Green Knight(spoilers - believe me you want to be spoiled on this one)

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Seriously what the f*** was this?

its basically a guy walking around in pretty green but overcast fields for two hours having endless hallucinations only to finally figure out that he is a sh*t human being who deserves to get his head chopped off.

this is quite possibly the worst movie ive seen in 20 years. Even worse then the original Charlies Angels movies.

why is it rating so well?

is this movie the definition of the emperors invisible clothes?

what are your thoughts?

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seriously what the f*** was this?

its basically a guy walking around in pretty green but overcast fields for two hours having endless hallucinations only to finally figure out that he is a sh*t human being who deserves to get his head chopped off.

this is quite possibly the worst movie ive seen in 20 years. Even worse then the original Charlies Angels movies.

why is it rating so well?

is this movie the definition of the emperors invisible clothes?

what are your thoughts?

It was weird but interesting , bit of a late 70’s / early eighties surrealism vibe

Surprising that a studio risked making it

Not everything has to fit in a nice neat box , if you don’t like it go watch another superhero movie I guess

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
It was weird but interesting , bit of a late 70’s / early eighties surrealism vibe

Surprising that a studio risked making it

Not everything has to fit in a nice neat box , if you don’t like it go watch another superhero movie I guess

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
this movie fits perfectly into the tiniest little box. Its so simple that it makes marvel movies look complex and deep.

i love intelligent movies. this is not one. Nice scenary does not make a smart or intriging film.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Usually i would agree with this point but theplot is only about 2 sentences long. Movie should of been a 6 minute short rather than 130 minutes.

I pretty much agree with your assessment but others had a different view.

Maybe the mods could move the posts in this thread? phantom13

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
this movie fits perfectly into the tiniest little box. Its so simple that it makes marvel movies look complex and deep.

i love intelligent movies. this is not one. Nice scenary does not make a smart or intriging film.
Read one of the many articles that explains it. It's surprisingly deep and intelligent, deconstructing Arthurian legends, tipping its hat to many a past film and much more. That doesn't necessarily make it a great film (though I largely enjoyed it) but its anything but simple. A little like I'm Thinking of Ending Things, I got to the end largely entertained, wondering what the hell I'd just watched, but impressed by the depth when I read the explainers. I get movies generally shouldn't come with homework, but sometimes it adds to the films.

Back