Greg williams is the goat prove me wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldnt be surprised if Dylan Grimes had a Bruce Doull shrine in a secret room at his joint.
Not a shrine, just a raggedy doormat that he gives a knowing smile on the way into the house every day.

Greg Williams was a gun just like hundreds of other superstars to have played the game

Nothing to do with this Williams won multiple flags brownlows and norms..
Multiple norms? Did he win one? Honestly don't know. Great player think people have forgotten how good he was. But cant say he was the best ever

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Always have to make sure people aren't talking about a different Greg Williams when they claim he was a brilliantly efficient user of the footy. Would've won at least a second flag at Carlton if it was true, check the tape from '93. Powerful kick and handball but rarely clever. Seemed like a pretty selfish teammate too.

I'll personally take Peter Matera in the midfield any day, never mind he mostly spent his time on the wing. Not fair to punish somebody just because they can actually run fast. Or can jump high (like Paul Kelly). Or spent a chunk of their career playing in another league (like Craig Bradley).

None of these guys really deserve to be placed on a level above or below each other, basically just comes down to a matter of taste. All we know for sure is these GOAT discussions originated as a rite of passage to pump up the player of the moment, thus this thread is merely a disrespectful attempt to usher some of the limelight away from Dustin Martin (and possibly Gary Ablett Jr too).
Multiple norms? Did he win one? Honestly don't know.
Did win one, on his birthday (useless trivia that has stuck in my head for some reason).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was to choose between GAJ and Williams.

Williams wins hands down. Brilliant on both feet, very good hand baller and a tough in and under player.

GAJ is good but not the best player I have seen. Williams does enter that equation, with other guys like Carey, Lockett, Dunstall and Harvey.

My Hawthorn bias has Sam Mitchell in front of GAJ though.

Both played midfield. Different roles sure.

One played on the wing the other was a ball magnet. The only thing they had in common I guess was that neither of them was a forward or a defender. Midfield I guess strictly by definition as they both played in the middle third of the field but that is about where it ends

One played on the wing the other was a ball magnet. The only thing they had in common I guess was that neither of them was a forward or a defender. Midfield I guess strictly by definition as they both played in the middle third of the field but that is about where it ends

Since when is the centreline not considered part of the midfield? When we talk greatest defenders of all time do we not consider Doull because he had a different role to Scarlett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back