GRFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

won’t beat Sea Lake
Agree. That’s one well oiled machine. Birchip is pretty dam handy. I think a few had concerns when Sea Lake came in. But look at them now.
It’ll be interesting to see what happens with player points and salary cap for Nully in the NCFL.

I think Nully would make finals or be very close. Similar to where Sea Lake was in their first year.

Agree. That’s one well oiled machine. Birchip is pretty dam handy. I think a few had concerns when Sea Lake came in. But look at them now.
It’ll be interesting to see what happens with player points and salary cap for Nully in the NCFL.

I think Nully would make finals or be very close. Similar to where Sea Lake was in their first year.
north central do not appear to be concerned with salary cap enforcement with a couple of questionable clubs already, so nully should fit right in!

north central do not appear to be concerned with salary cap enforcement with a couple of questionable clubs already, so nully should fit right in!
Rumour has it Birchip,Sea Lake and Nullawil could join forces and bid for the 19th AFL licence Birchip would be one of the most financial clubs in Victoria. Nothing to see there with salary cap rorting.........Apparently

A hypothetical scenario I want to put to everyone here. With Nullawil going to the NCFL. If the league was to be dissolved (I’m not saying it’s happening in 2022, But at some point you’d think it will happen) What would be the date of the 7 clubs? Which would merge with other clubs (both already in this league and outside of this league), Which would fold altogether and which would go at it as a stand-alone in another league?

A hypothetical scenario I want to put to everyone here. With Nullawil going to the NCFL. If the league was to be dissolved (I’m not saying it’s happening in 2022, But at some point you’d think it will happen) What would be the date of the 7 clubs? Which would merge with other clubs (both already in this league and outside of this league), Which would fold altogether and which would go at it as a stand-alone in another league?

Its a good discussion

I honestly can’t see any of the clubs going stand alone in another league…where would they go?

I think there are fits for all those remaining to merge and stay alive in some way

Ultima - Tyntynder or Lalbert
Quamby - Boort or even Lalbert
Moula - Balranald or even Swan Hill has been discussed
Macrona - Cohuna or Leithcy
Murrabit- Lake Boga or Koondrook
Wandella - Kerang
Hay - well I think they would have to look at another comp ie Picola

Its a good discussion

I honestly can’t see any of the clubs going stand alone in another league…where would they go?

I think there are fits for all those remaining to merge and stay alive in some way

Wandella - Kerang

Hay is in a pickle of a spot. It’s far away from everyone.

I’d imagine it’s something that some clubs would be casting an eye into the future before. Jump before being pushed so to speak.

Hay is in a pickle of a spot. It’s far away from everyone.

I’d imagine it’s something that some clubs would be casting an eye into the future before. Jump before being pushed so to speak.

I honestly think all clubs in the region should be looking at options…I am strong in saying that Lalbert and Nully should merge and compete in tbe central Murray.

Its a good discussion

Wandella - Kerang
I think wandella can go alone, theyd have to join the Loddon valley though, they will always stay viable as alternative to kerang, it's so close to kerang.

Hay into picola, if our mate ever lets them in.

I think moula is to far away, what do Swan hill gain from a merger there, their not going to play a home game in moula.

Macorna could merge with pyramid or boort.

Should the golden rivers get on the front foot and try recruit Boga and nyah to their comp?

I think wandella can go alone, theyd have to join the Loddon valley though, they will always stay viable as alternative to kerang, it's so close to kerang.

Hay into picola, if our mate ever lets them in.

I think moula is to far away, what do Swan hill gain from a merger there, their not going to play a home game in moula.

Macorna could merge with pyramid or boort.

Should the golden rivers get on the front foot and try recruit Boga and nyah to their comp?

Wandella probably could go alone but she’s a fair trip for Loddon Valley footy not that I personally have an issue with blokes having to travel given what the get paid to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a decent trip for Marong, Newbridge, Bridgewater and Inglewood though

don’t get me wrong travel shouldn’t be the major factor but it is always something that clubs and people complain about
Many kerang people move to Bendigo as well, it would allow greater ability to hold onto players.

But it's a good hike for LV clubs, which traditionally don't travel far to play

Many kerang people move to Bendigo as well, it would allow greater ability to hold onto players.

But it's a good hike for LV clubs, which traditionally don't travel far to play
But what do the established club's get out of it? They won't want to change their name, club colours or play home games away from their base it's not much of a win win for anyone

Wandella to Loddon Valley would be a good move. Existing clubs having to travel a maximum of just over an hour to play them once a season really shouldn’t be an issue. Any league in that direction will help with recruiting and retention also.
Wandella are in probably the best position as they could probably go to either NC or Loddon Valley. They could also look to someone like Quamby who would be in the right direction and help financially.

Wandella probably could go alone but she’s a fair trip for Loddon Valley footy not that I personally have an issue with blokes having to travel given what the get paid to play
Loddon Valley would be the best fit. It gives a different option when trying to recruit north of Kerang. If they go North Central they would be competing with Nully and Sea Lake for players and I don’t think they have the money to do that.

Loddon Valley would be the best fit. It gives a different option when trying to recruit north of Kerang. If they go North Central they would be competing with Nully and Sea Lake for players and I don’t think they have the money to do that.
If, if they merged with Quamby then they would have the coin to contend with anyone considering their location.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back