GRFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

So what’s the latest in golden rivers interested in what is happening as played thirds for Murrabit and Appin in early to mid 70’s showing my age I know
Finals start this week:
1's 1st Ultima 2nd. Moulamein 3rd. Hay 4th Macorna
2's 1. Ultima, 2. Macorna, 3. Wandella 4. Murrabit
3rds 1. Macorna, 2. Ultima, 3. Wandella, 4. Moulamein
4ths. 1. Macorna, 2. Wandella 3. Ultima, 4. Hay

Would expect 1st place to win every division

I’ve been out to Ultima for about 3 games this season including the weekend and they are more positive about the future then they have been for awhile. The standard has dropped to a level that all clubs can now legitimately see themselves winning a premiership so by the sound of it all clubs have got abit more excitement about them for the future and possible success. It’s also easier to recruit when they don’t need top level footballers to compete. (Obviously that still helps)
It’s the size of the league that is a problem, very repetitive having only 6 sides. Also juniors is always going to be a battle but again they don’t really need to produce stars just get kids out there who can enjoy themselves.
It also wouldn’t surprise me one bit if a club jumped at a merger with a Central Murray side and the league folds almost overnight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been any progress or further talk about those three Picola clubs looking to Golden Rivers for next season?
I haven’t heard anything further than the talk that was going around 2 months ago. You would think if they are going to move there would be meetings for club members being organised by now. A decision would need to be made soon for anyone they are trying to recruit for next year to know where they will be playing.
Can’t see it happening.

I haven’t heard anything further than the talk that was going around 2 months ago. You would think if they are going to move there would be meetings for club members being organised by now. A decision would need to be made soon for anyone they are trying to recruit for next year to know where they will be playing.
Can’t see it happening.

Thanks for your reply

Wasn’t sure if it was still simmering in the background as it hadn’t been much more talk in the papers etc but there has been a few talking around during the finals on the sidelines about changes still possibly going to happen, maybe that’s just the Victorian clubs?

Thanks for your reply

Wasn’t sure if it was still simmering in the background as it hadn’t been much more talk in the papers etc but there has been a few talking around during the finals on the sidelines about changes still possibly going to happen, maybe that’s just the Victorian clubs?
In what newspaper was it ever mentioned that 3 picola league clubs were looking to join GR ?

Murrabit off to a great start with recruiting hopefully they keep it up! Wandella set to announce Justin Robinson and Adam Ward as joint coaches for 2024 Also hoping they can lure Clinton Cummins back from mallee Egales
Hearing Heath Moloney won’t be coaching Moula next season will stay on as a player. Trying to get one of the Mertz boys back to coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back