Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Stoked we re-signed Bakhtiari. Be interesting to see what our salary cap situation is going forward. Hopefully we can re-sign Jones.
Jones I think is a 50/50 chance at the moment. The main issue comes down to injury concerns from memory last year was the only year he's played in every game.

If we kept Williams, Dillion and Ervin going forward that's solid, but I'd expect us to draft another RB this year who can hit a long TD if Jones left.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jones I think is a 50/50 chance at the moment. The main issue comes down to injury concerns from memory last year was the only year he's played in every game.

If we kept Williams, Dillion and Ervin going forward that's solid, but I'd expect us to draft another RB this year who can hit a long TD if Jones left.

I'd have keeping Jones 25/75 unfortunately

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
green bay, liverpool, parramatta
Stoked we re-signed Bakhtiari. Be interesting to see what our salary cap situation is going forward. Hopefully we can re-sign Jones.

big money to Bakhtiari. Deserved though.i think jones is more leaving than staying and you’d think whatever GB are going to do will be done with having an eye on an extension for rodgers

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Page is unusually quiet for this time of year. What’s people’s thoughts for rest of the year and the titans this week. Henry is on a tear playing away from home. I see the titans as a real hard team to stop with Henry and tannehill. Our offense should have thier way against the titans D. Would be great to nearly tie up a 1st round bye and home advantage

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Page is unusually quiet for this time of year. What’s people’s thoughts for rest of the year and the titans this week. Henry is on a tear playing away from home. I see the titans as a real hard team to stop with Henry and tannehill. Our offense should have thier way against the titans D. Would be great to nearly tie up a 1st round bye and home advantage
I think Henry is going to have a field day on our defence. But the thing in our favour is TOP, we've got the highest TOP of any team while the Titans sit towards the bottom. If we can get up early that will work to our advantage as Henry is a back who takes a while to get going.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have the 11th or so best rushing defence in the league. Henry is a great great player, I almost feel as if he doesn't actually get the praise he deserves. He'll easily have between 150-200 yards. We'll still win easily. So much carry on when our offence puts up 30 each week for fun.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Feeling pretty confident we make the Super Bowl this year. The stars seem to be aligning for Aaron. Just feel like he’s in a really good headspace too

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Feeling pretty confident we make the Super Bowl this year. The stars seem to be aligning for Aaron. Just feel like he’s in a really good headspace too

For sure man. Have to keep in mind its all week to week though, can crash down in an instant. But this has been a very fun season. Enjoying every single win.

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I think Henry is going to have a field day on our defence. But the thing in our favour is TOP, we've got the highest TOP of any team while the Titans sit towards the bottom. If we can get up early that will work to our advantage as Henry is a back who takes a while to get going.

worked perfectly for us getting up very early. Especially against a run first side like the titans. Offense is clicking and if that is a glimpse of what’s to come with aj Dillon, just another factor to help come playoff time when it gets tough. Defense as a whole came up big With stopping Henry and co. and loving savage’s playmaking ability becoming more common

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
worked perfectly for us getting up very early. Especially against a run first side like the titans. Offense is clicking and if that is a glimpse of what’s to come with aj Dillon, just another factor to help come playoff time when it gets tough. Defense as a whole came up big With stopping Henry and co. and loving savage’s playmaking ability becoming more common
Looking forward to watching later, just looked at the box scores all day and it looks bloody impressive from that point of view.

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Looking forward to watching later, just looked at the box scores all day and it looks bloody impressive from that point of view.

was impressive. Stoked sitting back thinking about it. Got a 2-3 breaks with the ref’s but all round great game. Starting to change my view of how far we can go this year. To sew up 1st seed still gotta go out and beat the bears @ Chicago with everything on the line for them too

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
What happens if we lose this week, but new Orleans and Seattle both win.

sounds like Seattle got the tie break over us, but we got the tie break over the saints. if were all at 12-4?

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Today was our most complete performance of the year, good time of the year to be heating up!

Also I think today stamped Jones papers out of the joint. As much as I love Jones and it’s going to be tough to see him running around for someone else, AJ Dillon is a stud. He and Jamaal is going to be a whole lot cheaper than Jones

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
What happens if we lose this week, but new Orleans and Seattle both win.

sounds like Seattle got the tie break over us, but we got the tie break over the saints. if were all at 12-4?
If we win we're the number 1.
Lose and the Seahawks win they are number 1.
Lose and the Saints win, Seahawks lose and we are number 1.
We lose and the Hawks and Saints win then the Saints are number 1.

I'm pretty sure that's how it can play out.

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
If we win we're the number 1.
Lose and the Seahawks win they are number 1.
Lose and the Saints win, Seahawks lose and we are number 1.
We lose and the Hawks and Saints win then the Saints are number 1.

I'm pretty sure that's how it can play out.

how does that work if we beat New Orleans though ? Doesn’t that trump all tie breakers?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
how does that work if we beat New Orleans though ? Doesn’t that trump all tie breakers?
Only if just packers and saints are tied on the same wins. H2H tie break is easy. But if you have three or more teams tied, and there isnt a team that beat all the others H2H, then it goes to other tie break methods.

In a three way tie, Saints #1
In a two way tie, Saints and Packers, Packers #1
In a two way tie, Seahawks and Packers, Seahawks #1
In a two way tie, Saints and Seahawks, Saints #1

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I’m no expert, but it looked like the opponents got used to the conditions after a while, had a bit of a comeback, but then lost energy and drive as the cold wore them down. So not really in it for even a quarter of the game. Over reliance on one player didn’t help in that scenario

could be a template for post season. Beating the bears is a must

Back