Other Gridiron DVDs, Books, Documentaries

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol.

I'm glad everyone hated it as much as I did!

There was just no substance to it. It didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know - aside from the few attempts to re-write history - and relied wholly on the deep-fake bullshit.

It was the worst football-related 30 for 30 that I've seen, and I reckon I've seen nearly all of them.

Lol.

I'm glad everyone hated it as much as I did!

There was just no substance to it. It didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know - aside from the few attempts to re-write history - and relied wholly on the deep-fake bullshit.

It was the worst football-related 30 for 30 that I've seen, and I reckon I've seen nearly all of them.
I think the Vick one was worse

Probably Disneys fault. When did they buy ESPN? The quality probably nose dived once Disney bought it
Its more that people who oversaw the production of the docos moved on. and the directors they get to make them are not as good anymore.
The Brady one will likely turn out good because i think its from the crew that did the last dance.

Disney took over ESPN like 25 years ago.

I think the Vick one was worse

I didn’t get all the way through it.

His signing nearly cost me my Eagles fandom. When I could feel them attempting to paint ******* dog fighting as a race issue in the doco, it was much better for my mental health that I turned it off.

That kind of s**t ruins progressive causes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most of ESPNs best docos are nba ones.

Some of the 30/30s they did were fantastic. Loved the Reggie Miller and Knicks one

Last dance was good too.

I didn’t get all the way through it.

His signing nearly cost me my Eagles fandom. When I could feel them attempting to paint ******* dog fighting as a race issue in the doco, it was much better for my mental health that I turned it off.

That kind of sh*t ruins progressive causes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i dont think the just tried to justify the dog fighting as a race thing, it was more so about making it a geographical thing by more than a few times making the point that white dudes were there and also doing it.

Like the dude had fresh graves for the animals. i dont care what race you are. Your a campaigner.

Most of ESPNs best docos are nba ones.

Some of the 30/30s they did were fantastic. Loved the Reggie Miller and Knicks one

Last dance was good too.

i have found the college ones some of the best. but other than the first 30 the quality has been all over the place. but gets more noticable every year, but thats also because they are producing less every year and over hype them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont think the just tried to justify the dog fighting as a race thing, it was more so about making it a geographical thing by more than a few times making the point that white dudes were there and also doing it.

Like the dude had fresh graves for the animals. i dont care what race you are. Your a campaigner.

Yeah, I can't really speak to it - as I said, I turned it off.

The point at which I turned it off was when they were explaining that white people in the south had been dog fighting for years, and after local authorities cleared him the Federal investigators opened the case because he was black.

I don't care what race you are - if you're dog fighting you shouldn't see light again.

The best 30 for 30 I've seen remains to be "Once Brothers" (from the first volume) about Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac
Yea that was sad. Felt so bad for Vlade. Never got to sort things out with his friend. :(

Without doing any reading (reddit can still get ****ed GG), it would seem an obvious spin off of Vice's "Dark Side of the Ring" series, which explores some of the many shady happenings in the history of wrestling, and is a fantastic series. (If anyone hasn't seen it, you can find them on SBS' On Demand service)

It was a surprise smash for Vice, pulling the biggest ratings the network's ever had, so the only surprise is that we're about to get the 3rd series of DSotR before they've spun off into other sports.

Hope this is available in Australia quite quickly. Can't really find it anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back