GremioPower's Oval [in pictures]

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the type of player I'd love watching!
This is technically the most difficult goal I have ever seen kicked in footy. It shouldn't have been a goal. In 2007 it should have been goal of the year but because Matthew Lloyd did a 5m backward drop kick he won goal of the year ie he bounced the ball swung his left leg around the ball and then swung his leg back and taped it with his heel from 5m out.

Jason Dunstall the commentator who right at the end says that's a one in a million sort of opportunity, kicked 1,254 goals in his AFL career, actually says NO, NO, NO, YOU CAN'T DO THAT in the original commentary. You will note around the 0:28 mark in the video has been spliced and about a minute is missing.

I was at the Gabba that night and near the goals at the other end and I was stunned as were most the crowd. We won that game by 7 pts - after being up by 4 goals at 3/4 time.

GremioPower you will have to get you young fella to try to kick like that once he has mastered the round ball. The oval ball allows for a lot more tricks, and f*ck ups as well.

Home of the Uraguaiana Power Goannas.

goanna.jpg

This is technically the most difficult goal I have ever seen kicked in footy. It shouldn't have been a goal. In 2007 it should have been goal of the year but because Matthew Lloyd did a 5m backward drop kick he won goal of the year ie he bounced the ball swung his left leg around the ball and then swung his leg back and taped it with his heel from 5m out.

Jason Dunstall the commentator who right at the end says that's a one in a million sort of opportunity, kicked 1,254 goals in his AFL career, actually says NO, NO, NO, YOU CAN'T DO THAT in the original commentary. You will note around the 0:28 mark in the video has been spliced and about a minute is missing.

I was at the Gabba that night and near the goals at the other end and I was stunned as were most the crowd. We won that game by 7 pts - after being up by 4 goals at 3/4 time.

GremioPower you will have to get you young fella to try to kick like that once he has mastered the round ball. The oval ball allows for a lot more tricks, and f*ck ups as well.

Yes, I also think of that as the best (or luckiest) goal I have seen. Could be seen as luck, but he did many exception kicks around that time.

Who would have thought we'd have competition for the title of No.1 Brazilian Power fan.

Hopefully it is not offensive to either of the gentlemen to say I would rather judge the competition for the best Brazilian Power fans than the Power fans best Brazilian. (thanks again to dingle for the memories)

I thank both of you for sharing your experiences.I for one love hearing people's stories of how they came to the club. Would be great to have either of you as part of the clubs member since promotion I think.

I have a bucket list to get to some famous sports grounds or events would getting to Alberton or Adelaide Oval be like that for either of you?

Hopefully you get here one day. I am sure that big footy Ports members would ensure you wouldn't struggle for a beer. You could recognise us by the Ports hats and that we all look a bit like Chris Hemsworth.

Hopefully it is not offensive to either of the gentlemen to say I would rather judge the competition for the best Brazilian Power fans than the Power fans best Brazilian. (thanks again to dingle for the memories)

I thank both of you for sharing your experiences.I for one love hearing people's stories of how they came to the club. Would be great to have either of you as part of the clubs member since promotion I think.

I have a bucket list to get to some famous sports grounds or events would getting to Alberton or Adelaide Oval be like that for either of you?

Hopefully you get here one day. I am sure that big footy Ports members would ensure you wouldn't struggle for a beer. You could recognise us by the Ports hats and that we all look a bit like Chris Hemsworth.

Let's say that "stadia" was an item of my honeymoon trip planning...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was my favourite bit:

"I read forums shitpost on BigFooty."
That's on Loukas. His editing flatters me quite a bit. ;-)

Bigfooty catch up at the GDV when Gremio is in town. We can discuss the subtle art of Neymar diving as well. :D
Harry Kane's penalty against Colombia is an example of why diving is an art!

Good article. Now to wait for #fagespositivespindoctor reply about a Chilean crows supporter.

There is an AmericanCrow at BigFooty.

There was a crows BrasilIan supporter story on their website and in the Advertiser sometime between diegodcg joining big footy and GremioPower joining big footy.

That's a great article Gremio and nice to be along for the ride here on bigfooty. Your passion for learning and curious nature are great traits!

Hope you get to make it over to Adelaide for a game one day, I'm sure our local bigfootyheads and club will welcome you and your family with open arms.

Love this comment... "SPP's natural habitat - he joins the melees as if he owns them—and he probably does own them"

Hope you get the opportunity to see him in the flesh soon.

Multi sport rivalry across continents. Gotta love it. I am pretty sure the Adelaide Bigfooty board were involved in that campaign to raise funds to bring him to Oz to watch a game. Dont think he has made it here yet.
I am looking for people who might know both of us...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back