Remove this Banner Ad

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
A Greens candidate has dramatically quit the state election race after it emerged she had posted tips on stealing groceries and bragged she was "the baddest shoplifter there is".

8e7d9faf8bf3027812a89b80e6321235

In the Facebook conversation about shoplifting, Ms Nilson said she loved “just strolling out with a hot chook”.

“Take a plastic bag full of other stuff put it in your basket and then load all the expensive stuff in that take it out and go through the checkout with that on your arm pop through a soda water … Bingo $70 of groceries for 70c,” Ms Nilson said in one post.

In another post on the “Bad Gals Club”, Ms Nilson said she was struggling with a hangover and added: “I stink of the weed in my bag.”

Ms Nilson also said a service that home-delivered “nangs” — small canisters holding nitrous oxide gas for whipped cream, which some people inhale for a quick high — “sounds like a dream”.

“Fk how good R nangs,” she wrote.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/v...k/news-story/761ed97cec41927a84829155a4d94c9b

An anomaly who somehow advanced to pre-selection, or just your typical Green?

Last edited:

I like her. I'd vote for her over any of the s**t in the liberal party. When you look at it more and see Woolworths and Coles are actually stealing from us, people like her are held in high esteem like that Che Guevara guy

And what does she mean "a jew in the liberal party" lol? I honestly never see the LNP as anything close to being Nazi's

She is just one of the first of many who will shoot themselves in the foot from stupid s**t posted on fb/twitter from well before they even contemplated a move to politics/business/media etc

I think it's great - this is one of the exact reasons i think FB is for ******* morons - some of the incriminating stuff people post is actually insane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facebook is often the first point of reference for most employers to get an insight into a candidate's character. Then Instagram, Twitter, YouTube if they have a page there (I know, a Darwin supervisor liked my Chinese New Year fireworks videos from 10 years ago. How did he find out my profile page?)

And then Reddit and even BigFooty if their alias is known.

Facebook is a great tool for vetting
Difficult to vet I would have thought as the comments were in a private group.
Will freely admit little knowledge of vetting processes of any political party.
Only positive is she owned the comments and stepped aside.

Funny how the ones who whinge about things like businesses stealing wages and mistreating workers are also the ones who do the same s**t themselves. Just a bit of a hypocrite aren't you?
I think they see themselves as justified in a Robin Hood style with themselves as the poor recipient as well.

Though at the same time who was the dog journalist scrolling through 4 yr old FB posts raking for mud?
Would be party staffers leaking to the press - the muck-raking units of the two major parties is well resourced.

Was Medibank Private the Libs' private property that they were entitled to do as they please with and sell off? Bollocks it was, it belonged to us and they stole it.
It has about as much to do with this thread as your hero Mr Shorten's plan to steal dividend refunds off battlers like myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back