Opinion Greg Denham gives a whack to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

ESPN also analysing our season:

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/17144757/where-now-tigers

Two months ago, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick raised eyebrows in some places -- and hearty guffaws in others -- when he suggested the Tigers' current playing list was the best he'd had at his disposal.

At the time, Richmond had just scored encouraging wins over Sydney and Fremantle -- after their horror start to the season -- so perhaps the burst of over-excitement and optimism could be forgiven.

But football analysts less emotionally invested in the Tigers were looking at their squad more objectively and wondering how on earth Hardwick could come to that conclusion.

After the Big Five -- Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Alex Rance and Jack Riewoldt -- the Tiges' list falls away as sharply as the British pound after last month's Brexit vote. In terms of talent, it has not much more depth than a sidewalk puddle.

Now the Tigers sit in 13th place on the ladder with a 7-10 win-loss record, having won one game more than supposed basket-case, Gold Coast.

Which is also the same amount of games that the massive improver Melbourne has currently won, and 1 more game than the "seriously impressive" Carlton has won. :drunk:

Spin goes both ways.

Just has two eyes and isn't in paid employment of the RFC.
That doesn't mean he isn't a condescending, arrogant ******** who rarely knows what he is talking about.
People can say whatever they like about Richmond I couldn't care less.
I just dislike this campaigner.

That doesn't mean he isn't a condescending, arrogant ******** who rarely knows what he is talking about.
People can say whatever they like about Richmond I couldn't care less.
I just dislike this campaigner.
True he vacuums the pedestal he built for himself, however in regards to this story in isolation. Well whats that old adage; even a broken clock is worth two in the bush.

Pretty much the same other than I can't be farked meeting him.

Negativity across most topics pervades this bloke.

And yes 2016 has been a disaster for the club. We will have to wait until next year to see whether Dimma can coach us out of this game plan hell hole and whether our kids are ok.

You are kidding? We have been waiting 7 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have all had a go at the bloke personally, but you really can't argue with anything he said
With the year Richmond's had I reckon we're fair game with anyone from the media at present. And what's to say it won't get uglier in 2017. The club hopefully is nearing the end of its' FD review and should make some changes ASAP.

With the year Richmond's had I reckon we're fair game with anyone from the media at present. And what's to say it won't get uglier in 2017. The club hopefully is nearing the end of its' FD review and should make some changes ASAP.

Not sure everything will be ASAP, we need to recruit for a number of years in the draft before we worry too much about the pointer end of developing into a list in contention

Is/will it be any surprise when media types take a free hit at us? For years none of them have said a bad word because they're matey with Dimma or Dimma's mates in the old boy network. Now that it's obvious and can't be ignored... Campaigners.

You are kidding? We have been waiting 7 years.

His first few years were re-building the list and teaching the squad how to play AFL football.

He has had 3 years of finals...yes with no wins which has been a terrible way to close out a season.

This year has been a disaster and I hold the coaches partly responsible as there has been a complete breakdown in game plan and structures. He has also had bad luck with injuries. List management and drafting has also hurt us.

IMO he has next year to show that he can rectify the gaping hole in our game plan and structures. He has tried to change our game plan to a more free flowing style with no success whatsoever. If he can't do it, he must go.

And yes I am a Hardwick man.

Another week, another negative tiger article, blah blah blah.
It's all,ok tommorow so news will be praising us after our outstanding game today, it's all the press at fault, then the supporters

Really gets on my nerves when he says "turn it up kevin"
More gets on my nerves the way he talks to people. People call up and he talks to them like s**t.
Would love to break his nose.

It's all,ok tommorow so news will be praising us after our outstanding game today, it's all the press at fault, then the supporters
Agree mate.
We deserve all the negative press we get. Just rather it not be done in a real smartarse tone.
I hate smartarses.

His first few years were re-building the list and teaching the squad how to play AFL football.

He has had 3 years of finals...yes with no wins which has been a terrible way to close out a season.

This year has been a disaster and I hold the coaches partly responsible as there has been a complete breakdown in game plan and structures. He has also had bad luck with injuries. List management and drafting has also hurt us.

IMO he has next year to show that he can rectify the gaping hole in our game plan and structures. He has tried to change our game plan to a more free flowing style with no success whatsoever. If he can't do it, he must go.

And yes I am a Hardwick man.

You've been around long enough and seen it enough times when a coach has lost the plot at Richmond.

Any coach with Dusty, Jack, Cotchin, Deledio and Rance at their disposal would have built a much more competitive team. Any coach except this one.

And it doesnt take 7 years to "teach a squad how to play AFL Footy". Take note of the Dogs and the Saints.

You've been around long enough and seen it enough times when a coach has lost the plot at Richmond.

Any coach with Dusty, Jack, Cotchin, Deledio and Rance at their disposal would have built a much more competitive team. Any coach except this one.

And it doesnt take 7 years to "teach a squad how to play AFL Footy". Take note of the Dogs and the Saints.

I don't want a competitive team!! I don't accept mediocrity, I want a premiership!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back