Toast Gresham re-signs until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Newnes is the one that interests me. There hasn't been any news on him staying or going, and being a free agent means its easier for him.
May seem like an insignificant signing, but him returning to full fitness and finding form has made a major difference this year. I would hate to lose him.

Newnes is the one that interests me. There hasn't been any news on him staying or going, and being a free agent means its easier for him.
May seem like an insignificant signing, but him returning to full fitness and finding form has made a major difference this year. I would hate to lose him.

He is a RFA, better than being an UFA.

I don't think he'll leave. After our win over the Suns, he just looked so happy. Tossed the ball high in the air and was running around wildly. He seems like a really heart-and-soul type player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good coin for a young fella. Not extreme money. Actually seems to be very reasonable for both club & player.
Performance incentives on top of that too. I like it.

You would think only flight chance there is billings. Must get him next.

Paul Connors though.

We will have to re-sign all the other players first, then Paul Connors is the final boss we need to beat to get Billings over the line.

hqdefault.jpg

You’re joking, right? That’s dirt cheap given how rapidly he has reached this already high level since debut. Especially compared to the alleged $900K offered to Billings.

Do you have any insight as to how Jade and Jack regard the club? It seems like Jade has “bought in” more, so to speak. I can’t blame Jack (or anyone) for vying for top dollar, but if Billings is after $900K on exposed and prior form as is, then I’d hate to know what he’d be chasing if he had a start like Gresham.

Wow, that's a very good deal for the club if true.
You’re joking, right? That’s dirt cheap given how rapidly he has reached this already high level since debut. Especially compared to the alleged $900K offered to Billings.

Do you have any insight as to how Jade and Jack regard the club? It seems like Jade has “bought in” more, so to speak. I can’t blame Jack (or anyone) for vying for top dollar, but if Billings is after $900K on exposed and prior form as is, then I’d hate to know what he’d be chasing if he had a start like Gresham.
No, you'll probably find these days that a lot of players have a good chunk of additional incentive based on performance. Lead the goal kicking, finish top 3 in B&F, play a certain number of games, etc etc. 625 a year is reasonable for someone his age. His next contract will probably be around a million or just over I'd say.

They both love the club. I think JB isn't too far away. Very very confident that he will stay.

No, you'll probably find these days that a lot of players have a good chunk of additional incentive based on performance. Lead the goal kicking, finish top 3 in B&F, play a certain number of games, etc etc. 625 a year is reasonable for someone his age. His next contract will probably be around a million or just over I'd say.

They both love the club. I think JB isn't too far away. Very very confident that he will stay.
625 seems reasonable for a 21 year old no doubt, but I think it'll look cheap as chips when he's half way through which is why I was a bit surprised he signed for 4 and not 2.

You are right though, we don't know what else is factored into the contract. He might get an extra 300 when he wins the brownlow.

625 seems reasonable for a 21 year old no doubt, but I think it'll look cheap as chips when he's half way through which is why I was a bit surprised he signed for 4 and not 2.

You are right though, we don't know what else is factored into the contract. He might get an extra 300 when he wins the brownlow.
Yeah I don't know what the bonuses look like but they must be pretty attainable if he is happy with that. Also I think it works in our favour too because it helps with our cap. So he could've also done it so we can afford to either keep the players we have ie Billings and Carlisle who are OOC, or have enough leftover to bring quality from other clubs.

Fantastic news. Hope some moderation has been shown so we can keep a strong overall SC position long term. Need more guns!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back