd round we should take him. He had the most tackles this year for Stanford and is a DT thats unheard of. DT's normally take the double teams so others can get the tackles. he was doing both.

So you reckon take an ILB with pick 14? That's what I'd hope for

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
So you reckon take an ILB with pick 14? That's what I'd hope for
Depends on how the combine goes and what other teams are looking at. but i expect a LB. dont know if it will be inside or outside.

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
green bay, liverpool, parramatta
I just hope something changes, as I said in the other thread, I'd looooove to watch this team with a top 10 defence.

Was speaking to a mate about this couple days ago that we'd be a championship game lock with a top 10 defense.

Can't help but thinking if the pack don't win another Superbowl with rodgers at the helm it'll go down as one of the biggest wastes of a career ever. People will sugarcoat everything however they like and the front office will say the same politically correct BS. But if they dont try make some changes and see if a different program can keep the oline healthy or replace capers and use the draft to top up that D then we might aswell get rid of rodgers and get 10 first round picks lol

Sorry rant over

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
I might start working on my post season autopsy. and this time im not going to do just the players.

Not happy with the coaches mate?

There's one thing that's for certain....Hundley is no long-term replacement for A-Rod....That's for God-damned sure.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Not happy with the coaches mate?

There's one thing that's for certain....Hundley is no long-term replacement for A-Rod....That's for God-damned sure.
everyone should be unhappy with the coaches and staff. if you are not your not paying attention.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Autopsy Part 1

Dom Capers
I cant see him keeping his job. We have better players that our D is playing, but Capers scheme is just bad. He just keeps over complicating his playcalls. I dont know how many times the ball was snapped with the LB's and DB's having their backs to the ball this season. and they were not even with tempo/no huddle/sugar huddles, but with the play clock under 15 sec. It will be interesting to see who loses their jobs in the NFL that were HCs/DC that we can look at. I cant see it coming from College even though i would love to see someone like Derek Mason [Vanderbilt HC] given a shot. Even with the D not playing its best there were far too many times players were out of position or not knowing the play calls. And some of the promising rookies/backups from preseason were never given a chance in late the season to play and prove they can help the team.

Ted Thompson
We all know what kinda GM TT is. No big name FA's and build the team from the draft and UDFA's/practice squads. But its hard to give him another chance when he has had some big misses [But a great find with McCray this season]. And he has been out scouted by rival GM's most notably the Vikings. We have missed the chance to bring back Dorsey, and Lewis Riddick will go to the Giants with his pick of HC. the contract extension Schnider signed a few seasons ago removed the Packers clause [I dont know if we want him back anymore, Seattle have missed a bunch lately] Its time to see what we have in Elliot Wolf before someone takes him.

Mike McCarthy
This is the hardest one. I give him one more chance. He has been a good if not great HC over his time with the packers. but 1 missed Superbowl is on him, another is on Favre. He has been too stubborn, or just ignorant with his back up QB's. the fact he didnt want to keep 3 QB's on the roster with what Hill did in the preseason [I said around the roster cuts we wont be able to seek him on the the PS] I dont know if the lack of progress for Hundley is on Mike or if Hundley has reached his ceiling, but he is clearly not the answer at back up QB. The play calling was too basic this season, last year was far more creative even with Rodgers was healthy. He didnt give Montgomery the plays in the passing game that helped our O last season, He didnt use Adams as creative as he should. and needed to use the TE more even before Bennett quit on the team. use 2 TE sets and create miss matches.

I think the only reason McCarthy gets another chance is because i dont see any OC's that are better or good enough to take over the team. and with the early signing day in College its too late to look at them right now. but even the college offensive minded HCs i dont see any that i like enough who would be willing to move. but there are a few i would put feelers out for to look at interest for next time.

Im sure some of you know which players im going to be high on, and which ones have frustrated me this season. Its a mixed bag again.

Back