wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Fringe players battling for consistent senior footy or blokes out of form should all be sacked according to Greg.

That's the thing I dislike most about him, his constant delight in going after soft targets that he knows nobody rates.

Classic case couple of weeks ago when he went on and on about how useless Daniel Merrett has been for 2-3 years. Now Merrett has never been considered one of the great defenders and is probably past his best, but the relish Denham got stuck into him was rather pathetic.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
can only assume he has paid a fee for that weekly spot as it makes no sense otherwise for him to be on KBs show

I'm assuming he does it for the free plug of his hotel.

Anyway, my favourite Denham moment was when he said Fevola was no chance to go to Brisbane because they didn't have room under the cap. Then when Fev announced he was going to Brisbane, Greg changed his story, saying Gubby Allan told him they weren't interested in Fev, and that that's why he said he was no chance to go there.

That's the thing I dislike most about him, his constant delight in going after soft targets that he knows nobody rates.

Classic case couple of weeks ago when he went on and on about how useless Daniel Merrett has been for 2-3 years. Now Merrett has never been considered one of the great defenders and is probably past his best, but the relish Denham got stuck into him was rather pathetic.
Yeah well said.
Picks targets where he's never going to get any blow-back.
States the bleedin' obvious

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Interesting to hear Rohan Connolly & Andy Maher and talk quite derisively about Greg Denham’s views on priority picks on SEN earlier in the day (which are referenced in Sando22's post above), with Connolly even saying that Denham just trolls Victorian sides just to get a response from talkback.

If they’re any guide, I think Denham has very little respect amongst his journalist colleagues.

Interesting to hear Rohan Connolly & Andy Maher and talk quite derisively about Greg Denham’s views on priority picks on SEN earlier in the day (which are referenced in Sando22's post above), with Connolly even saying that Denham just trolls Victorian sides just to get a response from talkback.

If they’re any guide, I think Denham has very little respect amongst his journalist colleagues.
Completely agree.
He does all he can to anger supporters of Vic clubs in order to draw callers to the segment.
Wouldn't have too many mates in the industry.
Is on as we speak, "Rohan WILL play at Geelong it's just a matter of when"

Completely agree.
He does all he can to anger supporters of Vic clubs in order to draw callers to the segment.
Wouldn't have too many mates in the industry.
Is on as we speak, "Rohan WILL play at Geelong it's just a matter of when"
Last week he said "Tom McDonald will move to Sydney" ... he's a dribble master.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Yet another example of Denham acting like a tosser - when KB brought up this week that the Lions winning this week against the Blues may save the coach, Denham scoffed repeatedly at the possibility of the Lions winning (or Leppitsch saving his job), acting like it was an impossibility.

Even before the Lions victory I thought Denham was being a tool - Carlton had lost their last 8 and had a shocker the prev week so to act like they were walk-up guarantees was moronic.

Maybe that's why SEN keeps Denham on: so people listen in to enjoy him trying to justify his buffoonish and wrong comments.

Yet another example of Denham acting like a tosser - when KB brought up this week that the Lions winning this week against the Blues may save the coach, Denham scoffed repeatedly at the possibility of the Lions winning (or Leppitsch saving his job), acting like it was an impossibility.

Even before the Lions victory I thought Denham was being a tool - Carlton had lost their last 8 and had a shocker the prev week so to act like they were walk-up guarantees was moronic.

Maybe that's why SEN keeps Denham on: so people listen in to enjoy him trying to justify his buffoonish and wrong comments.
Yeah picks soft targets and is always wrong.
Said the same about Melbourne before we beat Geelong last year. To be fair, we were obviously outsiders but he so confidently badmouths teams before a game as though he's seen the future and knows the result.

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah picks soft targets and is always wrong.
Said the same about Melbourne before we beat Geelong last year. To be fair, we were obviously outsiders but he so confidently badmouths teams before a game as though he's seen the future and knows the result.
That's the most staggering thing. Surely when you only pick easy targets you should be right 95%+ of the time but Denham would be lucky to be 50/50.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would say almost weekly he will scoff and say " please " about Team A beating Team B eg Brisbane beating Carlton on Saturday and I reckon 50% of the time the team he scoffs at ends up winning. But he won West Coast two premierships, so who are we to question his football knowledge?

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Said categorically that Jimmy Bartel is finished and should give it away.

May be the case, but the way this prick says it is just disrespectful and dismissive.

Also said “shave the beard and get a kick”

Bartel one of my favourite non Dog players.

Denham one of my non-favourite 'journalists'

Can't believe he is paid to open his mouth and speak the absolute s**t that he does. There is something deeply wrong with sports journalism in the world when flogs like Denham get paid to dribble and foam utter crap.

Bartel one of my favourite non Dog players.

Denham one of my non-favourite 'journalists'

Can't believe he is paid to open his mouth and speak the absolute s**t that he does. There is something deeply wrong with sports journalism in the world when flogs like Denham get paid to dribble and foam utter crap.
Yeah 100%.
Anyone know which paper he writes for?

*Edit: I assume he can write

The Australian, although I've never even as much as looked at it on the newspaper stand so I'll have to take his word for it.
Yeah can't say I've ever seen one let alone picked one up.
Is it some kind of rare pokemon?

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gary Rohan resigns at Sydney for 3 years yesterday after Denham says for 3 weeks that he'll end up at Geelong ( eventually ) Even clarified yesterday that could be as early as 2017. Denham still can't say he was wrong, just says " oh I was given the wrong information by Geelong ". I'd have so much more respect for journos if they could just admit that they get things wrong.

Gary Rohan resigns at Sydney for 3 years yesterday after Denham says for 3 weeks that he'll end up at Geelong ( eventually ) Even clarified yesterday that could be as early as 2017. Denham still can't say he was wrong, just says " oh I was given the wrong information by Geelong ". I'd have so much more respect for journos if they could just admit that they get things wrong.
Maybe he should have asked Gary or the Swans? Cross checking rumours is so old school I suppose

Our mate this morning.
"Trade week is hard so to say journo's are ever wrong is ridiculous. What we report one day may change by the next if a better deal comes up so we are never wrong so to speak, things change"

I know one thing that won't change Greg and that is you being a ballbag.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did Daniel Merrett shag Denhams wife or something? I've never known another journalist to have continuous cracks at a player who in the world of AFL is an average player in a s**t side.

Did Daniel Merrett shag Denhams wife or something? I've never known another journalist to have continuous cracks at a player who in the world of AFL is an average player in a s**t side.
There is no way there's a woman out there who would have been stupid enough to marry Greg!

Back