Other Gridiron Movies - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching it now, couldnt figure out ifnit was a doco or a series at first.

Can someone explain what competition theyre in, theyre 3 time National Champs, but is that only like Juniour/Community College's, they're not playing like Oregan State are they?
Yeh, they are not part of the big dance so to speak. Community and Junior Colleges. In this instance, gives players that have left, or did not make it to a College team for various reasons, a chance to do so.

Yeh, they are not part of the big dance so to speak. Community and Junior Colleges. In this instance, gives players that have left, or did not make it to a College team for various reasons, a chance to do so.
American Tertiary education is INSANE, these community colleges out here with full football teams, full stadiums, 6 sets of fresh kits, ice baths, gym, etc etc.

That-s like a TAFE having a VFL team, crazy.

Re: Famous Photo

I knew Y.A had lost more than his fair share of title games, but I didn't know he held the Season passing TD record until 84 and Marino.

:thumbsu:

Just another 49er QB better than Marino I guess, ain't that right GG.exe

Last Chance U is pretty good, interesting to see blokes like Franklin who went there but are now at a big school. Only 2 eps in and trying not to smash it all out at once.

Probably cost some kids a chance at top flyte ball.

Dissapointed Wyatt didn't get a run.

I'm still pissed off about it, and it's been three or four days now.
How much of a hypocrite was the head coach.

Anyone watch the Netflix docu-series, Last Chance U? Binged watched it yesterday, was quite good. Goes to show how some players can lose the chance at a big time college by just not being able to apply themselves to go to class and pass. The coach is a grade A-a-hole as well.
Watched the first 4 episodes so far. Really enjoying it. Would be great if someone like DJ Law or Ollie make it to the NFL now that we've seen their other side.

Seems a little polished to be a straight up doco. Cameras in the perfect spots etc. Sometimes feels like the camera is on the field during play ala Any Given Sunday as apposed to straight up doco.

Finally got around to watching Last Chance U.

- I can't believe that the coach still has a job after the things he did during the show - shoved a referee and got a 2 game suspension, nearly getting into a physical altercation with police after the last game, calling his entire team a bunch of thugs and rednecks and basically losing the lockerroom etc

- Those classes must be extremely easy if kids who don't pay any attention in class and have to make up tests etc can get As

- Brittany Wagner, the academic advisor, is pretty much the major redeeming quality of that football program

- John Franklin III must be getting a hell of a reality check now that he's the 3rd string QB at Auburn after leaving FSU because he was 3rd string there and not being able to beat out that Wyatt dude at a JUCO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Bump*

Even though I rate REMEMBER THE TITANS as my all-time fav football movie, this one, GREATER, which was released last year, is right up there… TOP 5 for mine… surpasses The Express and Brian's song.. Based on true story. :( Blows Rudy outta the back door.

Two grid iron movies I remember seeing years ago.
Blood sport starred Gary Busey and Ben Johnson, Larry Hagman
Fighting Back, The Rocky Bleier Story...running back for the Steelers.

Last edited:
*Bump*

Even though I rate REMEMBER THE TITANS as my all-time fav football movie, this one, GREATER, which was released last year, is right up there… TOP 5 for mine… surpasses The Express and Brian's song.. Based on true story. :( Blows Rudy outta the back door.

Fantastic film and I fully agree but way to sad. :(

Currently watching QB1 : Beyond The Lights on Netflix. Directed by Peter Berg, the guy who created Friday Night Lights series.

Really enjoying it, follows the senior season of 3 high school QB's. Only one i had heard of was Jake Fromm. Real insight into how serious high school football is. Coaches are crazy serious. Recommend it to any US football fan.

Currently watching QB1 : Beyond The Lights on Netflix. Directed by Peter Berg, the guy who created Friday Night Lights series.

Really enjoying it, follows the senior season of 3 high school QB's. Only one i had heard of was Jake Fromm. Real insight into how serious high school football is. Coaches are crazy serious. Recommend it to any US football fan.
Do you happen to know the names of the other two?

Do you happen to know the names of the other two?
Jake Fromm, Tayvon Bowers and Tate Martell in Season 1
Re-Al Mitchell, Sam Hartman and Justin Fields Season 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back