Discussion Gridiron (College/NFL/etc) Uniforms Discussion

Confirmed uniform updates for the 2020-21 NFL Season thus far;

:nflrams: Los Angeles Rams RELEASED, rebranding of logo and uniforms: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/03/23/los-angeles-rams-reveal-new-logo-color-scheme/

:nflbucs: Tampa Bay Buccaneers RELEASED, return to early 2000's Superbowl style, new era with TB12: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/07/tampa-bay-buccaneers-unveil-new-uniforms-2/

:nflfalcons: Atlanta Falcons RELEASED, return to a black-based home, new alternate: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/0...w-uniforms-ahead-of-schedule-following-leaks/

:nflbrowns: Cleveland Browns RELEASED, redesign of kits to a more classic browns look: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/15/cleveland-browns-unveil-new-uniforms/

:nfllac: Los Angeles Chargers RELEASED, powder blue home unis, yellow pants, royal/dark blue alternates, numbers on helmet: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/21/los-angeles-chargers-unveil-new-uniforms/

:nflcolts: Indianapolis Colts RELEASED, minor uniform changes, new number and wordmark font, new secondary logo: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/0...secondary-logo-and-wordmark-updated-uniforms/

:nflpatriots: New England Patriots RELEASED, alternate Boston-inspired uniform design promoted to home, white version too: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/20/new-england-patriots-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2020/

Couldn't seem to find a discussion thread for Gridiron uniforms, so here we go!
Just designed to discuss any new/interesting NFL or College Football uniforms, though it's certainly not limited to these organisations.

Last edited:
Created this thread due to a potential leak of the New York Jets' new uniforms for 2019 here: http://dailysnark.com/potential-new...new-uniforms-of-the-new-york-jets-leak-online

c0uj5zy-696x696-jpg.609935

DxepJkzWkAAe6Qg.jpg

I quite like these other their current uniform which seems a bit bland, though not a fan of the black bands around the sleeves. However these may turn out to be concepts after all.

The font is brilliant and really brings out that tarmac, airport part of the Jets identity. The wings on the helmet are very Eagles-esque, though I prefer that easily over their current one.

This would make another team (as well as the Titans) who moves away from white-based helmets with a logo slapped on them in the last few years).

Attachments

• c0UJ5zy-696x696.jpg
    c0UJ5zy-696x696.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,095
What I find even more curious is this logo on the collar. Given it is indeed the NFL's 100th year next season, this would make a lot of sense for the league to do something like this. However it's strange how they're forgoing the "NFL" initials as that would be a big part of their marketing.

1548298305790.png

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Created this thread due to a potential leak of the New York Jets' new uniforms for 2019 here: http://dailysnark.com/potential-new...new-uniforms-of-the-new-york-jets-leak-online

c0uj5zy-696x696-jpg.609935

View attachment 609936

I quite like these other their current uniform which seems a bit bland, though not a fan of the black bands around the sleeves. However these may turn out to be concepts after all.

The font is brilliant and really brings out that tarmac, airport part of the Jets identity. The wings on the helmet are very Eagles-esque, though I prefer that easily over their current one.

This would make another team (as well as the Titans) who moves away from white-based helmets with a logo slapped on them in the last few years).

Already been shown as a fake. A fantasy Detroit design used the same player template as well as there being incosistencies between the jersey and full body design (Nike logo colours).

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Yeah I was thinking there was no way they were real. For a team that has historically been White and Green, why would they go on to use black?

In other news, Rams will be wearing their throwback in the Super Bowl

View attachment 609965

Keen to see them crush the Patriots in these :cool:
I love this jersey feels like the only one with an interesting design going on with the horns on the sleeves, if I were to get any NFL jersey it would 100% be this one. Reckon I'd look like a massive bandwagoner though if I bought it now :D

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I love this jersey feels like the only one with an interesting design going on with the horns on the sleeves, if I were to get any NFL jersey it would 100% be this one. Reckon I'd look like a massive bandwagoner though if I bought it now :D
If I wasn't a 4-year Packer fan I would be jumping on that bangwagon so hard

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Yeah I was thinking there was no way they were real. For a team that has historically been White and Green, why would they go on to use black?

Rumours say that black will exist in their new set, including a black alternate.

Question: Why?
Answer: Because Nike.

If I wasn't a 4-year Packer fan I would be jumping on that bangwagon so hard
Nah, I've thought that if I started following the NFL I'd go for the Rams because I had a mate in primary school who was from St. Louis and that is probably the only real connection that I have to one of the teams. I did have a Tom Brady jersey as a kid, but as soon as I found out who Tom Brady was, I realised that the Patriots were probably at the bottom of my list.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Appears the NFL is going with the same unis as last year for the Pro Bowl. Can't really complain, they look pretty good.
1548304252459.png
thumb.jpg

Although I did love when they used the neon green accents in Pro Bowl 2017. Would love to get my hands on one of these:

2017-pro-bowl-uniforms.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Nah, I've thought that if I started following the NFL I'd go for the Rams because I had a mate in primary school who was from St. Louis and that is probably the only real connection that I have to one of the teams. I did have a Tom Brady jersey as a kid, but as soon as I found out who Tom Brady was, I realised that the Patriots were probably at the bottom of my list.
I got introduced to NFL by Wisconsinites, so naturally I learnt the way of the Packer. Very similar story to that of Collingwood so I stuck with them.

In other news, Rams will be wearing their throwback in the Super Bowl

View attachment 609965

Keen to see them crush the Patriots in these :cool:
Can't wait for the whole Stadium to implode so the Rams and Patriots not only get no result, but also can't field a side for the rest of history.

Hate both sides, although hate the Rams slightly more.

Can't wait for the whole Stadium to implode so the Rams and Patriots not only get no result, but also can't field a side for the rest of history.

Hate both sides, although hate the Rams slightly more.
wishing injuries on a player is bad enough, having a fantasy about players (and I guess if the stadium is imploding officials, staff and tens of thousands of fans too) dying because you don't like a sports team is pretty ****ed up.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thoughts on Browns uniform? I actually like it, the colour is a lot better than the old one. The brown Nike has used is a much richer brown, I prefer this over the traditional brown used which was more of a black-ish brown. The orange looks great, gives it a Hawthorn-like vibe. I see a lot of critics of this uniform and I just can't understand what they see about this that I don't. Nostalgia blinds people I suppose.

My only complain is that the stripes need to be cut shorter from the shoulder. Apart from that, great uni with orange pants.
1548310857595.png

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Thoughts on Browns uniform? I actually like it, the colour is a lot better than the old one. The brown Nike has used is a much richer brown, I prefer this over the traditional brown used which was more of a black-ish brown. The orange looks great, gives it a Hawthorn-like vibe. I see a lot of critics of this uniform and I just can't understand what they see about this that I don't. Nostalgia blinds people I suppose.
View attachment 610059

:thumbsdown: Orange stitching, massive Cleveland text on the chest, Browns text down the leg.

A few changes and it would be a great set.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
:thumbsdown: Orange stitching, massive Cleveland text on the chest, Browns text down the leg.

A few changes and it would be a great set.
I believe I read and article (ill try find it) at the start of the year that said the Browns were looking to get rid of both the Browns and Cleveland off the pants and chest for next season. I was mainly talking about the general design of it but I dislike the word on the pants but I like the workmark on the chest, just make it smaller.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
I got introduced to NFL by Wisconsinites, so naturally I learnt the way of the Packer. Very similar story to that of Collingwood so I stuck with them.

Nice to see another cheesehead around here. I too support the Packers, but as with so many things, I was influenced by TV. That 70’s Show, to be precise.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Not really an NFL fan (I loosely follow the Seahawks and only really pay attention to the Super Bowl) but I watched the KC-Pats game, just because I wanted to see the Pats lose. I hope they get crushed, sick of seeing them in the Super Bowl all the time.

Back