GRFL 2011 PRE season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: GRFL Part 3

Hey boys, so now it comes to silly season, and was wondering if there are any movements yet??? Have heard Greg Dickson has been offered the Wandella coaching gig, and knocked it back, Nathan Wilson from Kerang been offered money at both Quambatook and Moulamein, and also Nully will be going pretty hard in the recruiting. Got anything yet??

Hey boys, so now it comes to silly season, and was wondering if there are any movements yet??? Have heard Greg Dickson has been offered the Wandella coaching gig, and knocked it back, Nathan Wilson from Kerang been offered money at both Quambatook and Moulamein, and also Nully will be going pretty hard in the recruiting. Got anything yet??

Bedgy to leave Nully???

Good kid Nathan and good footballer but i dont think the money, no matter how much, will get him to move. A long drive in either direction, i believe would not interest him in the slightest. However he is a back to back premiership player for Kerang (2's 2009 and 1's 2010) and is progressing well, does he have the motivation to step it up elsewhere:confused::D
ROOTA, on Bedgood,the bloke isnt going to stitch up another club only to backflip again is he:thumbsdown:

Good kid Nathan and good footballer but i dont think the money, no matter how much, will get him to move. A long drive in either direction, i believe would not interest him in the slightest. However he is a back to back premiership player for Kerang (2's 2009 and 1's 2010) and is progressing well, does he have the motivation to step it up elsewhere:confused::D
ROOTA, on Bedgood,the bloke isnt going to stitch up another club only to backflip again is he:thumbsdown:

I am pretty sure bedgie has been at nully for 2.5 years so i think he wouldnt stitch them up if he left anyway. But you would never no what he is up 2. it is still the silly season

I am pretty sure bedgie has been at nully for 2.5 years so i think he wouldnt stitch them up if he left anyway. But you would never no what he is up 2. it is still the silly season

I think he was getting at what happened at Lalbert the other year. I was only stirring anyway. I hope the big fella stays at Nully. He plays his best footy over there and seems to be genuinely happy there. I just hope he can setttle down a bit with all the talk of changing clubs each pre season and just stay over there:thumbsu:

Dicko been offered a few coaching jobs but looks like stayn in kerang.Who's coaching who in golden rivers macorna have metro,murrabit still have billy?,nulli? wandella ???

Dicko been offered a few coaching jobs but looks like stayn in kerang.Who's coaching who in golden rivers macorna have metro,murrabit still have billy?,nulli? wandella ???

From reports Dickson has resigned with Kerang. Wandella coaching job nearly tied up, not sure who but they are hoping to recruit a coach by the end of this week and a couple others to account for their departures. Moulamein recruiting heavily so far, going after a lot of young blokes, Kerang young blokes. Not sure if they will be successful or not but they are trying.
From the old thread- As for Bryden Morison, very likely to join his old coach Filo at P-hill I would think, both he and his younger brother Dylan, who has also been linked to Moulamein.

That's what I have heard so far:thumbsu:

Any word on the coaching gig at Ultima. Apparantly it has been known for quite some time that Mahon was not going to be playing or coaching in 2011 so I owuld have thought they would be straight onto the ball with recruiting a replacement. Or perhaps they will just upgrade an existing player?

Just another one for silly season, Peter Morris linked to old man Filo at the hill!!!! I'd like to see that!

Poodle's body is about to fall apart... Doubt if he will go on after getting that elusive Premiership medallion.

Here is one for the press... Joel Osbrough to Wandella. His old man coached a flag out there in '93. So maybe Joel would like to follow in his old man's footsteps and maybe get a flag in the balck and red stripes sometime in the next few years....

Poodle's body is about to fall apart... Doubt if he will go on after getting that elusive Premiership medallion.

Here is one for the press... Joel Osbrough to Wandella. His old man coached a flag out there in '93. So maybe Joel would like to follow in his old man's footsteps and maybe get a flag in the balck and red stripes sometime in the next few years....

Some sort of replacement for Callow perhaps?

Heard of any other departures/arrivals out the black and red way Vet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some sort of replacement for Callow perhaps?

Heard of any other arrivals/departures at the red and black way Vet?

Any word on the coaching gig at Ultima. Apparantly it has been known for quite some time that Mahon was not going to be playing or coaching in 2011 so I owuld have thought they would be straight onto the ball with recruiting a replacement. Or perhaps they will just upgrade an existing player?

Lachie DeMorton appears to be taking the reigns at Ultima according to the Guardian on Wednesday.

Yeah I would say that is the thinking behind it Whisperer... Fairly mobile and if he got fit, would be a good addition to the Bombers. Made the Pioneers list so he can play a little. Hasn't done himself justice at Kerang last coupla years with injury.

Anybody heard any stories re Quamby and their meeting with players after Footy trip? Any clearances signed as promised for no attendance? Snibs care to fill us in on the full story????

Yeah I would say that is the thinking behind it Whisperer... Fairly mobile and if he got fit, would be a good addition to the Bombers. Made the Pioneers list so he can play a little. Hasn't done himself justice at Kerang last coupla years with injury.
Vet we know the boy can play but along with the body has to get the MIND right and honestly i dont know that he would enjoy the ruck. Just my humble opinion. If fit out there i think he would slay them at CHB, good luck to him, only a kid still.

Just some names of the local clubs that I have heard of moving around.

? indicate that i'm sure if they have signed or not, just that clubs have spoken to them

Murrabit
In: Josh Bray
Out: Dain Hayes? retirees?

Moulamein:
In: Sam Walsh, Boden Cade (not sure on spelling) Bryden Morison? Dylan Morison?, Rylan Delemare?, Nathan Wilson
Out:

Wandella:
In: Matt Dean, Joel Osbrough, when and if they get a coach.
Out: Will Callow, Shaun McKenzie, Tyler Miles?, Jay McDonald?... possibly a few retire.

Macorna
In: Joel Woolhouse
Out:

Quambatook
In: Andrew McDonald?, Rylan Delemare?
Out:

Feel free to add more and include other clubs:thumbsu:

Matt Dean to the Bombers??? OMFG! :thumbsu:

In regards to the Morison and Delamre boys, I don't think they are sure what they are doing atm themselves. Don't be suprised if Pyramid Hill make a play for them.

Macorna- Josh Novoselek and a coupla others.

Whats the silliest thing anyone has heard come of silly season?

Which recruit so far will have the biggest impact on the league?

Quamby, whats going on there? i'm hearing no coach and no luck recruiting, would have though they were to be on the improve after a decent effort last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back