Discussion Gridiron (College/NFL/etc) Uniforms Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed uniform updates for the 2020-21 NFL Season thus far;

:nflrams: Los Angeles Rams RELEASED, rebranding of logo and uniforms: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/03/23/los-angeles-rams-reveal-new-logo-color-scheme/

:nflbucs: Tampa Bay Buccaneers RELEASED, return to early 2000's Superbowl style, new era with TB12: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/07/tampa-bay-buccaneers-unveil-new-uniforms-2/

:nflfalcons: Atlanta Falcons RELEASED, return to a black-based home, new alternate: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/0...w-uniforms-ahead-of-schedule-following-leaks/

:nflbrowns: Cleveland Browns RELEASED, redesign of kits to a more classic browns look: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/15/cleveland-browns-unveil-new-uniforms/

:nfllac: Los Angeles Chargers RELEASED, powder blue home unis, yellow pants, royal/dark blue alternates, numbers on helmet: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/21/los-angeles-chargers-unveil-new-uniforms/

:nflcolts: Indianapolis Colts RELEASED, minor uniform changes, new number and wordmark font, new secondary logo: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/0...secondary-logo-and-wordmark-updated-uniforms/

:nflpatriots: New England Patriots RELEASED, alternate Boston-inspired uniform design promoted to home, white version too: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/20/new-england-patriots-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2020/

Tampa Bay's new uniform is a huge upgrade. Really like that pewter Alternate kit and the rest of the kits in general are clean. The change to the red is a nice touch too. Only dislike is that they could have gone all the way and changed the helmet to a matte pewter to match the uniform more.
But an upgrade nonetheless and looking forward to watching some Buccaneer games for once.

1586494759573.png
1586494772789.png
1586494795138.png

And Atlanta Falcons has a new kit as well. This one I'm a little bit mixed on. The old uniforms were very dated, but I didn't think there needed to be many major changes. It appears they completely thrown the old out the window and embraced the new. I like the side stripes for one, and the font is better although I didn't hate the old one. The kits are a lot cleaner now. I love that alternate kit with the gradient and the other two are good as well, however its strange why they decided not to have a red jersey version of the kit considering they have the pants for it. And another strange addition is the 'ATL' wordmark on the jersey, it's too big and just looks straight up ugly. I do like the change to the matte black on the helmet though and from the looks of things the font is slightly different to the old. Overall it certainly is an upgrade, but probably had a lot more potential for this rebrand.

1586495054991.png
1586495068950.png
1586495086314.png
1586495106564.png

Colts update their uniforms, although pretty minor - altering font of numbers, though it looks like a great change.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-12.20.10-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-12.19.57-PM.png

Updated secondary logo, workmark

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-11.42.01-AM.png

primary-copy-590x358.png

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-11.52.35-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-11.52.29-AM.png

For some reason Nike swoosh on the away jerseys is black now?

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-11.52.32-AM.png

Colts update their uniforms, although pretty minor - altering font of numbers, though it looks like a great change.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-12.20.10-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-12.19.57-PM.png

Updated secondary logo, workmark

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-11.42.01-AM.png

primary-copy-590x358.png

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-11.52.35-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-11.52.29-AM.png

For some reason Nike swoosh on the away jerseys is black now?

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-11.52.32-AM.png

Generally an update, but the new C logo is not very good, and the addition of black to the colour scheme for just the Nike logo makes me wonder why that would happen apart from an alternate being introduced in the near future.

New Browns uniform allegedly to be announced in the next couple of days.

Not allegedly, will be released Thursday our time.

This is what someone who allegedly has seen the design has rendered up this from memory and with all the hints about going back to a traditional look I would not be surprised one bit if this is accurate. It's an upgrade for sure, but I really hate the old brown they used, looks more like black. The current Brown is much more richer and just looks better in my opinion. I just want an actual Browns logo for once (not on the helmet of course) but just at least some piece of identity. It could be a glorified letter 'B' for all I care.
1586932086014.png

48bbf85b59f4cea1a4d83b383b12f1d5.jpg

The Colts new lettermark was designed at NFL HQ. The logo on the left is of Cathedral HS in Indy. Now the NFL and the Colts have issued a communique saying they had no knowledge of the Cathedral logo and the new Colts logo was designed independently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

48bbf85b59f4cea1a4d83b383b12f1d5.jpg

The Colts new lettermark was designed at NFL HQ. The logo on the left is of Cathedral HS in Indy. Now the NFL and the Colts have issued a communique saying they had no knowledge of the Cathedral logo and the new Colts logo was designed independently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I mean it's so similar that I believe it was coincidence. No professional team would go to this length to just straight up copy a logo.

In other news, that unofficial render has been rendered accurate.
It's a small upgrade for sure, but nothing special. Looks like no orange jersey too which is sad because I actually didn't mind that one.
1586992606680.png

Just mocked this up quick but this is probably what I would have done if I were Nike when they redesigned their uniform several years back now. Keep it simple.
1586993428830.png

Chargers unveil their new uniform

vfivis9ibjmdnkkgaypg-2.jpeg

Screen-Shot-2020-04-21-at-10.17.27-AM.png

Absolutely in love with these. Looks like they're going for numbers on helmets which is an interesting move, really only reserved for college teams.
Powder blue kit's are their home for this year, making the royal blue one and dark blue ones either a colour rush or alternate (I'd say dark blue is colour rush do to the removal of the inner colour of the bolts).

I love that (as you can see in the above image), this uniform is so versatile and can be worn in so many combinations. Gotta say the powder blue with yellow is definitely my favourite.

Looks like a sandy beach of Los Angeles. Very stylish and sticking to the theme of the city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like they're going for numbers on helmets which is an interesting move, really only reserved for college teams.

Numbers on the Chargers helmets are based on history for the team. They have used them for a large part of their history, so it isn't something new.

Can't believe nobody posted about these yet, New England Patriots new unis: https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/04/20/new-england-patriots-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2020/

new-england-patriots-new-uniform-blue-2020-590x492.jpg

new-england-patriots-new-uniform-white-2020-590x492.jpg

A return to the much-loved shoulder design of the Boston Patriots and the various times they wore it as an alternate, looks absolutely insane on a white jumper, so excited to see them play in these.

Hopefully they have a white jersey/white pants combination in there.

1) Pants shown here are wrong, players were photographed in last seasons ones (with new jerseys and socks). The actual pants stripes match the home jersey stripes thicknesses and design (three even weighted stripes in R/W/R pattern).
2) No mention of white or grey pants anywhere in release.

1) Pants shown here are wrong, players were photographed in last seasons ones (with new jerseys and socks). The actual pants stripes match the home jersey stripes thicknesses and design (three even weighted stripes in R/W/R pattern).
Makes you wonder why they'd reveal them now at all if they didn't have the full uniform ready :drunk:

2) No mention of white or grey pants anywhere in release.
Yes, hence why I hope they do have a variant of white/grey pants by the time they get the whole uniform made up and sorted out.

Makes you wonder why they'd reveal them now at all if they didn't have the full uniform ready :drunk:

Yes, hence why I hope they do have a variant of white/grey pants by the time they get the whole uniform made up and sorted out.

They did, just used the wrong ones in the photoshoot.

This is what players posted.

EWKDwbmXsAITsbG

Chargers unveil their new uniform

vfivis9ibjmdnkkgaypg-2.jpeg

Screen-Shot-2020-04-21-at-10.17.27-AM.png

Absolutely in love with these. Looks like they're going for numbers on helmets which is an interesting move, really only reserved for college teams.
Powder blue kit's are their home for this year, making the royal blue one and dark blue ones either a colour rush or alternate (I'd say dark blue is colour rush do to the removal of the inner colour of the bolts).

I love that (as you can see in the above image), this uniform is so versatile and can be worn in so many combinations. Gotta say the powder blue with yellow is definitely my favourite.

Looks like a sandy beach of Los Angeles. Very stylish and sticking to the theme of the city.
Interesting that they've gone with a royal blue uni given its the colour of their cross-town rival

Interesting that they've gone with a royal blue uni given its the colour of their cross-town rival

Was always going to happen, both teams have such similar colours and it was inevitable that they would have similarities.

Yep, especially in combination with the yellow pants.

The Royal will not be combined with the yellow pants, only the powder blue and white.

The Royal will not be combined with the yellow pants, only the powder blue and white.
Oh yeah of course, just that the home kit is essentially a "lighter" version of the Rams.
Love both the unis and can't wait to see them play out together at the new LA stadium.

Now that I think of it, I reckon a big reason they have the option of powder blue+yellow pants combination is to emulate the look of UCLA;

UCLA_Bruins_team_2018_uclabruins_0.jpg

Definitely would like to see this look a couple times this season, maybe saved for divisional matchups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back