Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Not convinced he was going to leave at the end of the year, but there was no doubt he wanted to be paid as a top 3 safety. That's probably what it has come down to. Not happy though as it leaves Whitehead and Brice as our starters.

Tramon moving to FS apparently.

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Tramon moving to FS apparently.
He played some snaps there lastweek. So i think Pettine knew HaHa was going to be traded.
He did play FS in Pettine's defence in Cleveland so not a huge surprise. Glad he is on the backend though, should provide veteran leadership plus not make mistakes on the calls. Also give King, Alexander and Jackson a real chance to shine.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
As long as King can stay on the field.
Alexander is going to be a stud. Cant wait to see more from Jackson but could be good.

I dont think losing HaHa will be that big with how streaky he has been the past 2 years and has blown many more plays than he has made. Even blew audibles of what play was coming his way

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
He already stated he was leaving at the end of the season but was still playing well, from all reports not a locker room distraction and most importantly our only decent safety.

I understand they wanted to get something for him instead of letting him walk for free, but they would’ve got 3rd or 4th round compo for him anyway??
Bank the pick now, no compo picks to think about when being active in free agency then.

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
green bay, liverpool, parramatta
Starting to get a reputation of losing games only GB know how to. Frustration levels increasing every game. Going to be interesting how the offseason pans out. A mate of mine gets into me non stop about greenbays unwillingness to throw everything they can for playmakers on both sides of the ball with rodgers there and its so true. Will be a major fail on the organisation getting one ring with him at the helm. Its hard watching games and just pinpointing the moment we just lost the game and see it slip away

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Starting to get a reputation of losing games only GB know how to. Frustration levels increasing every game. Going to be interesting how the offseason pans out. A mate of mine gets into me non stop about greenbays unwillingness to throw everything they can for playmakers on both sides of the ball with rodgers there and its so true. Will be a major fail on the organisation getting one ring with him at the helm. Its hard watching games and just pinpointing the moment we just lost the game and see it slip away

Coming on 27 straight seasons with 2 of the best QBs of all time at the helm and we have 2 rings to show for it. That tells you all you need to know about the Green Bay Packers organisation.

It’s funny when I think about those 2 Super Bowl wins I don’t think about Favre or Rodgers. I think about Reggie White and Desmond Howard or Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews (I know Woodson was hurt in the Super Bowl but without him we don’t even make the Super Bowl). Put some studs on the other side of the ball ffs.
I’m feeling Rodgers contract might prevent us from doing that, he probably deserves every cent but Jesus it cripples us.

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Coming on 27 straight seasons with 2 of the best QBs of all time at the helm and we have 2 rings to show for it. That tells you all you need to know about the Green Bay Packers organisation.

It’s funny when I think about those 2 Super Bowl wins I don’t think about Favre or Rodgers. I think about Reggie White and Desmond Howard or Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews (I know Woodson was hurt in the Super Bowl but without him we don’t even make the Super Bowl). Put some studs on the other side of the ball ffs.
I’m feeling Rodgers contract might prevent us from doing that, he probably deserves every cent but Jesus it cripples us.

Nick collins another one.. He most definantly deserves every cent. But thats for the organization to be creative with how they manage the finances. F*** me, trade draft picks for the right ready made players instead of the unknown. Lets say for argument sakes front office go up to a-rod. Say were willing to give 2 first rounders and sign khalil mack and then ask rodgers to restructure his contract take a few mill less a year or whatever it is however they can to make it work. What does he say?

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Don't know about you guys but i cant hande this season anymore. Looked forward all day to come home.and watch this and its just left a horrid taste in my mouth. So sick of it

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Looking like we need to win out to make playoffs which isn’t entirely out of the question given our run home but missing the playoffs could be a blessing in disguise.

Let’s get rid of big Mike get some fresh ideas in and get some talent in! We have 2 first round picks. The Saints pick be great but we’ve hit on a few late first rounders in the past!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nothing shows me we have the ability to win out at all. We're done. Every game has been such a chore this season. Our offence is 10 years old and doesn't work.

2 first rounders and a new HC and ST coach might help.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Nothing shows me we have the ability to win out at all. We're done. Every game has been such a chore this season. Our offence is 10 years old and doesn't work.

2 first rounders and a new HC and ST coach might help.

Have you seen our remaining games? All of our last 5 games we’d be at least 10 point favourites in.

EDIT: except for the Bears but they’re still yet to convince me

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Have you seen our remaining games? All of our last 5 games we’d be at least 10 point favourites in.

EDIT: except for the Bears but they’re still yet to convince me

From here you will have to win the division to make the playoffs id think. Ridiculous how deep the NFC is. 10 wins no guarantee. Id be checking the Bears and Vikings schedules too.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Its the same every close game. McCarthy coaches to not lose rather than build a lead and get the win.

Sure Rodgers missed some throws in the 2nd half. but we are a better than to need Rodgers to pull some crazy throws off to help us win.

MVS had been great the last month and yesterday wasnt even given the chance to show speed. McCarthy refuses to scheme players open.

our offence should be putting up 40 everyweek. WR corps with Adams, Cobb, MVS and EQ. and Jones at RB.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Its the same every close game. McCarthy coaches to not lose rather than build a lead and get the win.

Sure Rodgers missed some throws in the 2nd half. but we are a better than to need Rodgers to pull some crazy throws off to help us win.

MVS had been great the last month and yesterday wasnt even given the chance to show speed. McCarthy refuses to scheme players open.

our offence should be putting up 40 everyweek. WR corps with Adams, Cobb, MVS and EQ. and Jones at RB.

The trouble is that we only got to the play-offs last year, on the back of some last ditch Rodgers crazy throws.....A fact which many seem to forget.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The trouble is that we only got to the play-offs last year, on the back of some last ditch Rodgers crazy throws.....A fact which many seem to forget.
Its the only reason we made it a game yesterday. and almost everyweek because of the s**t gameplan thats just "Keep it close so McCarthy can blow it in the 4th or Rodgers pulls another win out of nothing"

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Mike Silver reports "there's a growing sense" Mike McCarthy will be replaced after the season.

McCarthy is on the hot seat after another road loss. His job security has been a storyline all year, but McCarthy's track record is strong enough to avoid an in-season firing. McCarthy's questionable playcalling was on full display Thursday night, costing the Packers a chance to win by punting with four minutes remaining. Green Bay's playoff chances are looking slim with losses in three of their last four games. After a lame duck extension in January, the Packers can easily move on from McCarthy this offseason.

Source: NFL Network

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
NFL Network's Mike Silver reports "there's a growing sense" Mike McCarthy will be replaced after the season.

McCarthy is on the hot seat after another road loss. His job security has been a storyline all year, but McCarthy's track record is strong enough to avoid an in-season firing. McCarthy's questionable playcalling was on full display Thursday night, costing the Packers a chance to win by punting with four minutes remaining. Green Bay's playoff chances are looking slim with losses in three of their last four games. After a lame duck extension in January, the Packers can easily move on from McCarthy this offseason.

Source: NFL Network

Can't come soon enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back