Strategy Green or Jackson?

Who would choose?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised at how high Jackson keeps being rated. He's too short for an AFL ruckman, and has shown very little at either end. Name one current quality ruckman below 200cm that wasn't a complete freak (i.e. Paddy Ryder)

Toby Nankervis 199cm 2x premiership ruckman

Absolutely entitled as we have built this team during the hardest era in the history of the AFL/VFL when both Gold Coast & GWS took all the draft picks since 2010
Lol Using go home factor, boosted 3rd party deals from the heartland city, never travelling and a home ground GF.

Had a 100 year head start and you complain over startup concessions

Lol Using go home factor, boosted 3rd party deals from the heartland city, never travelling and a home ground GF.

Had a 100 year head start and you complain over startup concessions
Thanks for joining our league , Now lets see if you can win something

Back to Green , Did you know he has a Tigers jumper with #9 he wears to all the Tiger games he attends

Can we rewind to 3 years ago when we didn't have arrogant Richmond posters derailing every thread? Some seem to forget where they came from, as if the 30 years of mediocrity never happened. Humility doesn't kill

From memory it was arrogant bulldog posters then

Ahh well the wheel turns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd choose Young.

I think it'll be ridiculous if we go Jackson at 3. Yes, I can see a bid on Green.

Pick 3 should be us selecting best available, which by most reports would be Young. Solid kick which we are lacking in. Replacement for ageing half back flankers in Jones/Hibberd/etc.

What is now Pick 10 should again be MFC going best available but we could afford to be a bit more BOLD and go for someone like Young if we think he can have an instant impact up forward assisting T-Mac and putting pressure on Weid. Alternately we go best available again and go for someone like a Dylan Stephens. Another bold choice would be the injured Kemp who could be a freak but we'll have more of a wait and see if we go for Kemp.

There's also whispers that we're gonna turn 10 into 2 x picks in the teens. So that we can have a punt on a few of the likes of Serong/Weightman/Pickett who seem to be in the mix around there. Weightman and Serong's values have seemed to dwindle.

Some of you dreamers need to understand that recruiters have very long memories.

What the Swans did last year was clever in manipulating picks for a benefit but try doing that and hurt a team and just see what the consequences will be.

I don’t think teams will want to do something to us in spite, wouldn’t be great long term planning if you ever want a favour back.

If MEL bid on Green at p3, surely GWS would ask FRE for p7 & p8 in return for p4 (plus a later pick, or future pick).

I'm surprised at how high Jackson keeps being rated. He's too short for an AFL ruckman, and has shown very little at either end. Name one current quality ruckman below 200cm that wasn't a complete freak (i.e. Paddy Ryder)

Shane Mumford (199cm)
Stefan Martin (199cm)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Mumford (199cm)
Stefan Martin (199cm)
Mumford is an exception due to pure size. Was like 130kg in his early days.

Martin and Nankervis are the exceptions, and they're still taller than Jackson who appears to have stopped growing

You wouldn't spend a pick that early on Nankervis
Kreuzer wouldn't be his listed height.

Thanks for joining our league , Now lets see if you can win something

Back to Green , Did you know he has a Tigers jumper with #9 he wears to all the Tiger games he attends
While we're at it Dom Tyson to Tigers, Prestia to Dees. ;)

these entilted newcomers, 28 top 2o picks sweetheart. Still. Won. Nothing.
Jelly seems right. You just need to change it to Giantsu.

How did your lot get kicked out of the heartland of the sport?
Then
Go bankrupt 3 times.
And killed Cola for all.

I mean at least if we are good enough to win one it'll be under the same salary cap rules as the rest of the comp.

Can we rewind to 3 years ago when we didn't have arrogant Richmond posters derailing every thread? Some seem to forget where they came from, as if the 30 years of mediocrity never happened. Humility doesn't kill

To be fair they've only been on-board for a couple of seasons.

If MEL bid on Green at p3, surely GWS would ask FRE for p7 & p8 in return for p4 (plus a later pick, or future pick).
Why would Freo give up 2 picks inside the top 10 to keep 1? Especially as they wouldn’t know where a Henry bid was coming. Later picks and future aren’t worth a great deal this year.

I watched a few full game highlights of Green on the NAB League App and there's no doubt he's a beast at stoppages. Can wrench the ball out, get his hands clear, stay upright and fire off perfect handballs on both sides.

But I didn't once see him run with the ball out the front of a stoppage and get to a kick.

Meanwhile Jackson sharks his own hit out, blind turns a guy and gets a kick away on multiple occasions.

He's going to need a whole lot of development but there's a chance that Jackson ends up a special player.

I reckon Melbourne’s “interest” in Jackson is misinformation. Gawn and Preuss on the list already - why would they want another ruck.

Indeed they may be playing brilliant games to get access to Green, which i suspect they’ll land cos GWS would be happy with Jackson at 4 - with ruck prospects bej g the only area where GWS are thin.

IMO it actually suits both teams if it llays out that way.

Back