GRFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to be a very interesting finals series coming up with 5 sides all a massive chance to be playing of in the last game of the year.
Also great to see all sides except wakool being competitive on there day

A community has its footy club back. Not sure what community you are part of but in a community like Wakool the footy club is the epicentre of it
Grew up and played for a town not much bigger than Wakool.

I'm sure for Yarawalla, Bunnaloo, Yaapeet etc the football club was the epicentre of their community as well. But, if it becomes unsustainable it's unsustainable. What has changed from two years ago to make the club viable?

Do the locals who are pouring in tens of thousands of dollars a year to pay out of towners ridiculous amounts per game really get anything out of watching their team get flogged by 25 goals each week?

Surely exploring a merger partner would be more beneficial than what's happening now. The few locals that are left are still represented, and it lessens the extreme burden that some are no doubt wearing just to get a team on the field.

Not having a shot at the locals or the club at all. What they have done and are doing is tremendous. I just can't see how the league and football vic could allow the suffering to continue.
Mate its not about the scoreboard they are financially and socially viable its about the junior footballers and netballers playing for their home club each week and there are teams in country vic that are getting flogged each week and some of these teams havent won a game it doesnt take long for the wheel to turn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have no problem with the final there, was announced some time ago what venues would be used. If Ultima want the flag they will have no problem in scrapping for it. I suppose it isn't unlike Central Murray where the big dance is always at Swan Hill.

True I guess...and to be fair Murrabit have played in many GF's at home also

At wandella rec reserve

Thanks Dribble, I find it really strange that it isn't played at a neutral ground. Play it at Kerang or if that isn't suitable Murrabit or Quamby. Bit surprising to see both teams at 1.88 on Sportsbet, Wandella good value at that price.

Thanks Dribble, I find it really strange that it isn't played at a neutral ground. Play it at Kerang or if that isn't suitable Murrabit or Quamby. Bit surprising to see both teams at 1.88 on Sportsbet, Wandella good value at that price.
Turned out to be the most one sided match you would ever see. Wandella worthy champions over an Ultima side that wanted to unsettle the Bombers physically. Takes more courage sticking your head over the ball than taking cheap shots, something Hamlyn and Bennett would do well to think about over summer. Hamlyn has the physicality and strength to do so, does he have the smarts?

Turned out to be the most one sided match you would ever see. Wandella worthy champions over an Ultima side that wanted to unsettle the Bombers physically. Takes more courage sticking your head over the ball than taking cheap shots, something Hamlyn and Bennett would do well to think about over summer. Hamlyn has the physicality and strength to do so, does he have the smarts?
Hamlyn is a peanut and he cost them the flag last year. It happens all the time in every league and it was pretty embarrassing that they tried that crap late in the game after they had their arses handed to them all day.
Wandella had one hell of a side out there

Who are the coaches for next year?
Murrabit - Hearing Hugh Foott not doing it?
Wandella - Paul Graying
Macorna - Was Dan Edwards he can’t do it anymore, unsure who is doing it?
Quamby - Adam Pollock
Nully - Grant Ford?
Wakool - ???
Hay - ???
Moula - ???
Ultima - Jack O'Rourke?

Who are the coaches for next year?
Murrabit - Hearing Hugh Foott not doing it?
Wandella - Paul Graying
Macorna - Was Dan Edwards he can’t do it anymore, unsure who is doing it?
Quamby - Adam Pollock
Nully - Grant Ford?
Wakool - ???
Hay - ???
Moula - ???
Ultima - Jack O'Rourke?

Reagan Hamilton an Craig loomes coach Wakool

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back