Toast Gresham re-signs until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you'll probably find these days that a lot of players have a good chunk of additional incentive based on performance. Lead the goal kicking, finish top 3 in B&F, play a certain number of games, etc etc. 625 a year is reasonable for someone his age. His next contract will probably be around a million or just over I'd say.

They both love the club. I think JB isn't too far away. Very very confident that he will stay.
i just want billings to stay for more than 2 years.

Four years - that’s great news!

Shows real confidence in the direction - especially after reading on here that he apparently had some doubts (understandably) at the end of last year.

Now we just really need JB and Marshall to sign on the dotted line to add to Gresh and DMac and that is a very good re-sign haul so far.

Awesome!!!!! Best news all year.

And how good is it he didn’t just sign the old 2 year contract? What a legend!!

The 4 year deal caught my eye......longer than I thought it would be.

Great stuff Gresh.

Well done.

Yeah I don't know what the bonuses look like but they must be pretty attainable if he is happy with that. Also I think it works in our favour too because it helps with our cap. So he could've also done it so we can afford to either keep the players we have ie Billings and Carlisle who are OOC, or have enough leftover to bring quality from other clubs.
Must be hard for list managers to manage the salary cap if there are too many 'incentive contracts' to juggle as they would all be counted in 'total player payments'.

Are you responsible for the George ?

View attachment 670218
Unfortunately not haha

Must be hard for list managers to manage the salary cap if there are too many 'incentive contracts' to juggle as they would all be counted in 'total player payments'.
Becoming the norm now I think. There's some weird clauses in contracts in sports now, I know in the NFL they have 'loyalty' clauses because of how common it is to see a player not stay throughout his contract period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Becoming the norm now I think. There's some weird clauses in contracts in sports now, I know in the NFL they have 'loyalty' clauses because of how common it is to see a player not stay throughout his contract period.
I guess that's the culture over there. Loyalty to the club is still somewhat a thing here at least.

Thread needs more Barrels ...
images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back