Greg williams is the goat prove me wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Right. We're making progress. When we talk about the onballers whats the difference between a rover and a ruck/rover? Where does the centreman come into play? Or the wingmen? They are all midfielders. Yes, even the ruckman but they are a different beast because they have a whole special contest just for them.

We say Tulip and Matera are two of the greatest wingmen of all time because we can. We can also say Bunton Snr and Cable are two of the greatest rovers of all time. Theyre all still midfielders. But opening up from the positional to the more general grouping of midfield lets other players into the conversation.

Just like we were talking about the backmen.

No it doesn't. If we're having a conversation about the best ever midfielder it's going to be centremen, ruck rovers and rovers, Eagles supporters will thrown Dean Cox into the mix just because they can. I would never have Greig, Flower or Matera in the conversation for the best ever midfielder, some might, I certainly wouldn't.

No it doesn't. If we're having a conversation about the best ever midfielder it's going to be centremen, ruck rovers and rovers, Eagles supporters will thrown Dean Cox into the mix just because they can. I would never have Greig, Flower or Matera in the conversation for the best ever midfielder, some might, I certainly wouldn't.

Thats great. But im not the one asking to redefine what the midfield is. You are. And until you are successful with your campaign wingmen are a part of the midfield.

Luke Hodge is the best player ever.

For all round impact. For individual talent there are many ahead.

But his 2014 GF performance was just enormous. The way he and Clarko prepared the team and the way he played was just out of this world.

The winner was split in terms pf predictions, but noone would have thought we would come out so hard the game was over 10 minutes in to the 2nd quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back