Injury Griff and Corey Ellis out

Remove this Banner Ad

This might be an unpopular opinion, but Griff has been poor this year outside of a handful of games. I'd rather see McBean get an extended run at it.
Based on output it's correct. I still think it coincided with when he did his hip though, and fully fit he's still good. Don't agree with us playing him if he wasn't fully fit but McBean hasn't really consistently started kicking big scores in VFL this year until recently so it wasn't really an option.

McBean,Elton,Astbury - We Have Options

This is called - DEPTH

Sure they're tall but are any of them considered a leading VFL player let alone being able to step in and contribute at AFL level.

Astbury is the one who has fallen away for mine. McBean I just don't see see making it. I like my big blokes to be able to take a grab or 2. McBean whether forward or on the ball is not that man.

Mate of mine accidentally disclocated and snapped a ligament in my thumb a couple years back. Took about a year for it to feel normal and painless. You'd be surprised how long it takes your digits to get right again

Sorry mate but almost had tears the way you wrote that, funny sh!t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the consensus that it sucks to lose Griffiths but also agree with those who argue his form hasn't been great. Vickery has emerged the better player this season of the t two for mine. His set shots are very good and the way he played that game against the Swans a few weeks back was fantastic. He has more freak factor to his game where his contributions are kind of distant shadowy similarities to the way Jack can influence a match.

Vickery in is very good. If Hampson was/is right we still have good tall options with McBean in the waiting.

Bummer for Ellis but he is a future prospect.

we can cover griff but not c ellis
Given C. Ellis is a first year player who has only played a handful of games, he's not exactly a key contributor to the side yet. We can easily cover for him for the rest of the year. It would have been nice to have him playing for development, but its not like its Cotch or Deledio going down, they are the players we can't cover.

Given C. Ellis is a first year player who has only played a handful of games, he's not exactly a key contributor to the side yet. We can easily cover for him for the rest of the year. It would have been nice to have him playing for development, but its not like its Cotch or Deledio going down, they are the players we can't cover.
Watch them both get injured this week...

Aish just did his finger and is out for the season
There is a difference.
25gfguu.jpg

yea I get it but I just think that i am disappointed that this kid was really going to assert himself this year. I dont want a newman plugging in holes. I want him.

Ye have little faith!

We need McBean to play. We need to take away Gibson and Lakes ability to play 3rd man up all game.
Then Gordon should play.He doesn't get anywhere near where the ball is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back