Greenock Football & Netball Club reforming

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it be better for them start with a single side in the SAAFL first and then go from there?
Or is it too far out?

Would it be better for them start with a single side in the SAAFL first and then go from there?
Or is it too far out?
SAAFL were receptive to the idea I think.

But they are gathering momentum with numbers, so they probably don't see the point.

As for too far out, no idea.

No chance of happening, the Apfl can barely accomodate Hamley bridge let alone another team.

No chance of happening, the Apfl can barely accomodate Hamley bridge let alone another team.

I'm only going by what the club is reporting. I doubt they'd say anything otherwise.

Unless Hamley Bridge won't be around much longer....

I'm only going by what the club is reporting. I doubt they'd say anything otherwise.

Unless Hamley Bridge won't be around much longer....

I know what they are reporting but it just isn't feasible, Hamley won't be going anywhere, they are paying the price for chasing quick glory.

I did hear rumours a while ago of the schlungers making a comeback. Very surprised to see a thread about it on bigfooty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not yet. I think Covid may have been a bit of a factor. I'll find out some more information
I know a few of the lads up there and they don’t seem to think much is happening.
No one knows what is going to happen with the APFL in the next year or two either but I’d think a few country leagues doing it tough might be looking at a merger

I know a few of the lads up there and they don’t seem to think much is happening.
No one knows what is going to happen with the APFL in the next year or two either but I’d think a few country leagues doing it tough might be looking at a merger
Yeah same mate. They basically told me GFNC has gone quiet due to Covid and lack of support from local leagues which is sad.

APFL are going alright with 8 teams but with Balaklava again looking to leave the APFL (they applied to join the NEFL for this season but got told "thanks but no thanks"), one wonders when push comes to shove.

Most of the league's are Ok for now, although the EP is in trouble - the Mid West League is basically done with Wudinna United and Central Eyre merging and the new club has been allowed to join the Eastern Eyre FL, and West Coast and Wirrulla have joined the Far West league, leaving Elliston and Western Districts.

Yeah same mate. They basically told me GFNC has gone quiet due to Covid and lack of support from local leagues which is sad.

APFL are going alright with 8 teams but with Balaklava again looking to leave the APFL (they applied to join the NEFL for this season but got told "thanks but no thanks"), one wonders when push comes to shove.

They weren’t told no , the sanfl wouldn’t allow balak to change leagues

They weren’t told no , the sanfl wouldn’t allow balak to change leagues
Correct
The NEFL was more than keen for them to join.
If Balak left I think it would possibly drive Mallala to join the BL&GFA and that would be the death knell for the NEFL.
Think there will be a big shake up of leagues in the coming years

Honestly, Hummocks Watchman and Balaklava joining the NEFL wouldn't be a bad thing although I don't fancy the Eudunda Robertstown roadtrip, that's for sure.
Currently the Eudunda to Snowtown trip is the longest in the NEFL, Balak would be 10-15 minutes closer to Eudunda than Snowtown is. Likewise Port Wakefield to Eudunda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back