Radio Greg Denham **Flog Alert**

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
It's hard to say because some journalists do it for the exposure and some seem to bring sponsors along with them.

Is that where they come from? I've often wondered about this. These guys just appear from nowhere, no credentials, and suddenly they're telling us all what to think as if they're supreme beings with all-encompassing knowledge of the game.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is that where they come from? I've often wondered about this. These guys just appear from nowhere, no credentials, and suddenly they're telling us all what to think as if they're supreme beings with all-encompassing knowledge of the game.

I can't stand most of the journos but they don't come from nowhere. Denham has been a footy journo for a long time. He's still an over opinionated flog though.

Oct 21, 2012
Paddy’s Pub
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham FC
Denham tracing the well worn path to relevance.

Step 1) Start out as a fresh eyed journo whippersnapper with good ideals and strong integrity thinking you'll "make a difference".
Step 2) Realise after 10-15 years you're still a nobody.
Step 3) Throw stones at as many things as possible. "anonymous sources" and "it is understood" are shortkeyed on your keyboard. Congratulations, you are now "hard hitting" and are now known to many many people, albeit as a flog.
Step 4) Temper this notoriety with a few puff pieces and guest slots on *your local foxfooty AFL program*. Although still nobody likes you, your career is taking off.
Step 5) Become Damian Barrett / Hutchy

By his pickled appearance it took Durrham 20 years longer to realise this than everyone else.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
One of the least knowledgeable talking heads in footy.

Nearly drove off the road in 2010 or 11 when he called Chris Yarran a bonafide superstar, was questioned on it, then reiterated the claim.

Emphatically and repeatedly stated the Bulldogs would never win a flag.

Repeatedly.

Hard to be more irritating, ill informed and more opinionated than Robbo, but flog Denham climbs this mountain effortlessly.

Last edited:

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
The only conclusion I can come to regarding Denham is that his whole persona is an act. His role has to be to rile people up in a Trumpesque manner to generate talk back indignation. It’s the only explanation.
Think u r wrong mate. Greg is just misunderstood and is usually spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the least knowledgeable talking heads in footy.

Nearly drove off the road in 2010 or 11 when he called Chris Yarran a bonafide superstar, was questioned on it, then reiterated the claim.

Things could be worse.

Andy Maher called Mitch Robinson a genuine A grader during his time at Carlton

I hit 2 parked cars.

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wish I knew this thread existed in 2017, I could have used the support. The media was lining up to take a huge s**t on the CFC, but nobody spread their butt cheeks, took a deep breath, and forced a larger, stinkier crap on the CFC than Greg **** ****** Denham & Rohan ** **** * ******* ***** Connelly in tandem for one entire hour on SEN mid season. They had some competition that year. Sportsbet came up with a 'Buckley gone' advertisement; 7 News did vox pops outside the G after the loss to the Blues, etc. But in 2017 those two idiots beat all. The fact that I still remember it says enough. An entire hour, barely stopping to take a breath, they picked holes in the player list, the coaching list, and the club in general. And where they couldn't find fault, they'd make something up. Idiots. Completely misinformed. Just making stuff up to pad out an hour of radio. No talkback to set them straight. Pigs in mud, egging each other on. Absolutely devastating, and they proved themselves to be clueless. And Denham's an Eagles fan? There is no god.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
The campaigner picks off the three bottom teams, whoever they may be, yes, an easy target, and just tees off on them. Team rises, he backs off. Lazy campaigner. His treatment of Melbourne was a complete disgrace, oh, hang on The Dees are looking good and you will not hear a word out of his mouth about Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back