Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we will bring back Tremon Williams. He knows Pettine's scheme. House will come back for the slot. and i still think we will take Josh Jackson in the first since the best LB's will be gone before we pick.

Saftie market should pick up this week, I doubt we will bring Burnett back, we seem happy with Jones and Brice is coming off IR. Brice will play the dime that Burnett played last year.
Williams actually played pretty well last year from all reports. Would like a healthy House back, the one that the Jags got. The Packers' House seems to be injury prone.

Yeah Burnett isn't coming back, Brice and Jones are the future now with Ha-Ha becoming the general back there. Hopefully he plays better than last season though.

Williams actually played pretty well last year from all reports. Would like a healthy House back, the one that the Jags got. The Packers' House seems to be injury prone.

Yeah Burnett isn't coming back, Brice and Jones are the future now with Ha-Ha becoming the general back there. Hopefully he plays better than last season though.
Yeah Williams had a great year in Arizona IIRC. House played good in the 2nd half before the back injury.

Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reports Aaron Rodgers is both "frustrated" and "emotional" because he was not consulted before the Packers made some significant personnel decisions this offseason.

Robinson reports the specific moves which have Rodgers miffed are the decisions to cut ties with Jordy Nelson and QBs coach Alex Van Pelt. "Both of those decisions were made without him," a source told Robinson. "In both situations, he had no influence with [the front office] before anything went down." Rodgers made some noise about the Van Pelt decision when it happened, calling it "curious" and "interesting" before making it clear he was not consulted about the move. There clearly seems to be some friction between Rodgers and the front office, and that could prove troublesome as the two sides look to work out a mega-extension this summer. Rodgers has two more years left on his deal.

Source: Yahoo Sports

Not sure how I feel about our draft so far. While I do like the players we've drafted I dislike the double dip with the CBs and really wanted an edge rusher.
Exactly how I feel.

I hope these guys can cover for 10 seconds while we try and get someone relatively close to the QB to possibly get a hand up to block his vision 40yds downfield...

I know there wasn't really a premium pass rusher for the mid-late 1st round, but I feel we've potentially wasted another year of Rodgers career due to lack of QB pressure by the defense.

Maybe Pettine's D will be better for Matthews/Perry et al. Maybe the talented D-Line will alleviate some of the pressure also... But I don't want maybe's at this point of Rodgers' career.
Time will tell, but I'm definitely hoping we turn two 2019 1sts into a top Edge rusher, whether through another team or next years draft.

other than the lack of a rusher i thought we had a good draft.
If Mo can be productive again it will help.

I had hoped we would take a TE early today.

I hope the Saints have a s**t year, and they have a brutal 2nd half of the season.

I like Burks he should be a good ILB next to Martinez, and pushes Ryan to backup/ST

St Brown pick i like, Didnt think he would of been there that late.

Overall we've had a good draft I feel. Lack of an edge rusher worries me but we've got two 1st round picks next year in what is supposed to be a good pass rushing group. We really need Beigel and Odom to make massive leaps.

Clark, Daniels and a hopefully revitalized Wilkerson can cause damage though.

Definitely going to be interesting to see how the WR and QB positions end up by the end of pre-season.

I think Hundley is definitely gone, but will be interesting to see if they take 3 QBs into the regular season or if they can stash Boyle away on the PS or get burned again.

The emergence of Kumerow makes the WR room very crowded. Obviously Adams and Cobb aren't going anywhere but Alison, Yancey and Davis aren't guaranteed a spot from the returning guys with Kumerow, Moore, Valdes-Scantling and St Brown all showing off. Moore is the least likely to pick up a spot though due to drops, but he is also the best at getting open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would of liked us to pickup a vet OLB in the past few days.

Kumerow if a f**king idiot. the roll into the endzone on the long TD against the Steelers where he hurt his shoulder, and now he is on IR for 8 weeks.

Hope Gilbert takes a huge step. he played good late when we activated him last season.
Im glad Looney, Martini, Pankey and Donnerson made the PS thought Martini might of made the 53 with burks injury. But now we signed Toomer for that.

DeShone Kizer confident he can lead the Packers if Aaron Rodgers can’t
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 15, 2018, 7:18 AM EDT
gettyimages-1030119354-e1537010299423.jpg

Getty Images

If DeShone Kizer lost confidence, that would be easy to understand. As a rookie last year, he was the quarterback for an 0-16 Browns team. This year he was traded to the Packers, and when he had to fill in for Aaron Rodgers in Week One, he had two turnovers and didn’t lead any scoring drives.

But Kizer says he’s not losing any confidence, and if Rodgers’ knee injury keeps him off the field Sunday against the Vikings, he’ll be ready to fill in.

“If my number is called, I think I’ll be able to go out there and have some success,” Kizer told ESPN.

Kizer also felt like he did what he had to do while Rodgers was having his knee checked out.

“I think I did a halfway decent job,” Kizer said. “There’s a lot of things you can correct in practice, but for the most part I think I really understand what we’re trying to do. I understand what their defense is trying to do. If my number is called, I think I’ll be able to go out there and have some success.”

The Packers need a quarterback who’s more than “halfway decent,” so they’re hoping Rodgers can go. Kizer may be confident in himself, but it’s hard for anyone else to be confident in the Packers without Rodgers.

f**k the refs today.

the BS OPI on Adams in the first which killed a drive, the Holding call on the Graham TD in the 3rd was soft. but the flag on Clay on the INT was bullshit.

Our D had some bad moments in the 4th which could of saved us. and our offence not moving the ball near the redzone in the 2nd half also hurt.

But if the refs didnt get flag happy on the INT we win the game.

Really foolish for us to throw when the Vikes had 2 timeouts still. Even more annoying was that roughing passer call. Bullshit. Even still we have opportunities to win the game and we didn't take them. We are lucky we got away with a tie.

Despite AR having a flat game we still pulled out, which probably says a lot about our improved D.

f**k the refs today.

the BS OPI on Adams in the first which killed a drive, the Holding call on the Graham TD in the 3rd was soft. but the flag on Clay on the INT was bullshit.

Our D had some bad moments in the 4th which could of saved us. and our offence not moving the ball near the redzone in the 2nd half also hurt.

But if the refs didnt get flag happy on the INT we win the game.

That holding was terrible. Flag every play if you're calling that.

i want to see what the NFL say about the Mathews flag. since the Ref told the reporters post game it was because Clay picked him up and dumped him.

he didnt pick him up, and was about as careful as he could be without being superhuman and phasing through him.

the Jimmy Graham TD being called back was just as big of a bad call as the Mathews flag.
If thats not called its 30-7 midway with 5mins left in the 3rdQ

Turns out it wasn't the Rodgers rule. It was for lifting the QB. s**t decision either way, same with the Kendriks one who got flagged for the new rule.

Yea, well that it is ridiculous then, in the weekly thread my first reaction was it was soft but its what the refs are looking for, QB's falling on their side/one arm to brace themselves and a player following through on the tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back