Remove this Banner Ad

BigSexc

BigFooty Protagonist
Oct 7, 2009
BigFooty
AFL Club
Melbourne
http://www.sen.com.au/display-article/Dons-eye-Inglis-coup/8098

We should throw some money at Greg Inglis. he could start with us now and develop for the rest of the season, have a HUGE preseason then we could play him at full forward next year.

the man is a beast, a monster.. would strike fear in ALL backmen, no one would stand in the hole in front of him.. not even mush-for-brains glenn archer would have

would get on well with sylvia too:thumbsu:

Essendon chief executive Ian Robson says Essendon has not made an offer to Rugby League star Greg Inglis, but would hold talks should he express an interest in switching codes.

Media reports suggested Essendon has already made Inglis an offer, but Robson insists those assertions are false.

“We are always looking for opportunities to bring elite-level athletes to the club, particularly during a period when the game is under-going significant expansion," Robson told essendonfc.com.au.

“We haven’t put an offer to Greg but should he express an interest in playing AFL football we would like to be at the front of what would be a long queue.”

The news comes as Israel Folou today decides whether to sign on with the new Rugby Union franchise the Melbourne Rebels, stay with the Brisbane Broncos or join the AFL with Greater Western Sydney on a deal worth a reported $3 million dollars over 3 years.

dont think the club has the kind of cash to throw ridicolous money at "experiements"

Where is this money coming from? aren't we paying the full cap this year font ending contracts?

He will/ is offered $500-600 plus from the rebels union franchise so any afl club would need to top that

^ if we did go after him, his salary would come outside the cap... its a loophole in the system if you havent played aussie rules in 3 years

30sy9hv.jpg

^ if we did go after him, his salary would come outside the cap... its a loophole in the system if you havent played aussie rules in 3 years
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that if you haven't played for any club in 3 years you can be added to a list without the need for drafting, but the money still had to go under the cap.

would bring money and members to the clubs, not to mention fans through the gate.

Greg Inglis would pay for himself 10 x over

If we wanted that we would of grabbed naita instead of watts.
We are building a football side not a freak show

Not saying I agree with the idea but, it would be payed outside of the salary cap & at least 60% of the money would be paid by the AFL ( sponsors would easily cover the balance)... He would generate a certain amount of extra income to the club & curiousity value, so it shouldn't be written off as a hair brain idea just yet...

What size & weight is he ????

Has he been seen trying aussie rules, like Billy Slater ???? He is supposed to have alot of the attributes to play aussie rules at a high level (not saying afl level)...

Why not explore the idea if it doesn't cost us much... ( I can't believe I am actually on the same page as BS on this one)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be worth a look. However you'd want to be sure he would make it and make an impact if you're gonna pay him that much. Pretty sure he's 195 cm and 102 kgs they said last night so a key position, maybe ruckman. Pretty happy with what we have atm but if he was available and cheap and our recruiters thought he was worth the punt then why not. Doubt he would leave rugby tho

if we did manage to snag inglis... which is most unlikely
I would stick him at full back or as ruck rover
i dont think he would make it as a ruckman ... he just in not tall enough
Plus we have enough big units coming through over next t 1- 2 years to cover that position. Max gawn is going to be a beast !:thumbsu:

Winning gets people through the gate, not gimmick players. I don't think the league is going to part with cash to promote the game here - GC and WS are only getting it because there's every chance they'll have nine fans otherwise.

Winning gets people through the gate, not gimmick players. I don't think the league is going to part with cash to promote the game here - GC and WS are only getting it because there's every chance they'll have nine fans otherwise.

Look at Ben Cousins; not saying he's a gimmick, but he brought a lot of fans through the gates, not to mention guernsey sales as well as Tiger memberships, and he's had relatively no impact, even though the tigers are struggling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back