GRFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I would assume that Nully now have the ammunition to embarrass AFLV and the GRFL for the clearance denial.
If they go pedal to the metal and rack up some mammoth wins, there will be some very red faces in officialdom by mid-season.
That’s if AFLV care too much about the results.
They might just be happy seeing 8 clubs in that league. Could also do with their sustainability in the NCFL. Eg Do they have the long term junior numbers? Or are they letting a side in that will then struggle to field kids sides?
Agreed it will look silly when Nully belt everyone, especially given there has been (to my knowledge) no statement put out about why they were denied.
Besides the little bit of conversation on here there has been zero fan fare about it.

They already record massive wins most weeks. I’m really not sure what AFL Vic were thinking in this situation.

They are too strong for the comp and were proactive and wanted to go. Yes it would have lessen the overall number of clubs but it actually would have evened the comp up and created interest.

You can hand the cup to them now

Totally agree, it's like Celtic and Rangers in Scottish soccer. Take them out and yeah maybe the standard drops a bit but the competition becomes even and unpredictable.

Same in this case, you can see daylight between Nully and the rest.

They might just be happy seeing 8 clubs in that league. Could also do with their sustainability in the NCFL. Eg Do they have the long term junior numbers? Or are they letting a side in that will then struggle to field kids sides?
Agreed it will look silly when Nully belt everyone, especially given there has been (to my knowledge) no statement put out about why they were denied.
Besides the little bit of conversation on here there has been zero fan fare about it.
Yet they've never proactively helped hay get out of the league either. You would think with nully out of the league that drops Hays longest trip. Not sure it's great for maybe the league's last year to have a premier by 10+ goals

8715D03B-99D1-406E-8FC0-E8D04B46AC84.jpeg

Gee I wonder
Yep I know, but I thought the whole point of a board is to make decisions on what's best for the league and club, it creates less travel evens up the comp, provides a bye, which is good for travelling players, and gives the other clubs time to think of the future, as you'd think best case scenario the league has a 5 year existence.

It's good for nully as it gives them a challenge and it's less travel, it was a win win situation, for league and club, it's a decision which doesn't help anyone except the self promotion of those of the board

Yep I know, but I thought the whole point of a board is to make decisions on what's best for the league and club, it creates less travel evens up the comp, provides a bye, which is good for travelling players, and gives the other clubs time to think of the future, as you'd think best case scenario the league has a 5 year existence.

It's good for nully as it gives them a challenge and it's less travel, it was a win win situation, for league and club, it's a decision which doesn't help anyone except the self promotion of those of the board
The league will never go against what all the other clubs want though.

The league will never go against what all the other clubs want though.
No club could compete with how nully could recruit though. In the foreseeable future how do you try and recruit guys, with nully 10 goals better? Who got the closest to nully last year?
Isn't it better off to have an even comp, take nully out of last year and you could throw up 5 clubs that could win it. I reckon hay would have been happy without an additional 7 hours driving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back