Other Gridiron Movies - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hey can anyone give me a link or name the player who is in that famous black and white photo of a quarter back, covered in mud, throwing a pass, and he has an a face of absolute anguish on his face, was in Any Given Sunday and the Junction Boys etc?

Re: Famous Photo

Im after the pic :p

Interested in seeing if they make posters of it etc, have always loved it.

It might be Y.A. Tittle. But I'm not sure as I haven't seen the photo in the film. It might be him because...a) He was cast in the film (as an old guy), b) YA Tittle played in the black and white days, c) In the film Charlton Heston is in the movie and Stone also shows this little bit of Ben Hur on a TV screen.

Tittle, btw, played for the Giants. So if you remember the pic, did it look like the guy was wearing a Giants helmet?

Here's a pic of Tittle to remind you...

image3.jpg

image1.jpg

I knew Y.A had lost more than his fair share of title games, but I didn't know he held the Season passing TD record until 84 and Marino.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Favourite Gridiron Movies

Remember the Titans is incredible, gets the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just thinking about it, truly inspirational.
Rudy also a winner!

Never heard of Rudy or Wildcats. Who stars in these movies?

Don't know the stars, but Rudy is the film about the kid who walks on at Notre Dame and gets in for a couple of plays...neat story....

Remember the Titans

I have Remember The Titans & Friday Night Lights.

During my 'off air' time in the past few days I watched THE PROGRAM a story about THE PRESSURE, THE PAIN & the PRICE each of us must pay to reach our goals which has it's brutal moments...:D I recommend it!! College Football. And then there's a Cuba Gooding Jr one, called RADIO which is high school based, inspired by a true story, and if you thought Cuba 'Mr . Show Me The Money' Gooding Jr, was too obnoxious, then his role in this is a complete meltdown...but the story IS MORE MOVING than the Jerry McGuire story, anyway, I enjoyed RADIO much more. But I think it's the context I look into a story rather than the actual dramatic scenes which THE PROGRAM has more to offer.

Still looking out for RUDY.

My top five:

The Longest Yard (the original)
Any Given Sunday
Rudy
Friday Night Lights
Wildcats

i've been meaning to watch The Longest Yard (the original)...wasn't entirely impressed with Any Given Sunday as the story doesn't grab me...sure it's got a few dramatic scenes...but it's context of the story that doesn't deliver. Love Al Pacino though.

Wildcats is cheesy. may as well watch Debbie does Dallas. :)

I haven't watched TWO FOR THE MONEY yet which portrays Al Pacino's character as dasterley sports gambling mentor leaving his protege high n' dry when the sh** hits the fan..... got some football references I believe.

Wildcats is cheesy. may as well watch Debbie does Dallas. :) .

Wildcats makes my list only for the classic Wesley Snipes line "Let's go eat some pussy!"

Rudy is based upon a true story of a kid who, as a walk on, manages to make the Notre Dame football team and eventually get onto the field for one play. Movies got to be 10 years old now and stared Sean Austin as Rudy (Sam from Lord of The Rings).

Totally forgot about The Program. Great college movie. There was a scene in that movie where a group of players lie head long on the centre lane marker as traffic wizzes by in both directions as an act of bravery. After the movie was released some people wnet and reenacted this scene and were injured so the scene was eventually pulled from the movie.

Totally forgot about The Program. Great college movie. There was a scene in that movie where a group of players lie head long on the centre lane marker as traffic wizzes by in both directions as an act of bravery. After the movie was released some people wnet and reenacted this scene and were injured so the scene was eventually pulled from the movie.

How dramatic was that stunt??? :eek: definately a HELL-RAISER stunt but how does it match riding a motorbike WITHOUT a helmet and flying head first into a oncoming windscreen and still scrubbing up well a month later... ;) :)

Can anyone see a LB crashing into Big Ben in the future and then the celebration would be to improvise getting on a bike and kicking the stand and revving the handle gears with that ol' Merton Hanks neck jolt....now that would be SLAPSTICK! :D and abit sick.... hey, only at the movies kids. :p

I haven't watched TWO FOR THE MONEY yet which portrays Al Pacino's character as dasterley sports gambling mentor leaving his protege high n' dry when the sh** hits the fan..... got some football references I believe.

One of the best movies you will see if your a bit of a gambler and love your football. I loved it, made me want to get into the gambling industry as a bookie of some kind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back