Greenwood it's your time

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he struggled the game before too. The fumbling and scratchy disposal that ailed him last year.

Stays in my team, but have had a flutter of a worry all week.

People still need to be mindful that due to injuries Brad Crouch has never played more than 12 games in a row.

The club just needs to be patient, Brad has missed a lot of footy and needs constant game time invested into him so that he can adjust and find his feet in the AFL.

Matt >>>>>>> Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt has had consistent games while developing his game. Brad consistently hampered by injuries during his development, has this halted his development? Sure looks like it. Can he recapture his early form from his first year? Who knows.

I think there is a strong chance he will come in for Lynch. Lynch looked very groggy and concussion is now taken very seriously.
I thought new rules dictated that a concussion had to have a week off, didn't port get in trouble for playing a concussed player? Lynch had headaches, was unconscious and doesn't remember what happened. Given his head injury history, I can't give him more than 20% chance of playing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I thought new rules dictated that a concussion had to have a week off, didn't port get in trouble for playing a concussed player? Lynch had headaches, was unconscious and doesn't remember what happened. Given his head injury history, I can't give him more than 20% chance of playing.

I reckon they will give Lynch up till the last fitness test to prove he is ready.

Then bring in Thor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I reckon they will give Lynch up till the last fitness test to prove he is ready.

Then bring in Thor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Unfortunate for Thor he doesn't get the big build up like other rookies seem to get. If Mark O'Connor can get a game for Geelong after 6 months of Aussie Rules, Thor can play after 2 years.

Unfortunate for Thor he doesn't get the big build up like other rookies seem to get. If Mark O'Connor can get a game for Geelong after 6 months of Aussie Rules, Thor can play after 2 years.

O'Conner has most of us Geelong supporters baffled. I think he has only played 4 games of football in his entire life, it is crazy.

I am stoked to see Greenwood elevated. Most clubs elevate so the player can debut, but the Crows to it differently, which is a bit anti-climactic.. Even if he doesn't play this week, at least now he is technically available for selection each week, which is great.

O'Conner has most of us Geelong supporters baffled. I think he has only played 4 games of football in his entire life, it is crazy.

I am stoked to see Greenwood elevated. Most clubs elevate so the player can debut, but the Crows to it differently, which is a bit anti-climactic.. Even if he doesn't play this week, at least now he is technically available for selection each week, which is great.
Adelaide so conservative, I feel for beech. We upgrade for back up.

Being an Emergency is treated as a reward at the club to prove you're on the cusp of selection. Rookies can earn the reward but have to be elevated to receive it. Makes sense but yeah, anti-climatic.

Being an Emergency is treated as a reward at the club to prove you're on the cusp of selection. Rookies can earn the reward but have to be elevated to receive it. Makes sense but yeah, anti-climatic.

Hopefully it won't affect the weather :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, there's a 10-15 min assessment window during a game, which Port breached whilst their head doc was in the rooms seeing to another injured player.

We are extremely conservative, once you're in the side, you've got to be pretty average to lose you're spot. As for Beech, I think he'd be a handy AFL player, but I think he's at the wrong club, we've got far too many other options in our forward line. I reckon he'd be getting games regularly at Port. Similar to Menzel, if he's actually going to have a genuine AFL career, needs to be able to play decent midfield minutes as well as half forward.

Nope, there's a 10-15 min assessment window during a game, which Port breached whilst their head doc was in the rooms seeing to another injured player.
Thanks. Looks like Lynch is closer to 90% now, but we have had 4 or so late withdrawals already this year.

Did Rucci tell you that version of events?

I still remember that game, Hartlett was pretty much knocked out, but it seemed like Port deliberately didn't give a concussion test because they didn't want to lose him for the game. From memory when they interviewed Hartlett walking off at half time and he was barely even coherent with what he was saying.

It was blatantly obvious watching at home and the Vic footy media (who were the ones who brought it to the attention of the AFL) that he was concussed yet Port tried to argue that the doctor looked at him while he was on the bench and said that he didn't believe he was suffering a concussion. If it's that obvious to someone sitting at home that he was concussed then any doctor who tried to claim that Hartlett wasn't concussed was either lying or totally incompetent.

To me it seemed like Port were so desperate to beat Hawthorn that they put Hartlett's health at risk, but as always Rucci was there to sweep it all under the carpet and pretend that it never happened.

Last edited:
Watched the replay and gave special attention to Greenwood at stoppages.
I don't think he's quite used to being the 3rd or 4th in line for the ball just yet because at SANFL level it has been him or nobody to get the clearance. That said as he gets used to the speed of the game he'll start to find more ball and his hands in traffic are exciting.
Also the way he has been making life so much easier for our other mids by just putting his massive frame in the way of the opposition is a breath of fresh air for our side. We haven't had a mid that can absorb body contact and pressure from 3 players like Greenwood does since Dangerfield left.

Last edited:
I love having Greenwood in the team. He was a little quieter last night but he has such great hands and tackles like a beast. We'll probably have to manage his game time a bit but I'd love to see him in the middle in all 1st quarters when he's fresh. Our 1st quarters have been a big problem for us most of the year, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Greenwood in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back