Society/Culture Greens vow to move Australia Day

Remove this Banner Ad

You're very emotional as usual, but their policies will benefit the working class more the the ALP.

Emotional?

FWIW, yes, I hate you. What a shock, given you single handedly serve to see me issued infractions purely on the grounds of ideological difference. I have been issued infractions and thread bans for the most ridiculously petty of posts, that wouldn’t bat a second eyelid if it was anyone else.

What you and your mate is doing is bullying as far as I am concerned and I’m sick of it.

And no, the Greens policies will not benefit the working class as much as an ALP governments would.

Emotional?

FWIW, yes, I hate you. What a shock, given you single handedly serve to see me issued infractions purely on the grounds of ideological difference. I have been used infractions and thread bans for the most ridiculously petty of posts, that wouldn’t bat a second eyelid if it was anyone else.

What you and your mate is doing is bullying as far as I am concerned and I’m sick of it.
Stop sooking.

You're paranoid delusional.

Why don't you find another forum if everyone is picking on you?

It’s just you and your mate you flog.

It’s a joke this site promotes awareness of depression and anxiety and then allows the two of you too to target specific individuals the way you do me.

And if I am suddenly thread banned or infracted after this exchange, or this is deleted, we will all know this isn’t paranoia or delusion.

Won’t we KV.

Last edited:
Don’t patronise me.

I am fine.

The way you behave is wrong.

And I still haven’t heard you deny you report to Malifice, who then does the rubbing out.

And I am being targeted...I only ever get whacks from your mate Mal!
Im going to put you on ignore.

Im not doing anything to * with you, but if you think Im contributing to mental health issues. I'm out of this one.

You probably need to have a thing about whether this forum is right for you.

If only a minority support a date change then the whole issue is a non starter.

23 April. St Georges Day

You know it makes sense. English (and others) national saint whose origins were in the Med/ME. The bringers of civilisation, multiculturalism and booze all on the same day.

Only a rabid bigot could oppose the idea.

Huzzah!!

25042.jpg

The government should just say that there is no other day in the calendar suitable as there are no meaningful enough events on any other day that necessitate a celebration. Those dates that do mark important events in Australia already exist as public holidays: January 1 and April 25.

Therefore if it is so important that there be no public holiday on January 26, then that is the solution. The government should propose that the date will be abolished if that is the consensus, not changed.

That will kill the issue stone dead.

It’s just you and your mate you flog.

It’s a joke this site promotes awareness of depression and anxiety and then allows the two of you too to target specific individuals the way you do me.

And if I am suddenly thread banned or infracted after this exchange, or this is deleted, we will all know this isn’t paranoia or delusion.

Won’t we KV.
Tempted to report to see a melt down haha

The government should just say that there is no other day in the calendar suitable as there are no meaningful enough events on any other day that necessitate a celebration. Those dates that do mark important events in Australia already exist as public holidays: January 1 and April 25.

Therefore if it is so important that there be no public holiday on January 26, then that is the solution. The government should propose that the date will be abolished if that is the consensus, not changed.

That will kill the issue stone dead.
27th of May, referendum for the recognition of Aboriginals in the population of Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SSM was passed with the support of conservatives IIRC and as a result of their preferred platform to get it through being successful.
Spending $122m on an unnecessary plebiscite because they lacked the courage of conviction to allow a conscience vote - and even then Abbott bolted for the door to avoid voting.

I can't help but think Australia Day is something of a blessing in disguise at times.

It's seemingly this day alone that shines a light on the poor treatment of indigenous Australians. I can't think of any other day where their plight gets mentioned.

Would changing the day mean that we no longer have an annual conversation about them?
Perhaps this one:

27th of May, referendum for the recognition of Aboriginals in the population of Australia.
The conversation is a difficult one and I dare say this thread alone demonstrates as such.

I honestly don't give two stuffs about Australia Day, and I imagine there are plenty who think likewise, but I certainly don't support these tools hijacking it for their own purposes. I would support it's retention just to keep it out of the hands of these w***ers.

The aboriginal nations were conquered by a culture with superior technology. It's a fact. Deal with it.

Is there an established termination time for any of this bullshit? FFS, how many Brits sit about whining about the Norman invasion?

Fairly boring legislative change that simply shifted the race powers in full to the Commonwealth, allowing decisions like Hindmarsh Bridge being made against the interests of the indigenous.

27th of May, referendum for the recognition of Aboriginals in the population of Australia only celebrates the recognition of a hand full of Australians by way of their genetic disposition.

Australia Day should be renamed when the country finally becomes a republic.

Im an ALP man fwiw, and at least the ALP can say it has people like Doug Cameron on board that do. Labor should be the natural of working class Australian’s, not the Greens.

Doug Cameron, the man with thick scottish accent?

Fairly boring legislative change that simply shifted the race powers in full to the Commonwealth, allowing decisions like Hindmarsh Bridge being made against the interests of the indigenous.

You're game raising this one. Not exactly a high point in Aboriginal political affairs.

I'd like to put forward the 3rd of March, to mark the day back in 1986 when we became a fully independent nation. Well, nearly fully independent, we just have to fix up the issues with the Head of State living half a world away and the situation where we give over a quarter of our flag to someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back