Greyhound Racing

The races after Tommy at Cannington tonight are the Oaks trials and the one that struck my fancy is

R5 #1 Mermaid Monelli - coming off a poor run but her best should see her first out and first home here.

Mermaid jumped and led easily but went full Kem in the straight. Could be time for the pit

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Came up a against a future star in Catchy, that dog is running some phenomenal times & was a length off the track record! Couldn’t believe he jumped at $3!
Yep. Underestimated that dog.
It’s now the favourite for the Melb cup. And fair enough too. Ultra impressive run

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Got a blackbooker that I think looks pretty good tonight
R5 Cann #3 - Squillionaire

The 4 dog is favourite and he does have a very fast PB, but that was over 1 year ago and his recent times are nothing alike and on recent 1st sectionals there is little chance it can cross the 3. I think Squillionare can bounce to the front and lead all the way. Only danger is the 1 dog sitting behind and chasing it down. But $3 ill have a bite. Also looking at 1,3 boxed exacta as the favourite is poison

*Please tail at your own risk if you are going to do so

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Ive found that B365 have the best opening lines on dogs, but then closer to the race Ladbrokes will have the best odds as they give a nice odds boost.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Got a blackbooker that I think looks pretty good tonight
R5 Cann #3 - Squillionaire

The 4 dog is favourite and he does have a very fast PB, but that was over 1 year ago and his recent times are nothing alike and on recent 1st sectionals there is little chance it can cross the 3. I think Squillionare can bounce to the front and lead all the way. Only danger is the 1 dog sitting behind and chasing it down. But $3 ill have a bite. Also looking at 1,3 boxed exacta as the favourite is poison

*Please tail at your own risk if you are going to do so

the sort of race where the TV remote gets shattered to pieces
7.5K trifecta. ffs.

Sandown Cup tonight - BLAZING CARTIER looks to have drawn the best of those I liked out of the heats so will be on it to take the chocolates.

Also think the #3 CHA CHA CHARLIE can kick us off with a win in the first (bonus bet race).

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
My favourite Sandown Cup memory was the year Miata ran. I think she was $1.20 favorite. On course competition was a barrel draw for 8 attendees to have a runner in the cup. Prize was a new car. Miata bombed the start, race over

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
1U - Duck Norris (7) Mandy R7 $6 Ladbrokes

#1 a deserving favourite after last start, but my blackbooker here has drawn poor boxes in its last few runs, comes into box 7 tonight and it likes a wide draw. There isn't much early speed in this race. It can hopefuly cart to the lead and lead all the way, the 1 will be there at the finish but at the price ill have a look and hope it can hang on.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
must have been some super glue in the box, crawled out... it was mustering, but still scratching it off the blackbook

Race 6 at Richmond tonight is gonna be a ripper.

Fever Fury
Blue Somebody
Almost Time

Almost Time from the squeeze box, but has won eight of its 15 starts, including eight of its 12 starts at the track. It has also finished second in the four races it has failed to win at the track. Could be the value and may be able to get it at $5 - $6 on the Fair.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Race 6 at Richmond tonight is gonna be a ripper.

Fever Fury
Blue Somebody
Almost Time

Almost Time from the squeeze box, but has won eight of its 15 starts, including eight of its 12 starts at the track. It has also finished second in the four races it has failed to win at the track. Could be the value and may be able to get it at $5 - $6 on the Fair.

Interesting race. Fever Fury looks a hit and miss from the boxes, Almost Time a more consistent beginner but he probably still has trouble crossing the 2. Looks like the 8 dog will lead this race, think its worth including in exotics. 2,3,4 are all pacey so could be some bother if they are bunched. $14 Ladbrokes is tempting. He will need atleast 2-3 lengths on them early though.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Wow haha. That’s unreal.
I’m a big fan of Levitzke. I think of all the greyhound callers he has the best tips. I see him regularly tipping >$10 pops.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Just quietly there are some really good dogs racing at Cannington tonight.
Tommy Shelby is racing in R5. Some may have lost confidence in him after last run, but ive still got my faith. However I don't like the set-up for him this race. Hes boxed in 7 and box 6 is one of the fastest starting dogs in WA, so he will struggle to cross to the rail. So I understand the betting drift. Ill pass and just watch this one with interest.
Catch the Thief is racing in R4 and understandably is the hot fav. Really hard to make a case against him after last weeks blistering run. Campini (8) actually holds the track record at Cannington, but he is a fair beginner and his recent times are nowhere near what he was running early in the year. But on his best night he can give it a good shake. Probably pass on this race too.
Zack Monelli in R1 is the one I have my eye on here. The way he races he gives the impression that stepping up to 600M will really suit him as he hits the line at 520M really really strongly. He is a very good dog, what hurts him is he is average out of the boxes, but in a smaller field (6 runners) he will be further suited. Everything is in his favour for this race. The 1 is also a very good dog, but I think Zack Monelli wins this race atleast 60-65% of the time.
Can get $2.20 on SB with an odds boost.

Just quietly there are some really good dogs racing at Cannington tonight.
Tommy Shelby is racing in R5. Some may have lost confidence in him after last run, but ive still got my faith. However I don't like the set-up for him this race. Hes boxed in 7 and box 6 is one of the fastest starting dogs in WA, so he will struggle to cross to the rail. So I understand the betting drift. Ill pass and just watch this one with interest.
Catch the Thief is racing in R4 and understandably is the hot fav. Really hard to make a case against him after last weeks blistering run. Campini (8) actually holds the track record at Cannington, but he is a fair beginner and his recent times are nowhere near what he was running early in the year. But on his best night he can give it a good shake. Probably pass on this race too.
Zack Monelli in R1 is the one I have my eye on here. The way he races he gives the impression that stepping up to 600M will really suit him as he hits the line at 520M really really strongly. He is a very good dog, what hurts him is he is average out of the boxes, but in a smaller field (6 runners) he will be further suited. Everything is in his favour for this race. The 1 is also a very good dog, but I think Zack Monelli wins this race atleast 60-65% of the time.
Can get $2.20 on SB with an odds boost.
Gees, 3/3. Well done.

Back