Toast Gresham AND Carlisle for pick #6 and #29 (after Academy & F/S)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it was 6 & 7.
Still happy with that decision
Definitely 4 and 7 but pretty sure our second pick was included the deal fell through because Melbourne would of taken Brayshaw and Paddy if pick 1 was used on Petracca and the idea was to upgrade our second and still get the guy we wanted at number 1
But imagine a team with Hogan and Paddy in it going forward

Doesn't matter now but I do recall 4 and 7.
Can anyone clarify out of interest?
Either way, happy with #Paddygun
In another draft I probably would have taken the two picks but it was just because we needed the key position star instead of risking it and possibly missing Wright if he was there.
If we knew membrey and Bruce we're going to be guns we may have traded it and gotten Wright but we didn't know he would be available to were he lasted.
GWS were just keen to get Petracca on their hands a brilliant talent wouldn't have taken Pad anyway

If he is so good why cant he crack the seniors ahead of the hacks playing there?
Good question must be close
Can't deny he's a great prospect but yet to deliver anything other than a flukey vfl goal that doesn't mean anything

The reason Francis hasn't been playing in the seniors is because he has been injured. He has shown good signs in the seconds after recently coming back from injury and to be honest he looks like he will become a good player in the future. Morgan as well has had a few soft tissue injuries and is finding his feet at VFL level (Has only managed like 3-4 games).

Carlisle is a great pick up for you guys and I'm glad Gresham is doing well. KPPs don't grow on trees and if Jake has completely got over his physical injuries he has had in his career and is 100 percent committed, I believe you will have one of the best (If not the best) CHB's in the league.

For what it's worth, at the time I was happy with the trade because I was worried we were going to get absolutely bend over before the start of the trade season. I would have preferred to have kept Jake, because I honestly believe with the right attitude he could easily become one of the best players in the competition. I think both sides of supporters will get a lot out of this trade. For Essendon supporters, I think the idea of high draft picks gives them something positive to look forward to and gives them some hope for what would have been a hard period in their football supporting life (I know I'm on the St Kilda board and I'm not looking for sympathy). As most of you would already know most Essendon supporters are entitled and obnoxious and fact they think they won a trade by receiving one high pick for a young proven CHB tells you their football knowledge is not that great.

The reason Francis hasn't been playing in the seniors is because he has been injured. He has shown good signs in the seconds after recently coming back from injury and to be honest he looks like he will become a good player in the future. Morgan as well has had a few soft tissue injuries and is finding his feet at VFL level (Has only managed like 3-4 games).

Carlisle is a great pick up for you guys and I'm glad Gresham is doing well. KPPs don't grow on trees and if Jake has completely got over his physical injuries he has had in his career and is 100 percent committed, I believe you will have one of the best (If not the best) CHB's in the league.

For what it's worth, at the time I was happy with the trade because I was worried we were going to get absolutely bend over before the start of the trade season. I would have preferred to have kept Jake, because I honestly believe with the right attitude he could easily become one of the best players in the competition. I think both sides of supporters will get a lot out of this trade. For Essendon supporters, I think the idea of high draft picks gives them something positive to look forward to and gives them some hope for what would have been a hard period in their football supporting life (I know I'm on the St Kilda board and I'm not looking for sympathy). As most of you would already know most Essendon supporters are entitled and obnoxious and fact they think they won a trade by receiving one high pick for a young proven CHB tells you their football knowledge is not that great.
Nobody got bent ovet in the trade, that is the whole point. There doesnt have to be a win lose in a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as Francis and Morgan.

lol. Francis and Morgan cant even make your pathetic seniors. Great selections:thumbsu:
Lol. Francis and Morgan have been injured and have only played about 3-4 games this year. Not sure why we would bring them in if theyre still trying to get their body right

Class post. Welcome any time imo!

Any chance you can coach the other Essendon posters loitering on this thread.
Think they are some of the ones you referred to.;)

Last edited:
I agree. With the whole saga and talk of players walking for nothing, I was really only hoping for a fair deal.

Think both Essendon and Saints got a fair deal. We got a 200cm backman and a very good mid.
Francis highly rated, dont know about Morgan at all

Essendon and St Kilda supporters not sticking to the thread topic will be carded
(this is not a Billings thread, nor a Membrey thread and it definitely isn't a Parish thread)

Anyone wishing to continue the trolling / bay thirteen stuff are welcome to do so in this thread

If people are gonna nitpick that it was 5 and 24. I'd much rather you call it 6 and 29 and received 18.

No point on speculating who "won" the trade if there is even such a thing. but getting Gresham as part of it means the trade was well worth it for us and we look like a better team from the trade, that's the goal right? Why should we give two shits about what essendon got when we are better off this way.

If people are gonna nitpick that it was 5 and 24. I'd much rather you call it 6 and 29 and received 18.

No point on speculating who "won" the trade if there is even such a thing. but getting Gresham as part of it means the trade was well worth it for us and we look like a better team from the trade, that's the goal right? Why should we give two shits about what essendon got when we are better off this way.

by the way, who was picked at 29?

Sorry for intruding but don't you guys think it's a bit early to celebrate you 'victory'? Carlisle could turn out to be a spud, Francis and Morgan are yet to debut and along with Gresham are still in their first year. Things can go wrong (Scott Gumbleton) and I think you should start parading in a couple of years if you do indeed win the trade. Anyway just for shits and giggles I'm posting this.

I loved my brief sojourn on your board; watching you revelling in faded past glories, and crying salty salty tears of bitterness...

The constant refrain of '[we] can't win flags' may be true, but at least we never wholesale cheated to do it. You lot can't even decide how you want to cheat;

"What will it be this year, ladies and gentlemen; will it be the salary cap, PEDs? Stay tuned for the next shocking twist in 'Asterisk: The Essendon Story'..."

No one has 'won' the trade, no one needs to, that's not really how trading works. But at least when the Saints finally salute, I'll know we got there the right way.

Jog on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back