Greyhound Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Track specific performances are very important. Speed tracks v 2 turn tracks for example. Goulburn is a good example of a track that some quality dogs just don’t handle vs. lower quality dogs who corner well there.

I’d compare 400m greys races to 1000m gallops. The 330ish like a 900 and anything under 300 a 800. So basically the shorter the race the more unpredictable it is. Dogs might have great first splits but only actually ping the lids 1 in 3 starts.

520-565 more like a mile. Draws and early speed still important, but more often than the shorter races the better dog will get the win.

Like the gallops you’ll cop a lot more funny business at out wide joints than you would at say a Sandown or Wenty.

The Super Series final at the Gardens looks the premier dog race in the country today.

The three variable form analysis gives you the top two in the market #2 and #5 but the #5 is a $1.45 shot and they are both owned by the same guy saw who knows what kind of shenanigans will eventuate.

Maybe the #2 a place is an ok bet but I'll just watch them go around.

Couldn't find anything good in the sports bonus bet races today

The Super Series final at the Gardens looks the premier dog race in the country today.

The three variable form analysis gives you the top two in the market #2 and #5 but the #5 is a $1.45 shot and they are both owned by the same guy saw who knows what kind of shenanigans will eventuate.

Maybe the #2 a place is an ok bet but I'll just watch them go around.

Couldn't find anything good in the sports bonus bet races today

So the #2 had every possible and ran really poorly and the #5 got cleaned up.

Fear not - I have found one in the WA Derby trails tonight for the ultimate Canno get out

Tommy Shelby racing again Saturday night. getting in early at B365 $3.50
He's drawn the awkward box and so markets have been priced accordingly, but this dog handles all boxes well and he should have the speed to get to the front. Only 1 that can match him early is the 3 dog, but its still new to the track and even if Shelby doesn't cross early he is the best dog at moving through traffic.
Time to change the profile to bring the superstitious luck.

R4 Mandy:
Incredible Thor. Bit of a shittty race, but this dog has early speed, boxes to its left and right are both very slow. Hope it can find the front early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no luck, 1 more for tonight.
Sandown R8
You tell me (6)
Going against the great hooked on scotch, thought it was less than impressive last start, got this 1 in my blackbook...
Nice Winner.. interesting stuff may have to get in on this dogs caper...especially when TAB keep offering me money back on all races at sandown park on a Thursday.

Nice Winner.. interesting stuff may have to get in on this dogs caper...especially when TAB keep offering me money back on all races at sandown park on a Thursday.

I've found dogs to be a lot more predictable than most imagine, especially the higher quality races with smart dogs who know how to avoid trouble. Still, you get that 25% where it all goes wrong and the $41 pop ends up doing a Bradbury

A couple I'll be watching in the Sandown Cup heats tonight

R5 #1
R7 #5

R5 #1 - every possible and you have to say dissapointing for a dog of this quality
R7 #5 - got shuffled back to last in traffic and stormed home for second (although the winner bolted in)

Ladbrokes Super Series Final at Richmond tonight

#3 EBBY INFRARED ticks all the boxes in my 3 variable model - best track time, fastest jump, and 4 wins from 7 out of the #3 box.
Nice to bad i multied it into another fav that came 2nd 🤦🏽‍♂️

The races after Tommy at Cannington tonight are the Oaks trials and the one that struck my fancy is

R5 #1 Mermaid Monelli - coming off a poor run but her best should see her first out and first home here.

Tonight’s the night for Tommy.
still $3.30... it’s a good price. I’m anticipating him to be around $2.60-$2.70 by the jump
Usually like box 1 in finals. Especially if they can jump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back