Griffin Logue 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

one thing he does need to work on is keeping his feet.

he seems to goto ground in almost every single contest.
I think that falking over is often a direct response to a lack of confidence. Its as if your brain makes it happen to justify losing the contest. Players out of form very often fall over. Once he gets his confidence up he'll keep his feet more.

I think that falking over is often a direct response to a lack of confidence. Its as if your brain makes it happen to justify losing the contest. Players out of form very often fall over. Once he gets his confidence up he'll keep his feet more.
Unless he's learned from guys like ballas and spurr.

Fooling the coaching panel 101: make it look like you're tried your guts out and couldn't possibly have done anymore to win a contest by losing your feet. Make it look like you're literally run yourself off your feet trying to win the contest and couldn't give any more.

I agree with your opinion more though. Just wanted to vent about guys that always lose their feet. Shits me!

Unless he's learned from guys like ballas and spurr.

Fooling the coaching panel 101: make it look like you're tried your guts out and couldn't possibly have done anymore to win a contest by losing your feet. Make it look like you're literally run yourself off your feet trying to win the contest and couldn't give any more.

I agree with your opinion more though. Just wanted to vent about guys that always lose their feet. Shits me!
I remember how many times Grover used to lose his feet towards the end of his career. I definitely think its a psychological thing that is a sign that you can't compete.

I think we can put that one to bed.
Gerard Healey in the first quarter against North Melbourne after Griffin had been bowled over by ManTank Majak said something about 'Logue needs to keep his feet in those contests.' .....der.
Then the urban myth emerges on Bigfooty;don't think there's much wrong with the way he's coming along.Another solid development day out in Sydney today against vastly more experienced forwards.
Look forward to him having the confidence and composure to run it out of defence and use the long left peg;80 metre plays all day long out of the backline.

Backing in him despite what some called on here as "clueless and lost performances" is finally starting to pay off. He's going to be very important to use next season. 4 more games and another pre-season and he will be replicating his game from WAFL into AFL perfectly. His confidence in himself is growing and growing.

Getting better by the week. I can't believe some were happy to write him off after a couple of games.

Actually I can believe it, nothing surprises me about bigfooty anymore.

Bigfooty: Play the kids, play the kids!!!

Lyon: That kid isn't ready yet.

Bigfooty: I don't care, play the kids, play the kids!!!

Lyon: *Plays kid*

Bigfooty: That kid didn't play well, he's s**t, he'll never be an AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting better by the week. I can't believe some were happy to write him off after a couple of games.

Actually I can believe it, nothing surprises me about bigfooty anymore.

Bigfooty: Play the kids, play the kids!!!

Lyon: That kid isn't ready yet.

Bigfooty: I don't care, play the kids, play the kids!!!

Lyon: *Plays kid*

Bigfooty: That kid didn't play well, he's s**t, he'll never be an AFL player.
Nobody write him off , I don't get why people so negative with sending player to peel to improve their game , Luke ryan play a good game after been droped to peel for discipline reason .

There were plenty of premature calls about him being a wasted draft pick.
Not sure about other , for me I am not convinced currently he is the best first rd we can pick , but definitely not a waste pick . A waste pick is like morabinto or Simpson .

Have to admit I wasn't sold after seeing his first few games. Still not tbh. But he has been getting better as he settles into the side.

Which I guess is what you'd expect from a kid. I think these days we get used to seeing some kids come in and have an immediate impact. But that's the exception rather than the norm.

Dunno, he could be one of those ones who always have obvious potential or never reach it as well

The draft is a raffle, and to get someone who is able to make decent contribution is a reasonable break even point. Sure he was a high pick, which provides some capacity for development into an A grade player. None of them come with a guarantee, but with Logue I certainly wouldn't be looking for a refund. He has shown enough to suggest he will get to break even at a minimum.

When some people see SPP or SPS playing well instantly they start calling for the recruitment teams heads.

Some players take time. I thinj SPP will peak early than most new recruits. Logue has so much learning to do with so much upside. He'll be an absolute beast for Freo in a couple of years. Bookmark it

When some people see SPP or SPS playing well instantly they start calling for the recruitment teams heads.

Some players take time. I thinj SPP will peak early than most new recruits. Logue has so much learning to do with so much upside. He'll be an absolute beast for Freo in a couple of years. Bookmark it

Not to mention he filled a need just when we needed it. We had no other choice really. Hopefully SPS gets homesick in a couple of years time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back