Vic "Gridlock" Dan Andrews

Remove this Banner Ad

Gridlock is partly due to the laziness of those people who simply just drive to work in the city because they feel they are entitled to do so.

The amount of people I see driving into the city on their own (no such thing as carpooling for many) and then paying through the nose for the parking available in the city is ridiculous.

You should only drive to and park in the city if you have no choice but to do so. There are other options.
Absolutely spot on, anyone that lives in close proximity to a train line that goes into the city who work in or near the city should be taking public transport. These are the yuppies that do most of the complaining when it comes to the gridlock yet can't see that they are contributing to the problem as we as a nation are so set in our ways. Using the excuse " the rail network is s**t" as a way to justify driving everywhere is a lazy argument. This is why I'm concerned all these public transport projects will lead to nothing because people are just ingrained to drive.

............ we as a nation are so set in our ways...............

Excuse me, but how is this a problem?

Aren't these hacks elected to represent the "nation" in the first place?

Excuse me, but how is this a problem?

Aren't these hacks elected to represent the "nation" in the first place?
It doesn't just apply to driving everywhere mate " being set in their ways". The last federal election should give you the hot tip and those people still live in a land of denial.

It doesn't just apply to driving everywhere mate " being set in their ways". The last federal election should give you the hot tip and those people still live in a land of denial.

This doesn't answer my question.

Everyone has their own situation, you can’t judge people you know nothing about.

Some will be doing school drop offs on the way to work

Others will use the time in the car to make phone calls, making the commute more efficient. I’ve done this in past jobs and it was a very valuable time of my day... and not something that’s very easy to do when you’re pressed guts to back with thousands of others on a train.

Others don’t live anywhere near a station - or near a station with parking.

Plenty of jobs require you to on the road during the day going to other offices or customers. If you need to visit multiple places across Melbourne each day, often PT just isn’t useful.

People will always take the option that is most convenient within their commitments, and cheapest. People are rational.
If your working a 9-5 job in an office in the city than you should not be driving in if you live in close proximity to a train line. That refers to quite a bit of the population. Yes there are people with genuine reasons to commute by car which make sense but we need to get out of that mentality of " there is no other choice".

Absolutely spot on, anyone that lives in close proximity to a train line that goes into the city who work in or near the city should be taking public transport. These are the yuppies that do most of the complaining when it comes to the gridlock yet can't see that they are contributing to the problem as we as a nation are so set in our ways. Using the excuse " the rail network is s**t" as a way to justify driving everywhere is a lazy argument. This is why I'm concerned all these public transport projects will lead to nothing because people are just ingrained to drive.

did you notice also that trains and trams are filled to bursting point?

Hilarious timing.

So much for the ****ing "heartland".

They can just make do with Dan's gridlock.

1581199105143.png

Metro employee that they have not yet got any trains started on the 10,000 kilometres of testing on the metropolitan network before any of the fleet is allowed to take passengers.
Not correct. It has been testing at night since december between Pakenham and Berwick along with testing between Newport and Werribee in January.
Theyve been doing the initial 2500km last train/first train testing.
The other parts of the 10,000km of testing are starting(reliablity growth running and simulated passenger service) soon.

Only the first one has to do 10000km every other one has to do 4000km off the top of my head.

Units 2, 3 & 4 have been doing the testing.

Last edited:
If your working a 9-5 job in an office in the city than you should not be driving in if you live in close proximity to a train line. That refers to quite a bit of the population. Yes there are people with genuine reasons to commute by car which make sense but we need to get out of that mentality of " there is no other choice".

I think you’ll that’s already the case. It has been the way any time I’ve worked in city offices, based on that small sample.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not correct. It has been testing at night since december between Pakenham and Berwick along with testing between Newport and Werribee in January.
Theyve been doing the initial 2500km last train/first train testing.
The other parts of the 10,000km of testing are starting(reliablity growth running and simulated passenger service) soon.

Only the first one has to do 10000km every other one has to do 4000km off the top of my head.

Units 2, 3 & 4 have been doing the testing.

That's not the information I was given but you may be right. Are you saying only 3 units are being used for testing when the trains should run as a 7 car set? This wouldn't test the couplings, which has been a significant issue in the past, even before the added complexity of the new interfaces.

Regardless, it's still a massive balls up. Andrews originally promised to have the new trains running on the network by the end of 2018. Jacinta Allen will have her one train be ready by mid 2020 so that they can trumpet it to the press.

That's not the information I was given but you may be right. Are you saying only 3 units are being used for testing when the trains should run as a 7 car set? This wouldn't test the couplings, which has been a significant issue in the past, even before the added complexity of the new interfaces.

Regardless, it's still a massive balls up. Andrews originally promised to have the new trains running on the network by the end of 2018. Jacinta Allen will have her one train be ready by mid 2020 so that they can trumpet it to the press.
A HCMT is a fixed 7 car unit.
90xx-91xx-92xx-93xx-97xx-98xx-99xx
Units 1-9 are at Pakenham East.
The only coupling it will do is if something breaks down and it or another train needs a tow.
That part of testing was done ages ago before the mainline stuff started.

Mid 2020 matches what Ive been told.

This was from the Werribee testing.

Last edited:
Another grinding absurd day in Gridlock Dan's shithole.

Not only will I be voting Liberal for the first time in my life at the next state election, I will also volunteer to hand out how to vote cards.

I think you’ll that’s already the case. It has been the way any time I’ve worked in city offices, based on that small sample.

yep, most people will opt to take PT
The problem that I hear from those that do, is that the trains are full from the initial few stations, and parking is a nightmare if you get to some stations after 6:30am

Pity he has done fxxx all for geelong

He redid the entire rail line from Geelong to Melbourne. I think vlines are now on a separate rail to the Bendigo line right into the cbd. The travel time from Geelong to the CBD is faster than from Pakenham

Another grinding absurd day in Gridlock Dan's shithole.

Not only will I be voting Liberal for the first time in my life at the next state election, I will also volunteer to hand out how to vote cards.

You do know they've committed to every project being done, right?

And if anything, will also be removing 50 road intersections, on top of all the level crossing removals?

Instead of the West Gate and North East Link, they will just build the East West Link instead.

Hilarious timing.

So much for the ****ing "heartland".

They can just make do with Dan's gridlock.

View attachment 819709

Lol that's what all the idiots investing 600k+ in a dump like Sunshine get for their stupidity. Transport hub my arse it's a slum and always has been. Hopefully the airport is linked to safer areas of Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back