GRFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

That's Jason Linke, Michael Bradbury who's been playing 2s in the GVFL but will be handy in the ruck.
Butty and Tyren Montebruno that kick 50+ each in the WRFL. Lampi and Brayden Montebruno. Throw in Kendall if he's cleared, Ryan and the couple from WRFL, Quamby will hold their weight and give the joint a bit of a buzz

That's Jason Linke, Michael Bradbury who's been playing 2s in the GVFL but will be handy in the ruck.
Butty and Tyren Montebruno that kick 50+ each in the WRFL. Lampi and Brayden Montebruno. Throw in Kendall if he's cleared, Ryan and the couple from WRFL, Quamby will hold their weight and give the joint a bit of a buzz

It’s a fair recruiting effort...wonder what the points situation will be like

Heard the Phil Ryan will be overseas for half the year?
Butty and Tyren Montebruno are getting on a bit in age don’t see them kicking anywhere near that
Good luck to them

24 goals last year of 7 games yeah dunno
Nearly three and a half goals a game in a side that won two games. Probably kicks 60-70 at one of the top sides and that’s being conservative. Ive only seen him once but he looks like the sort of bloke who if he gets the ball ten times in the forward half he will easily kick a bag. Also I’m not sure how old he is but I thought he would’ve only been late twenties.

Nearly three and a half goals a game in a side that won two games. Probably kicks 60-70 at one of the top sides and that’s being conservative. Ive only seen him once but he looks like the sort of bloke who if he gets the ball ten times in the forward half he will easily kick a bag. Also I’m not sure how old he is but I thought he would’ve only been late twenties.
34 this footy season

It’s a fair recruiting effort...wonder what the points situation will be like
That will be very interesting.

Also, the goals to forward entry ratio Nyah got was extremely high. Butty wasn't the only forward. Arho was on par both getting in the 30s goal wise. For a side that was so poor, suggests there was some serious effort to make the most of each opportunity.
And, Butty isn't the type of forward that his Thursday night Training is on the punt at the TAB where being 34 might affect his game.
Bloke owns and runs a gym in Port Melbourne doing personal training. Fit as a fiddle.
If they get the ball down there in the air, the 2 forwards will look after the rest.
Only issue will be work commitments

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200305-033328_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200305-033328_Samsung Internet.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moulameins big recruits couldn’t be happier that the season has been postponed and possibly cancelled. Have pocketed big cash for one praccy
If they've received signs on all the Club has to do is push deny on the Clearance if they decide to move on without playing.

The Goulburn Valley forum has a post that says that there is a belief that a few clubs are looking for possible merger partners in their region.

Does anyone foresee any rationalisation in the region in the short term?

With the off-field struggles the GRFL and its clubs have endured in recent years, could this virus spell the end of the league by year's end?

The Goulburn Valley forum has a post that says that there is a belief that a few clubs are looking for possible merger partners in their region.

Does anyone foresee any rationalisation in the region in the short term?

With the off-field struggles the GRFL and its clubs have endured in recent years, could this virus spell the end of the league by year's end?
Hi Mortlock, The Golden Rivers was set for a boom Season standard and interest wise and personally I think the Golden Rivers and Central Murray could flourish once this Pandemic is over due to their greater ability to raise funds. Players will travel if they can't get what they want closer to home and I think Football in the area will kick off the back of it. In regards to Mergers they would start to come into calculations if the Golden Rivers closes their doors but I personally don't see that at this point and hope it's not the case.

Hi Mortlock, The Golden Rivers was set for a boom Season standard and interest wise and personally I think the Golden Rivers and Central Murray could flourish once this Pandemic is over due to their greater ability to raise funds. Players will travel if they can't get what they want closer to home and I think Football in the area will kick off the back of it. In regards to Mergers they would start to come into calculations if the Golden Rivers closes their doors but I personally don't see that at this point and hope it's not the case.
It is horrible timing because as you said it looked as though the leagues standard as a whole had improved. With a great start to the season for farmers and after a year off paying players there could be some cashed up clubs around for next year and with possibly other leagues who raise funds from other streams that are battling, it could actually work out well for recruiting and be a bloody good comp next season. It has also shown people how important footy is for their community and they haven’t had to lose their club to realise it so you would think it will insure people really get behind it when it kicks off again. Unfortunately long term population decline will get the comp but short term Corna may actually help it.

Out of curiosity has it been decided what happens to players points if they don’t play this year? Do they still go down a point if they had signed with a club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back