Society/Culture Greens vow to move Australia Day

Remove this Banner Ad

How come these well educated and intelligent lefties can not look after themselves but the stupid bogans on the right can ? it is the left who needs big government and it is the left who complains every time there is a cut to government services.
One again I know parody account but just thought I'd correct this myth.

The majority of well educated, intelligent lefties have no need for government support and the desire for big government is limited to to a handful of extremists. Where the need for government to step in is not for people like myself, but for people who can't help themselves. People on minimum wage, students, immigrants in unfamiliar society, people with mental issues, the elderly... It's a long list. If humans are left without a handbrake a lot of these people will just wither on the vine. We are greedy up until the point we are allowed to.

I, like most well educated inner city lefties, have no need for any support. I've lived in London for most of the last three years paying extortionate amounts of rent but still never wanting for anything. I'm just empathetic enough to know others aren't so fortunate and whilst I built my freelance business up from scratch (no direct help from mumsy and dadsy) I'm wise enough to know the safety net my middle class parents provided allowed me to take such risks - most people don't have such an option. Provided what you say about your upbringing is actually true (croweater anyone?) you'd be well advised to perhaps take stock of what you've actually achieved.

It's with a lot of irony that many of those who rail so hard against people such as myself are the ones in most need of such support.

Should also point out for the record whilst conservatives despair at the thought of "big government" you are a much more authoritarian bunch, albeit at a police and military level.

Last edited:
The Greens are wise enough to comprehend that it is man who represents the fundamental threat to all life on Earth, and possibly even the planet itself, by the destruction of it's Ecology.

You can argue over left/right bulldust all you like, but if all the rivers are polluted, our oceans depleted & our skies un-breathable, then no one is going to care whether you're a Commie or a Capitalist.

Until we accommodate ourselves to the earth, rather than the other way around, then we are on a one-way path to self-destruction.

But man is petty, greedy, stupid & short-sighted.
We are no different to any other species. Just more successful than others in the Quaternary.

We are no different to any other species. Just more successful than others in the Quaternary.

We share the same creaturely biology & existential dependence upon this earth, it is true.

But to say that we are not markedly different from all other species by our rational nature is clearly absurd.

We share the same creaturely biology & existential dependence upon this earth, it is true.

But to say that we are not markedly different from all other species by our rational nature is clearly absurd.
We don’t know precisely what species existed before us and how intelligent they were. What we do know is that severely limited species compared to us changed this planet to detriment of other life, many times over. And in that we are no different.

The majority of well educated, intelligent lefties have no need for government support and the desire for big government is limited to to a handful of extremists. Where the need for government to step in is not for people like myself, but for people who can't help themselves. People on minimum wage, students, immigrants in unfamiliar society, people with mental issues, the elderly... It's a long list. If humans are left without a handbrake a lot of these people will just wither on the vine. We are greedy up until the point we are allowed to.

I, like most well educated inner city lefties, have no need for any support. I've lived in London for most of the last three years paying extortionate amounts of rent but still never wanting for anything. I'm just empathetic enough to know others aren't so fortunate and whilst I built my freelance business up from scratch (no direct help from mumsy and dadsy) I'm wise enough to know the safety net my middle class parents provided allowed me to take such risks - most people don't have such an option. Provided what you say about your upbringing is actually true (croweater anyone?) you'd be well advised to perhaps take stock of what you've actually achieved.

It's with a lot of irony that many of those who rail so hard against people such as myself are the ones in most need of such support.

Should also point out for the record whilst conservatives despair at the thought of "big government" you are a much more authoritarian bunch, albeit at a police and military level.

The only thing that makes green voters special is that they have a very unhealthy obsessions with the so called oppression of Palestine.

The reason so many people cant help themselves is because of left wing policies that you support .

1.High immigration- means a greater supply of labour and lower wages while at the same time a higher demand for commodities increasing the costs of living.

2.Carbon reduction targets- higher costs of energy which increase the costs of living and keeps wages down .

3.High taxes- Business spend less on wages and cost past on to customers.

Its very simple, fix the above 3 problems and the costs of living will go down and wages will go up but nope the left wants to focus on changing the date.

Last edited:
I know parody account but just thought I'd point out Triple J countdown? One of the funniest meltdowns ever seen by hysterical conservatives. My mrs 3 year old nephew has more balance and reason than conservatives did over this non consequential issue.

I know this would be hard to believe but people on the right can have a rational conversation about politics without getting all emotional like the left do.

Its nearly always they left who start up boycotts and violent protests where they punch people up, smash buildings and set cars on fire because they can not control their emotions.

You have a look at the reaction from the right when Obama who might not of been born in the USA won and than compare it to the reaction when Trump won . The left are just far more emotional than the right .

I'm celebrating Australia Day next Friday, and couldn't GAF what anyone thinks......

Its very simple, fix the above 3 problems and the costs of living will go down and wages will go up.
Simply fantasy. If you think lower taxes are going to mean thousands upon thousands of mentally handicapped people (amongst other disadvantages groups) are suddenly going to be employed then you are a lost cause because that is just not going to happen. This is essentially a different spin on the whole trickle down economics bullshit that has been peddled for god knows how long.

Australia and the UK are very fairly taxed societies. There are plenty of utopias where people don't pay tax (or little tax) - Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Guatemala, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Bosnia for instance. In a list of highest taxed countries v lowest taxed countries it's not even a contest as to where people would prefer to live. The standard of living, wages, social security, freedom and general well being is significantly higher in countries where taxes are higher.

I know you'll simply read this and jump and down and scream look here he admits it he is just a communist who wants to take your money for taxes and wants you to pay more tax but this is hardly the case. I pay more than my fair share of taxes and am only happy to do so. I can recognise that schools, hospitals, roads and care for the elderly don't get built out of the goodness of peoples hearts. What I am opposed to - and I assume everyone is - is government waste and there are plenty of examples that can be found simply by the power google (and both sides of government are responsible here).

In terms of tax rates, Australia and the UK strike a very good middle ground where I am happy.

You can keep telling yourself we're on the losing side but society is only getting more and more progressive. This has been demonstrated loads and loads of times. Blacks, gays and women are born into a society their peers could only have dreamed of 50 years ago (even though there is still much headway to be made). Go to any church on a Sunday morning and it's basically a wasteland.

You seem to be wedded to the fact all progressive's would prefer a communist based economic system but once again just show's your simple thinking. I don't think communism was ever considered a viable option for any significant portion of the western population and if it was it certainly isn't now. The whole we won the economic debate is a moot point. There never really was one (of any significance). The majority know capitalism is the way forward, and it's about making it work best for everyone. Not just making it work for a select few, even though in any system there will always be winners and losers.

I know this would be hard to believe but people on the right can have a rational conversation about politics without getting all emotional like the left do.

Its nearly always they left who start up boycotts and violent protests where they punch people up, smash buildings and set cars on fire because they can not control their emotions.

You have a look at the reaction from the right when Obama who might not of been born in the USA won and than compare it to the reaction when Trump won . The left are just far more emotional than the right .
No one said people on the right can't have rational conversations but you seem to pretend they all sit there stoically taking in the worlds problems than methodically produce dot point solutions on a power point presentation. I assume you've listened to talk back radio and watched Fox news at some point. Emotive is the most apt word to describe them and most of their listeners who call in and you can hear their temples throbbing through the radio waves they are so red in the face with rage.

Violent protests? I do concede this is one area the left could improve on. Me personally.... Not my domain. As said I don't need to. But if you were someone who wasn't born too bright into a poor family and went into adulthood reliant on social services to keep you above the water line, then told that aforementioned services were being cut due to "austerity" but politician's already beautiful wages will continue to increase.... Well yeah I'd be pretty pissed off too.

Realistically, all we need to know is "Obama who might not of been born in the USA"

Last edited:
Literally in the same sentence you have a contradiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But if you were someone who wasn't born too bright into a poor family and went into adulthood reliant on social services to keep you above the water line, then told that aforementioned services were being cut due to "austerity" but politician's already beautiful wages will continue to increase.... Well yeah I'd be pretty pissed off too.

Realistically, all we need to know is "Obama who might not of been born in the USA"
Is that what we want though? A society where we can just say everything is too hard, I'm oppressed, so I'll live off of tax payers money the rest of my life?
At the end of the day, humans are just animals. We have gotten to this point through the concept of survival of the fittest, where basic racial characteristics of each civilisation highlight this. The hardline left policies, I feel, go directly against this concept, creating a society going backwards, rather than the adopted progressive movement towards utopia that they claim

Is that what we want though? A society where we can just say everything is too hard, I'm oppressed, so I'll live off of tax payers money the rest of my life?
There are many people who can't do this though. There are many more people who need subsidisation to keep themselves afloat. There's an even larger group of people who could once look after themselves but no longer can.
At the end of the day, humans are just animals. We have gotten to this point through the concept of survival of the fittest, where basic racial characteristics of each civilisation highlight this. The hardline left policies, I feel, go directly against this concept, creating a society going backwards, rather than the adopted progressive movement towards utopia that they claim
Physiologically we may be "just animals" but the society we've created has gone far past that.

And define hardline left policies.... Are we talking social housing? homeless shelters? schooling and education? social workers for mentally unfit people? aged care? Or are we talking proper communist policies? Because if it's the latter then once again this is a moot argument because you are talking to an incredibly small minority of "the left".

Don't own a flag mate.

But whilst you are wallowing in your sadness, I'll be swallowing a beer.

Then after 26/01/18, you'll jump on another bandwagon......

Whats you're next crusade?

Crusade?.....I couldn't give a toss what day it's on.

You're the only one plying an agenda here....over something so very trivial....Triggered snowflake tear-drops.

Crusade?.....I couldn't give a toss what day it's on.

You're the only one plying an agenda here....over something so very trivial....Triggered snowflake tear-drops.
They should have a "Bradesmaen and Procrastinator35" day.

Together.
Just you 2......

Say, 13th August each year?

You can wallow together......

They should have a "Bradesmaen and Procrastinator35" day.

Together.
Just you 2......

Say, 13th August each year?

You can wallow together......

You seem to get carried away with yourself rather too easily.

Perhaps it's best that you refrain from drinking alcohol....as you clearly have trouble holding your drink.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back