Discussion Gridiron (College/NFL/etc) Uniforms Discussion

Confirmed uniform updates for the 2020-21 NFL Season thus far;

:nflrams: Los Angeles Rams RELEASED, rebranding of logo and uniforms: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/03/23/los-angeles-rams-reveal-new-logo-color-scheme/

:nflbucs: Tampa Bay Buccaneers RELEASED, return to early 2000's Superbowl style, new era with TB12: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/07/tampa-bay-buccaneers-unveil-new-uniforms-2/

:nflfalcons: Atlanta Falcons RELEASED, return to a black-based home, new alternate: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/0...w-uniforms-ahead-of-schedule-following-leaks/

:nflbrowns: Cleveland Browns RELEASED, redesign of kits to a more classic browns look: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/15/cleveland-browns-unveil-new-uniforms/

:nfllac: Los Angeles Chargers RELEASED, powder blue home unis, yellow pants, royal/dark blue alternates, numbers on helmet: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/21/los-angeles-chargers-unveil-new-uniforms/

:nflcolts: Indianapolis Colts RELEASED, minor uniform changes, new number and wordmark font, new secondary logo: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/0...secondary-logo-and-wordmark-updated-uniforms/

:nflpatriots: New England Patriots RELEASED, alternate Boston-inspired uniform design promoted to home, white version too: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/20/new-england-patriots-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2020/

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Nato's Matchups of Week 3 - Cowboys vs Dolphins & Patriots vs Jets

xfl-jersey-reveal-featrued.jpg

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

xfl-jersey-reveal-featrued.jpg
Love that Guardians kit

Not sure if everyone saw this but the Seahawks wore their neon green jersey with the navy pants on MNF against the Vikings. I absolutely rate this look.

View attachment 789571
Just a quick little mock up but I think it would be cool to see them run out in this.
View attachment 789574
Yeh saw this, weird that they would wear dark pants when the Vikings wore dark pants as well...

Yeh saw this, weird that they would wear dark pants when the Vikings wore dark pants as well...
Due to the NFL being a line sport (is this the correct term?), there is less need for there to be a distinction between the two teams. Meaning teams can both be in light/dark uniforms.

Due to the NFL being a line sport (is this the correct term?), there is less need for there to be a distinction between the two teams. Meaning teams can both be in light/dark uniforms.
True, but also have to consider QB's ability to read the movement of a defense when the ball is in play. Would be incredibly hard if both teams are in both dark/light. That being said, it's mostly just the jersey's that need to be different in order to distinguish, but it's nice to have contrast for viewers and spectators (especially for those viewing in the highest seats).

troybe

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Apr 19, 2008
Bunnings Institute for the Galactically Stupid
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
IMG_2667.JPG

Don’t know if anyone follows @wtfcoach on Twitter but he has been showing the top 138 college football schools helmet history. Interesting to see the evolution of the designs of each team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

super-bowl-liv-uniforms-chiefs-49ers-54-nfl-sportslogosnet.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Not official or anything but probably my ideal Rams rebrand. The royal blue, while is easily one of my favourite unis, is a bit too vibrant for a home uniform and the novelty of it will wear off quite quickly. The dark blue is a bit more balanced in my opinion. Love the away kit too on this, not much at fault here.

1579747655300.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
My initial thought was yuck, but after seeing my boi Budda Baker rocking the gold attire yesterday, I don't mind it.
Yeah I'll admit, it looks a bit better irl. It's more the design and font that's jarring.

They used gold and charcoal for the 2016 Pro Bowl unis and absolutely killed it. One of the Best all time Pro Bowl unis.

1579823597472.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Watching the XFL at the moment and I gotta say, the STL Battlehawks have one of the coolest helmets I've ever seen. As for the league, its quality so far is really good for what it is. Kayo has also picked up coverage rights so I would check it out if your interested.

1581293932221.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Confirmed Uniform changes for 2020:

Atlanta Falcons :nflfalcons:: To be released in April. Not much information about what it could be, but considering their throwback jerseys are vastly more popular with fans than their current outfit I would expect them to return to the black-based home jerseys.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers :nflbucs:: To be released in April. Again, not much information as of yet but if the promotional video is anything to go by then it looks as if it may be a return to the red and orange look which could be interesting but we will have to see.

LA Rams :nflrams:: Release date TBC. Nothing much yet but I think it's safe to assume they will be moving to change their throwback kits to be their primary kit. Perhaps they will use the navy blue and gold for the home kit and save the royal blue for a throwback/colour rush kits. It's hard to see how they can stuff this up.

Cleveland Browns :nflbrowns:: Release date TBC. From the articles I've read it appears the Browns are going for a 'traditional look' with their uniform update. They did wear their Colour Rush uniform as their home for the entirety of last season so they could even be moving towards that kind of style. To be honest, im not a fan of the old colour scheme, Brown is far too dark. I hope they keep the current colours but maybe update the design slighty.

Last edited:
LA Rams:nflrams:: Release date TBC. Nothing much yet but I think it's safe to assume they will be moving to change their throwback kits to be their primary kit. Perhaps they will use the navy blue and gold for the home kit and save the royal blue for a throwback/colour rush kits. It's hard to see how they can stuff this up.

Hoping for the Royal and Yellow combo to be one of the kits

Cleveland Browns:nflbrowns:: Release date TBC. From the articles I've read it appears the Browns are going for a 'traditional look' with their uniform update. They did wear their Colour Rush uniform as their home for the entirety of last season so they could even be moving towards that kind of style. To be honest, im not a fan of the old colour scheme, Brown is far too dark. I hope they keep the current colours but maybe update the design slighty.
They should just fold. That should sort it out.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
LA Rams:nflrams:: Release date TBC. Nothing much yet but I think it's safe to assume they will be moving to change their throwback kits to be their primary kit. Perhaps they will use the navy blue and gold for the home kit and save the royal blue for a throwback/colour rush kits. It's hard to see how they can stuff this up.

It has been confirmed that they will not be using their throwback kits and the design will be brand new. However, it is suggested that it will not be anything from left field and more likely a modernisation of the classic look.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It has been confirmed that they will not be using their throwback kits and the design will be brand new. However, it is suggested that it will not be anything from left field and more likely a modernisation of the classic look.
Dang must not be doing my research properly, where did you find that out?
That Rams concept I posted above would be my ideal rebrand.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Dang must not be doing my research properly, where did you find that out?
That Rams concept I posted above would be my ideal rebrand.

It has come up on a couple of sites and forums. They don't want to just promote an old design for the team when combining it with starting at a new stadium, instead they want something new to bring in the new era for the team.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Back